泰戈爾 -《我不敢》
I long to speak the deepest words I have to say to you ;
我想對你說出我要說的最深的話語;
but I dare not, for fear you should laugh.
我不敢,我怕你曬笑。
That is why I laugh at myself and shatter my secret in jest.
因此我嘲笑自己,把我的秘密在玩笑中打碎。
I make light of my pain, afraid you should do so.
我把我的痛苦說得輕鬆,因為怕你會這樣做。
I long to tell you the truest words I have to say to you;
我想對你說出最真的話語;
but I dare not, being afraid that you would not believe them.
我不敢,我怕你不信。
That is why I disguise them in untruth,
因此我弄真成假,
saying the contrary of what I mean.
說出和我的真心相反的話
I make my pain appear absurd, afraid that you should do so.
我把我的痛苦說得可笑,因為我怕你會這樣做。
I long to use the most precious words I have for you;
我想用最寶貴的名次來形容你,
but I dare not, fearing I should not be paid with like value.
我不敢,我怕得不到相當的酬報
That is why I gave you hard names and boast of my boast of my callous strength.
因此我給你安上苛刻的名字,而誇示我的硬骨。
I hurt you, for fear you should never know any pain.
我傷害你,因為怕你永遠不知道我的痛苦。
I long to sit silent by you;
我渴望靜默的坐在你的身旁;
but I dare not lest my heart come out at my lips.
我不敢,怕我的心會跳到我的唇上。
That is why I prattle and chatter lightly and hide my heart behind words.
因此我輕鬆的說東道西,把我的心藏在語言的後面。
I rudely handle my pain, for fear you should do so.
我粗暴的對待我的痛苦,因為我怕你會這樣做。
I long to go away from your side;
我渴望從你身邊走開;
but I dare not, for fear my cowardice should become known to you.
我不敢,怕你看出我的怯懦。
That is why I hold my head high and carelessly come into your presence.
因此我隨隨便便的昂著走到你的面前。
constant thrusts from your eyes keep my pain fresh forever.
從你眼裡頻頻擲來的刺激,使我的痛苦永遠新鮮。