分享

口语14、15、16

 天俏皮 2010-12-22
口语14

Savvy 14   Surprises and Disbelieves

第十四招 难得惊奇

惊奇是一种特殊的情感反应。要学会得体地表露自己的情感,要学会处理难得惊奇,难得糊涂,大智若愚 (A man of great wisdom often appears slow-witted.) 这就是难得的交际绝招。学几招,你会说得更神奇,你会觉得更神气。

初级经典

Oh, wasn't it cold yesterday?

噢,昨天真冷!

Really? Imagine that!

真的吗?好怪呀!

But that's incredible.

真让人难以置信。

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:7″

No, it can't be!

不,绝不会!

It's too good to be true.

好得让人难以相信。

You can't be serious.

你瞎说!

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:7″

You are not serious, are you?

你说着玩的吧,对不对?

You're joking, of course.

当然,你这是在开玩笑。

You're pulling my leg.

你在开我的玩笑。

I really can't believe that.

我真不能相信。

I find that hard to believe.

我觉得难以置信。

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:13″  

中级经典

You can't expect me to believe that.

别指望着我会相信那回事。

It's quite difficult? That's funny. I thought it was easy.

很难吗?真逗!我觉得很容易。

Philip! I can hardly believe my ears...

菲力普,我简直不相信自己的耳朵……

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:12″

It's rather unlikely that she would go to Mexico.

她不太可能去墨西哥。

I rather doubt that you really know me.

你说你真的认识我,对此我表示怀疑。

It's nothing to be surprised about.

这事不值得大惊小怪。

It's not to be wondered at.

那不足为奇。

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:13″

She almost had a fit when she saw the bill.

她看到那帐单时大吃一惊。

Fear rooted him to the ground.

恐惧使他呆立在那里一动不动。

A sudden fear came over him.

他突然感到恐惧。

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:11″  

高级经典

Imagine her saying such unkind things about you!

想想看,她竟然说出这些对你无情的话!

It surprises me that you, of all people, should be so foolish.

在这么多人当中,竟然是你如此愚蠢,真使我吃惊。

His failure did not cause much surprise.

大家对他的失败并不感到奇怪。

I haven't yet recovered from my astonishment.

我的惊骇还没有完全消失。

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:19″

The news came as a thunderbolt.

这消息犹如晴天霹雳。

As strange as it may sound, Joe has just been promoted to manager.

听起来很怪,不过乔刚被提升为经理。

It may surprise you, but Sue refused to marry Joe.

你可能不信,苏拒绝嫁给乔。

You may find this hard to believe, but I've won first prize.

你也许不大相信这事儿,但我获得了一等奖。

Between astonishment and despair, she hardly knew what to do.

惊骇与绝望的双重打击下,她简直不知该怎么办。

                                                                                    

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:24″

...but Philip! I can hardly believe it! How on earth did you manage to escape?

……但是,菲力普,我几乎不信,你究竟怎样设法逃脱的呢?

I can't believe you. I mean, how in the world did he pay off all his debts?

我不信你的话。 我的意思是说,他究竟怎样还清债务的呢?

Are you sure? I'm very surprised that she could go for a walk in the dark wood.

你肯定吗?我非常奇怪她会在黑暗的树林中散步。

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:19″
口语15

Savvy 15        Needless Worries

第十五招  枉自烦恼

“忧伤能伤人,绿鬓变霜鬓。”(Worries hurt, and make the worrier's hair turn white.)“不要为明天而忧虑,因为明天自有明天的忧虑,一天的难处一天就够了。”疯狂地学几句,练几招来解脱生活中的一些烦恼。

初级经典

I was afraid of getting lost in the city.

我害怕在城里迷路。

I am afraid they will let the cat out of the bag.

我担心他们会泄密。

Worries make you grow older quicker.

忧伤催人老。

The mistake you made isn't at all important. Please don't lose any sleep over it.

你犯的错误一点也不要紧。请不必为此担忧。

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:16″

Mrs. Rumbold is all in a flutter about her daughter's wedding next week.

鲁姆伯特太太为女儿下周的婚礼感到焦急不安。

The pictures of the monsters in the book scared me.

那本书中的怪物图画把我吓坏了。

I was extremely nervous when Mount St. Helen's erupted.

圣海伦火山爆发时,我非常紧张。

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:16″

You must put off your doubts and fears.

你一定要排除恐惧和疑虑。

I was really terrified of being left at home when I was a small boy.

我小的时候,一人呆在家里实在害怕。

The murder scene in the film horrified me.

电影中的凶杀场面使我心惊肉跳。

Don't worry, something is sure to turn up.

车到山前必有路,船到桥头自会直。

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:18″

中级经典

I was frightened out of my wits when I met the tiger face to face.

当我与老虎面对面时,我被吓得魂飞魄散。

I was absolutely terrified when I canoed up the Amazon.

当我划着独木舟沿亚玛逊河逆流而上时,我真是害怕得很。

I went white with fear when I went for a walk in the dark forest.

当我在那漆黑的森林里走的时候,我吓得脸都发白了。

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:17″

I was scared out of my wits when I watched the guy falling off the tall tree.

看见那家伙从高高的树上摔下来,我吓得不知所措。

I was frightened that so many people were attacked in the streets in that city.

在那个城市,有许多人在街上受到袭击,我觉得可怕。

I was scared when Mrs. Wilkinson was woken up by a strange noise, which seemed to come from the garden.

威尔金逊夫人被好像来自花园的奇怪声音惊醒时,我害怕极了。

I shivered at the idea that a frightful car crash might occur near the center of the town.

想到市中心有可能发生撞车事故,我浑身发抖。

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:26″

高级经典

Where have you been? Your mother has been going nuts for two hours wondering where you were.

你去哪里了?你母亲一直为你担心,着急了整整两个小时。

Chris looks as though he has something on his mind. Perhaps he's worried about the exams tomorrow.

克里斯看上去好像有什么心事似的,也许他在担心明天的考试。

It worried me to death to see you looking so tired.

看到你如此疲劳,我十分担心。

The men at the factory said the new automatic equipment could put them out of their jobs.

这家工厂的人说新的自动化设备可能会使他们失业。

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:23″

You can't find a boyfriend? You should not worry, with your good looks!

你没能找到男朋友吗?你长得这么漂亮,根本不用担心。

I was so anxious because I was deeply in debt, and eventually my health suffered as well.

因为负债累累,我极度焦虑不安,最后身体也受了影响。

The cost of living now is so high that you need to earn a good income just to keep your head above water. Don't you think so?

生活消费这么高,得多挣钱日子才能过得去。你不这样认为吗?

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:21″
口语16

Savvy 16        Sincere Invitations

第十六招  热忱邀请

邀请是沟通的桥梁。(An invitation is like a bridge to communication.)热忱的邀请就在你的嘴边,疯狂地学上几招,你很快就会熟能生巧,再高贵的VIP(重要人物)你也能把他请到。同样,接受与婉拒邀请也是一门艺术。记住,真诚是打开心灵的钥匙。

初级经典

Great! I'd like that.

太好了!我太喜欢了。

Marvelous! Thanks.

妙极了!谢谢。

That would be lovely!

真是好极了!

How nice of you! Many thanks.

你真好!多谢。

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:10″

What's the best way to get there?

怎么去那儿最近?

How about tomorrow evening then?

明晚如何?

Thank you. I'll be glad to come.

谢谢你。我很高兴能来。

It's very nice of you to invite me.

你能邀请我,你真好。

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:15″

Could you make it next weekend?

下周末行吗?

Would Saturday be convenient?

周六你方便吗?

I'm sorry, but I'll go to my parents'.

对不起,我要到父母家去。

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:8″

I'd love to, but I'll go on a business trip.

很想去,但我要出差。

Can I take a rain check?

能改个时间再请我吗?

Alright, I'm free on Sunday.

好吧!我星期天没事。

Thanks, I'd love to.

谢谢!我很愿意去。

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:12″

中级经典

Let's meet outside the theatre at 4 o'clock, shall we?

我们4点钟在剧场外见面吧,行吗?

This evening's a problem. What about tomorrow?

今晚不行。明天呢?

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:8″

I've been looking forward to this occasion.

我一直都盼着参加这项盛事。

We can't come on Saturday, I'm sorry. We've been asked to go to a dance that evening.

我很抱歉,星期六我们来不了,因为已有人请我们那天晚上去参加一个舞会。

Thanks for the offer, but I'm afraid I'll have to decline. I have an essay to finish.

谢谢你的盛情邀请,但恐怕我得让你失望了,我有篇稿子要完成。

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:17″

May we have you as our guest of honor?

您能否赏光,作为我们的嘉宾?

You are cordially invited to the party to mark the 100th anniversary of the founding of our university.

我们谨邀请您参加我们的100周年的校庆宴会。

We'd be delighted, as well as honored, if you could come to our annual celebration this Saturday.

您若能作为嘉宾光临我们本周六举行的年度庆典,我们将不胜荣幸。

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:19″

高级经典

I'm snowed under with invitations.

我接到了大量的请柬。

I'll take you up on that.

我接受你的邀请。

Would it be convenient if I called for you at 3 o'clock this afternoon?

我下午3点钟接你行吗?

Oh, dear, I'm afraid I'm busy tonight.  Perhaps tomorrow evening, though?

哟!今晚我很忙。明晚也许行吧?

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:16″

It's very kind of you, but you see, I'm preparing for my exam.

你真好!但你知道我快要考试了。

I can't, I'm afraid. You see my teacher's expecting me to meet him at the station.

我恐怕去不了。我要去车站接老师。

Thank you for the invitation, but I'm not sure if I can. I hope you'll invite me again some other time.

谢谢你的邀请,但我说不准能不能去,我希望你其它时间再请我。

[模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:20″




    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多