分享

实用英语对话:求职面试一 - 口语资料 - 口语陪练论坛 英语陪练 - Powered b...

 听我说 2011-04-22
Tell me about your experience with this company.
跟我谈谈你在这个公司上班的经历。

"Tell me about your experience" is by far the most common opening interview question. Employers are looking for the highlights of your career, so this is your time to brag about what you've accomplished, and what you think makes you a qualified applicant.
I worked there for two years.
我在那里工作了两年。
During that time, I was able to implement a new organization process.
在那段时间里﹐我实施了一套新的组织程序。
We streamlined this process to make it more efficient.
我们精简程序﹐提高了效率。
My accomplishments
I succeeded in increasing my department's productivity.
我成功地提高了我所在部门的生产效率。
I delivered this project ahead of schedule.
我提前完成了这个项目。
We were able to successfully troubleshoot problematic issues.
我们成功解决了问题。

It's not personal, it's business

There's an American saying that goes, "It's not personal, it's business." In the U.S., employers value performance, productivity, and efficiency over personal relationships. Having "connections" sometimes helps applicants get a company to notice them, but in no way guarantees a job. Likewise, meetings in the U.S. are primarily about the work, and very little about the person they are meeting with. Some cultures see this as cold or impersonal; Americans see it as efficient. After all, "time is money."
It is also important to note that, while working in America, the quality of your work and your productivity are usually more important than the relationships you have built. Having good rapport with coworkers and supervisors is helpful in the professional world, but you will be assessed (for raises, promotions, and new jobs) on the basis of your performance.
What does it mean to be a member of a team?

What does it mean to you to be a member of a team?
你觉得怎样做才是团队的一员﹖
It's important to be able to trust that your teammates are all pulling their own weight.
重要的是﹐你要相信你的队友都在尽力。
Communication is the key to making a team work together successfully.
有效沟通是使一个团队成功合作的关键。
Team members need to be positive and treat each other respectfully.
团队成员要持积极态度﹐而且彼此尊重。
How do you deal with conflict?
How do you deal with conflict in the workplace?
在工作中遇到冲突你要怎么办﹖
I try to work with others to reach a compromise.
我会努力跟别人达成妥协。
It's often possible to find a win-win solution by collaborating.
通过合作总可以找到双赢的解决办法。
If it's over something small, sometimes it helps to make a small concession.
如果只是因为一点小事儿发生矛盾﹐有时作出小小的让步就行了。
I try to be firm but diplomatic when I disagree with someone.
如果我和别人有分歧﹐我会坚持己见﹐同时客气地跟别人交流意见。

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多