MouseHappy / 英语对话 / 英语脱口秀(英中双语) 一

分享

   

英语脱口秀(英中双语) 一

2011-10-19  MouseHappy
露浸三分玉颜俏

流利英语脱口出 (一)  
  
  1. have a big moan about sb 大大抱怨某人
  A: Where did you go last night after work?
  昨晚下班后你去哪里啦?
  B: I went out for drinks with my workmate Susan.
  我和同事苏珊一起出去喝了几杯。
  A: I guess she had a big moan about your boss again.
  我猜想她又大大抱怨你们老板了。
  B: Yeah. I wish we could have a better boss!
  是啊,真希望我们有个更好点的老板!
  
  2. at each other’s throats 激烈争吵
  A: Hi, Linda, haven’t seen you for a while!
  嗨,琳达,有阵子没见了。
  B: Yeah, I went to visit my daughter and son-in-law in London.
  是啊,我去伦敦看
女儿、女婿了。
  A: How are they doing?
  他们怎么样?
  B: Same as before, one day they’re all kissy-kissy and smiles, the next day they are at each other’s throats.
  还是老样子。有时恩爱得不得了,有时又大吵大闹的。
  
  3. cheat on sb 搞外遇
  A: I think Steve is cheating on me.
  我想史蒂夫在搞外遇。
  B: Why?
  为什么这么想?
  A: First of all, he starts taking pride in his appearance,then he goes to the gym more than usual, buy new clothes and have regular haircuts.
  首先,他开始注意形象了,然后呢,又经常去健身,买新衣服,也开始定期去理发店了。
  B: Well, that sounds really suspicious. But then,better found it out sooner rather than later.
  听起来确实可疑,不过,早点发现总比晚发现要好。
  
  4. a control freak 控制欲极强的人
  A: How’s David?
  大卫最近怎样?
  B: Don’t know. I broke up with him.
  不知道,我和他分手了。
  A: What happened?
  出什么事了?
  B: He is really a control freak and I can’t bear it.
  他控制欲太强了,我实在没法忍受。
  
  5. pop the question 求婚
  A: Mom, I had some great news for you and dad!
  
妈妈,我有好消息要告诉你和爸爸。
  
  B: What is it, honey?
  什么好消息,亲爱的?
  A: Well, Matt took me to a really fancy restaurant tonight, and popped the question there!
  马特今晚请我去了一家非常高级的餐厅,然后在那里向我求婚了!
  B: Oh, I am so happy for you, sweetheart! I will tell your dad once he comes home.
  哦,亲爱的,我太为你高兴了。你爸爸一回家我就告诉他这个好消息。
  
  6. chat up 讨好,以一种友好的态度与某人说话以博得其好感,因为对他(她)有兴趣
  A: The guy we met at the pub last night really likes you.
  昨晚我们在酒吧碰到的那个人真的很喜欢你。
  B: What makes you think so?
  为什么这么说?
  A: The way he chatted you up.
  看他和你讲话的方式啊,很想博你好感的样子。
  B: Well, he is a cute guy and I would love to go out with him sometime, he had my number.
   嗯,他真的蛮不错的。我也愿意再和他出去,他已经要了我电话。
  
  7. no going back 没有回头路可走了
  A: I think I’ve fallen in love with Michael.
  我想我爱上迈克尔了。
  B: Your best friend Michael? I think you’ve been friends ever since you were kids!
  你最好的
朋友迈克尔?你们不是从小就是好朋友吗?
  A: Yes. I don’t know what happened, but I began to feel attracted to him lately
  是啊,我不知道怎么了,但最近我好像真的开始很迷恋他。
  B: Well, do be careful, because crossing the line from friends to lovers, even if it’s only for one big kiss, means no going back.
   你要小心啊,越过那条界限,从朋友成为恋人,哪怕只是一个亲吻,也代表没有回头路可走了。
  
  8. once in a blue moon 不经常发生的事情
  A: Oh, I love your necklace, is it a new one?
  哦,我很喜欢你的项链,是新买的吗?
  B: Yes, my boyfriend bought it for me yesterday.
  是啊,我男朋友昨天送给我的。
  A: Oh, how nice of him!
  哦,他真不错啊。
  B: It is only once in a blue moon.
  只是偶尔罢了。
  
  9. over the top 夸张的
  A: Have you watched “Ugly Betty”?
  你看了“丑贝蒂”吗?
  B: Yes, I think it was quite different from other soaps.
  看了,我觉得它和别的肥皂剧很不同。
  A: Yeah, I think it was over the top but very funny.
  是啊,我觉得它有点夸张,但是非常搞笑。
  B: I do love the underdog story though.
  不过我确实喜欢看小人物的
故事
  
  10. (is) bitching about sth / sb 说某人的坏话
  A: What do you think of Pauline, our new classmate?
  你觉得我们班的新同学波琳怎样?
  B: Don’t get me wrong, I do like her, but...
  我不想你误会我,我觉得她还行,只是……
  A: You think that she’s forever bitching about everybody else.
  你觉得她永远在说别人坏话。
  A: Yeah, exactly!
  是的,确实如此!

      本期开始,“流利英语脱口出”栏目将由目前正在英国留学、实习的原《海外英语》编辑何迅文自英国发来,大多为目前英国口语中的流行语,欢迎大家一同欣赏学习......

      作者:何迅文  海外英语 07年3期 

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多
    喜欢该文的人也喜欢 更多

    ×
    ×

    ¥.00

    微信或支付宝扫码支付:

    开通即同意《个图VIP服务协议》

    全部>>