分享

英语脱口秀 二 (英中双语)

 MouseHappy 2011-10-19
小淘气

流利英语脱口出   
  
  1. the hair stood up on my neck 我感到毛骨悚然
  A: Have you seen Saw Ⅲ?
  你看《电锯3》了吗?
  B: No, I am afraid I cannot bear to see that kind of movies. Have you ?
   没有,我可没胆看那种
电影。你看了吗?
  A: Yes, the hair stood up on my neck, even though I don’t think I am an easy-to-scare person.
  是啊,尽管我不觉得自己胆子小,可是都给吓得毛骨悚然的。
  B: It says in the news that some people had heart attacks in the movie theatre.
  是啊,新闻里面说很多人在电影院就吓得心脏病犯了。
  
  2. land a job找到
工作
  A: I met Joan on the street today.
  我今天在街上碰到琼了。
  B: You did? How is she?
  是吗?她现在怎么样?
  A: She just landed a great job at a law firm.
  她刚在一家
法律公司找到一份相当棒的工作。
  B: Good for her! I wish I could be as lucky.
  真是太好了,我希望我也能这么走运。
  
  3. freaked out 吃惊,不安,生气或迷惑
  A: I had a lousy time at the party today.
  今天的晚会糟糕透了。
  B: What happened?
  发生什么事情了?
  A: I got freaked out, because when I walked into that party, everyone stopped talking. I had a feeling that they’ve been talking about me.
  我一走进去,所有的人都停止说话了,真的让我很不安。
  B: Oh, you poor thing!
  噢,可怜的人!
  
  4. It’s a shame! 真遗憾,真可惜!
  A: I am really looking forward to the Hogmanay (New Year’s Eve in Scotland) street party in Edinburgh this year..
  我盼着去参加爱丁堡今年的苏格兰除夕街道晚会。
  B: Me too, I only wish the weather would be fine.
  我也是,我希望今年的天气会很好。
  A: Yeah, the 2007 one has to be cancelled at the last minute due to bad weather.
  是哦,2007年12月31号晚上那个,由于天气状况差,在最后一刻还是取消了。
  B: It’s a shame! Hopefully, this year it won’t happen.
  真可惜,希望今年不会再发生同样的情况了。
  
  5. Fingers crossed 希望你好运
  A: You look so happy, what’s happened?
  你看来很开心,有什么喜事吗?
  B: I got an interview with Oxford University Press!
  牛津大学出版社邀请我去面试!
  A: Oh, I am thrilled to hear that. Fingers crossed you will get that job.
  我真是太兴奋了!祝你好运,能得到这份工作。
  B: Thank you, I will try my best.
  谢谢,我会尽最大努力的!
  
  6. check it out 查一查
  A: What’s the name of the author who wrote “A Woman of Substance”?
  写《富有的
女人》的作者叫什么名字来着?
  B: I think her first name is Barbara, but I forgot her last name.
  我记得她叫芭芭拉,姓什么我记不得了。
  A: Can you check it out for me?
  你能帮我查查吗?
  B: Sure, wait a sec. Oh, it is Barbara Taylor Bradford.
  当然,等等。哦,是巴巴拉·泰勒·布拉德福。
  
  7. out of my league 不是一类人
  A: Why don’t you go out with them?
  你为什么不和他们一起出去?
  B: They are all from rich families and are out of my league.
  他们都来自富有的家庭,和我不是一类人。
  A: Come on, don’t be silly, I am sure they will enjoy your company.
  别傻了,我相信他们都喜欢和你作伴的。
  B: You sure?
  你确信?
  
  8. love ... to bits 非常爱
  A: I love my husband to bits!
  我真爱死我老公了。
  B: No wonder you are saying so now, you are newly-weds. But do you think you will still fancy him in 30 years?
  你现在这么说一点不稀奇,你们毕竟才结婚嘛,但是你想过吗,30年后你还能对他有这么爱吗?
  A: I think so, nothing will change my love for him.
  我想是的,没有什么能改变我对他的爱。
  B: Well, time alone can tell.
  我看这个问题只有时间能回答了。
  
  9. double-check 再检查一遍
  A: In what year was this novel written?
  这部
小说是哪一年写成的?
  B: 1998.1998年。
  A: You sure?
  你确信?
  B: Wait a sec, let me double-check.
  等等,我来再查一下看看。
  
  10. down-to-earth 实际的
  A: How do you like your life in Oxford?
  你在牛津的
生活如何?
  B: Well, it is good.
  嗯,不错。
  A: What’s the main difference between people there and here in Edinburgh?
  那里的人和这边爱丁堡的人主要有什么不同?
  B: I think people in Oxford are less down-to-earth.
  我觉得爱丁堡的人更加实际一点。

      “流利英语脱口出”栏目2007年3月起,由目前正在英国留学、实习的原《海外英语》编辑何迅文自英国发来,大多为目前英国口语中的流行语,欢迎大家一同欣赏学习......

     作者:何迅文     海外英语 07年4期 

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多