分享

8条幸福真理

 山爷wzs0718 2012-01-01

   8条幸福真理

By Gretchen Rubin

       格雷琴 品红著

In my study of happiness, I’ve labored to identify its fundamental principles. Because I get a tremendous kick out of the numbered lists that pop up throughout Buddhism (the Triple Refuge, the Noble Eightfold Path, the Four Noble Truths, the eight auspicious symbols), I decided to dub these fundamental principles as my Eight Splendid Truths.

在我有关幸福的研究中,费了很大的力气去鉴定它的基本原则。因为我获得了一大堆佛教(三皈依,八正道,四圣谛,吉祥八宝)突然出现的清单以外的资料,我决定将这些基本原则定义为我的8条真理。

Each one of these truths sounds fairly obvious and straightforward, but each was the product of tremendous thought. Take the Second Splendid Truth — it’s hard to exaggerate the clarity I gained when I finally managed to put it into words.

每一条真理都相当的浅显易懂,但每一条都是巨匠的结晶。就拿第二条真理来说——当我即使真的把它转换成文字之后,也很难说明我从中得到的真解。

Here they are.

如下所示:

First Splendid Truth

第一条真理

To be happier, you have to think about feeling good, feeling bad, and feeling right, in an atmosphere of growth.

想要更快乐,在成长的环境中,你得辨别出良好的感觉,不好的感觉和正确的感觉。

Second Splendid Truth

第二条

One of the best ways to make yourself happy is to make other people happy;

让自己快乐起来的最好的方法之一是让别人快乐起来。

One of the best ways to make other people happy is to be happy yourself.

让别人快乐起来最好的办法之一就是自己首先开心起来。

Third Splendid Truth

第三条

The days are long, but the years are short. (Click here to see my one-minute movie; of everything I’ve written about happiness, I think this video resonates most with people.)

日子很长,但年岁很短。(点击这里查看我的一分钟视频;所有关于幸福的书写,我认为这段视频能产生共鸣)

Fourth Splendid Truth

第四条

You’re not happy unless you think you’re happy.

除非你认为你自己很快乐,否则你不会真正快乐起来。

[Many argue the opposite case. John Stuart Mill, for example, wrote, “Ask yourself whether you are happy, and you cease to be so.” I disagree.]

许多人都争论相反的事实,举个例子来说,约翰 斯图尔特写到说:“当你询问你自己是否快乐的时候,你就已经不快乐了。”我不同意这个说法。

Fifth Splendid Truth

第五条

I can build a happy life only on the foundation of my own nature.

只有基于自己本性的基础上,才能创造快乐的人生。

Sixth Splendid Truth

第六条

The only person I can change is myself.

唯一能改变的人就是我自己

Seventh Splendid Truth

第七条

Happy people make people happy, but

快乐的人总是能让别人感到快乐,

I can’t make someone be happy, and

但我没有办法让别人感到快乐,

No one else can make me happy.

也没有人能让我感到快乐。

Eighth Splendid Truth

第八条

Now is now.

当下就是现在

What did I miss?

我迷失了什么?

In your experiences, what Splendid Truth might be missing from the list?

在你的人生阅历中,你迷失了哪一条真理呢?

Now I’m trying to come up with my personal eight auspicious symbols for happiness. Let’s see — bluebird, ruby slippers, dice, blood, bird house, treasure box, roses… Hmmm. I will have to keep thinking about that.

现在我要提出我个人的8个幸福象征啦。让我看一下;蓝鸟,红宝石颜色的拖鞋,血液,鸟笼,珍宝盒,玫瑰...嗯,我还得继续想像。

I enjoyed cruising around The Cool Hunter—”roaming the USA and the globe, so you’re in the know”—to look at all the cool things there.

我很享受在清凉猎物号上巡航:“漫步在美国和全世界的过程里,你会知道很多事情”,你可以在这里经历所有有趣的事情。

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多