分享

韦博国际英语

 silence1126 2012-05-21

开讲话题:抱怨相亲
精选新词:like a nightmare 一场噩梦

C: Hey Nick, didn't Danielle set you up with her friend?
嗨,尼克,丹妮尔没有让你和她的朋友见面吗?

L: Yeah, but I hate blind dates because they usually turn out bad.
有啊,可我不喜欢相亲,通常结果都很糟糕。

C: Well, what happen? Did you go out with her?
哇,情况如何?你和她出去玩了吗?

L: Yeah, we went out last night. She was a real looker but I don’t think she was into me.
是的,我们昨天晚上约会了。她很漂亮,不过,我觉得她对我不感兴趣。

C: Well, did you at least score a second date?
好吧,那你们定好了下次约会的时间了吗?

L: Okay, honestly I struck out!
其实,我失败了!

C: What? You crashed and burned! What happened to your great plan?
什么!你搞砸了!你的伟大计划实行得怎样啊?

L: I chose a great steak house, but she’s a vegan.
上次,我挑了一家烧烤店,结果呢,她是个素食主义者。

C: Oh man, that’s such bad luck.
天哪,运气真背!

L : Then we went to see a movie, but the tickets were all sold out;
然后我们去看电影,可是票卖完了。

C : That’s too bad.
真是糟糕透顶。

L:  And finally my car broke down while I was driving her home. We had to walk 2 miles to get back!
最后,我的车在回家的路上坏掉了。我们步行了两英里回去。


C: Oh my gosh, that sounds like a nightmare.
我的天,听起来像一场噩梦!

L: It was. 
就是噩梦!

C: Hey, my girlfriend has a friend. You interested in another blind date?
嘿,我的朋友有一个朋友。你还有兴趣再相一次亲吗?

L: No, thank you!
不用了,谢你了啊!!

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多