3gzylon / 英语学习 / Travel in Chinese

0 0

   

Travel in Chinese

2012-07-16  3gzylon

Travel in Chinese

Lesson 1

1)哪儿 Where
(例)你们住在哪儿?Where do you live?
(例) 你从哪儿来?Where do you come from?
(例) 哪儿卖火车票?Where do they sell train tickets?
2)给 preposition, as in "for" somebody
(例)妈妈给儿子收拾房间。The mother tidied the room for her son.
(例)他给我介绍了中国的交通情况。He told me all about the Chinese transportation.
3)应该 should do something or be some way
(例)如果他坐两点的火车,现在应该到了。
If he took the 2 o'clock train, he should have arrived by now.
(例)他是在中国长大的,应该看得懂中文。
He grew up in China, he should understand Chinese.
(例)已经是3月了,应该暖和了。
It's already March, it should be warm by now.
4)可以……can, possibly, maybe
(例)我可以用这个电话吗?
Can I use this telephone?

Lesson 2

1)是……的 a way of emphasizing something about an action, like the time, location or way something has been done.
(例)他是去年九月来的。Emphasizing time
He came last year in September.
(例) 他是来旅游的。Emphasizing purpose
He came for tourism.
(例)他们是坐船走的。Emphasizing method of transportation
He went by boat.
(例) 她是在家吃的早饭。Emphasizing where she had breakfast
She had breakfast at home.
2)可能 possible, maybe
(例)这么晚了他可能不会来了。
It's so late, maybe he wouldn't come after all.
(例)今天下午可能会下雪。
Maybe it will snow this afternoon.
3)再 indicates an action or state repeating or continuing
(例)请您再说一遍。
Could you say that again?
(例)我们再等一会儿吧。
Let’s wait a little bit longer.
4)赶快 quickly, hurry
(例)要下雨了,我们赶快走吧。
It's going to rain, let's go quickly.
(例)已经8点了,赶快起床吧。
It's already 8 o'clock, quick! Get out of bed!
Lesson 3

1)还有 also, in addition
(例) 他会说法语、英语,还有汉语。
He can speak French, English, and Chinese.
(例) 这种衣服的颜色很多,有红色、蓝色、还有黄色。
This clothing is very colorful, there is red, blue, and there is yellow.
2)一……就……,indicates that one event follows immediately after the other
(例)你一到北京就给我打个电话。
As soon as you arrive in Beijing, give me a call.
3)离 from
(例)这儿离我们家不太远。
It's not too far to our house from here.
(例)现在离飞机起飞还有十分钟。
From now to the time the plan takes off, there is about 10 minutes.
4)都 here is used for emphasis, like "even" in English
他说的话我一句都听不懂。
(例)I can't even understand one word of what he is saying.
你的朋友我一个都不认识。
(例)I don't even know one of your friends.
Lesson 4

1)往 towards, indicating a direction
(例)往 towards, indicating a direction (标题)
请一直往前走。
(例)Please keep going straight.
过了红绿灯,然后往左拐。
After you pass the traffic light, turn left.
2)一直 all along, to show an action has been continuous
(例)这几天,天气一直都很冷。
These few days, the weather has been cold all the way through.
(例)过了十字路口一直往南走。
After you pass the intersection, keep going south.
3)落 to lose or misplace something
(例)书包落在车上了。
The book bag was lost in the car.
(例)下车前,好好看看,别落东西。
When you get out of the car, take a good look around and don't forget anything.
4)记得 to remember
(例)你记得出租车的车号么?
Do you remember the car number of the taxi?
(例)我不记得他的电话号码了。
I don't remember his telephone number anymore.
Lesson 5

1)能 to be able to
(例)您能给我看一下儿您的护照吗?
Could you show me your passport for a moment?
(例)您现在不能换房间。
You can't change rooms now.
2)都 all
(例)这些都是我们的行李。
This luggage is all ours.
(例)我们都是从美国来的。
We are all from the Unites States.
3)左右 approximately
(例)一个双人间一天大概300块钱左右。
One double room per day is approximately 300 yuan.
(例)他大概50岁左右。
He is around 50 years old.
4)不过 but, indicating a change
(例)这个房间不错,不过小了一点儿。
This room is not bad, but it's a little small.
(例)北京的秋天天气很好,不过空气很干燥。
The weather in the autumn in Beijing is quite nice, but the air is a little bit dry.
Lesson 6

1)怎么样 a general question like "what do you think" or "what′s up"
(例)你觉得北京的天气怎么样?
What do you think about the weather in Beijing?
(例)六点了,一起去吃晚饭怎么样?
It's 6 o'clock why don't we go for dinner together?
2)别 don′t , better not
(例)今天天气不好,我们别出去了。
The weather is no good today, let's not go out.
(例)时间太晚了,别看电视了。
It's too late. Don't watch TV anymore.
3)收到 to receive
(例)我昨天收到了她的信。
I received her letter yesterday.
(例)我收到了我预订的机票。
I received the ticket that I've reserved.
Lesson 7

1)正好 indicates a convenient coincidence
(例)你要去邮局吗?正好帮我寄封信。
Are you going to the post office? What a coincidence! You can help me to mail a letter.
(例)今天我正好有时间,咱们一块去吧。
It's just so happened that I have time today. Let's go together.
2)怎么 How, used before a verb to make a question about how something is done
(例)请问,去故宫怎么走?
May I ask how toget to the Forbidden City?
(例)你知道怎么去动物园比较快?
Do you know how to get to the zoo fairly quickly?
3)应该 should
(例)去他家之前应该先给他打个电话。
Before we go to his house, we should give him a phone call.
(例)今天天气很冷,你应该多穿点儿衣服。
Today is really cold. You should wear more clothing.
4)那么 and 这么, both indicate more than expected
(例)没想到北京的夏天这么热。
I never expected the summer in Beijing is so hot.
(例)没想到上海的汽车那么多。
I never knew that there are so many cars in Shanghai.
Lesson 8

1)得 with a verb or adjective, to show the extent of an action or state
(例)他汉语说得很好。
He speaks Chinese very well.
(例)雨下得很大。
It's raining very heavily.
2)也 also, showing two similar things
(例)她会说英语,也会说日语。
She speaks English and can also speak Japanese.
(例)我去过上海,也去过北京。
I've been to Shanghai and I've been to Beijing.
3)适合 be suitable
(例)绿茶适合夏天喝。
Green tea is more suitable for drinking in the summer.
(例)这件衣服的颜色不适合你。
The color of this clothing is not suitable for you.
4)更 even more
(例)下了一夜雨,天气更冷了。
It rained all night. The weather is even colder now.
(例)他比我更了解中国文化。
He knows a lot more about Chinese culture than I do.
Lesson 9

1)只能 This is the only choice.
(例)我的钱不够,只能买最便宜的票。
I don't have enough money. I can only buy the cheapest ticket.
(例)今天下雨,我们只能一直呆在饭店里不能出去。
It's raining today. We have to stay in the hotel. We can't go out.
(例)今天的时间不多了,我们只能去一个地方旅游。
We don't have much time today. We can only go to on place.
2)尽量 as best we can, the best of our abilities, as much as possible
(例)明天的会很重要,请大家尽量参加。
Tomorrow's meeting is really important. Everyone make sure that you can attend.
(例)出去旅行要尽量少带点行李。
When we are traveling, we should take as little luggage as possible.
(例)我会尽量早点回来。
I'll come back as soon as I can.
3)把握 confidence ,sureness
(例)能不能爬到山顶,我没有把握。
I'm not sure that I would be able to climb to the top of the mountain.
(例)我们没有把握订到明天的火车票。
We are not sure that we would be able to reserve the train tickets for tomorrow.
(例)能不能找到您要的那张画,我们没有把握。
We are not sure that we can find the painting you are looking for.
4)就 sth. will happen soon
(例)去南方旅行的同学明天就出发。
The student who are going south are leaving tomorrow.
(例)我去上海,三天就回来。
I'm going to Shanghai, but I'll come back in 3 days.
(例)有消息我们马上就通知您。
As soon as we have some news, we'll let you know.
Lesson 10

1)而且 furthermore
(例)这里离市中心比较远,而且交通也不方便。
It's relatively far from here to the downtown area, and what's more, the transportation isn't very convenient.
(例)他会开车,而且还会自己修车。
Not only can he drive a car, he also knows how to fix cars.
(例)她会跳舞,而且歌也唱得不错。
She can dance, and she also sings well.
2)派send or designate somebody
(例)他是公司派来的。
He was sent by his company.
(例)我们会很快派人来和您联系。
We will send someone to contact you very quickly.
(例)别着急,我们会派专家去把电脑修好。
Don’t worry, we will send experts to mend the computer.
Lesson 11

1)完全 completely
(例)我完全同意你的看法。
I absolutely agree with your viewpoint.
(例)这句话我完全不懂。
I don't understand that sentence at all.
2)什么的 and so on
(例)他对中国文化感兴趣,喜欢中国书法、中国画什么的。
He is interested in Chinese culture. He likes Chinese calligraphy,
Chinese painting and so on.
(例)我们去过中国很多的城市,像北京、上海、广州什么的。
We've been to many cities in China before, like Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and so on.
3)以为 mistakenly believe something
(例)他汉语说得很好,我们都以为他是中国人呢。
His Chinese is really good. We all thought he was Chinese.
(例)我以为今天会下雨,所以带了雨伞。
I thought it was going to rain today, so I brought an umbrella.
Lesson 12

1)据说 according to
(例)据说去上海的机票很便宜。
I hear that the plane tickets to Shanghai are really cheap.
(例)据说他会说好几门外语。
I hear that he can speak many foreign languages.
2)超过 in excess of
(例)为了保护眼睛每天看电视不能超过1个小时。
To protect your eyes, you shouldn't watch TV more an hour a day.
(例)今年来中国旅游的外国游客的人数已经超过了去年。
The number of foreign tourists visiting China this year has already exceeded the number last year.
3)会something will happen
(例)我已经给他打电话了,他今天会来的。
I've already phoned him. He will come today.
(例)这件事他怎么会知道的?
How could he possibly know about this thing?
4)直接directly
(例)你以后有事可以直接跟我们联系。
In future, you can contact us directly.
(例)这次我们直接从上海去杭州,就不回北京了。
This time we are going to go directly to Shanghai from Hangzhou. We are not going back to Beijing.
5)终于 something has finally happened
(例)我们终于爬上了长城。
We finally have climbed the Great Wall.
(例)我们终于到了北京。
We've finally come to Beijing.
Lesson 13

1)其他 another person or a thing or an animal
(例)你还有其他的问题吗?
Do you have any other questions?
(例)这些衣服还有其他的颜色吗?
Does this clothing come in any other colors?
2)劳驾 excuse me
(例)劳驾,请问现在几点了?
Excuse me, can you please tell me what time it is?
(例)劳驾,请问故宫怎么走?
Excuse me, can you please tell me how to get to the Forbidden City?
3)什么都 whatever
(例)那里的东西什么都很贵。
The things there are all expensive.
(例)我什么都不想买。
I don't want to buy anything.
Lesson 14

1)到底 really, after all
(例)我们到底几点去故宫?
What time are we going to the Forbidden City after all?
(例)我们的票到底订到了没有?
Were our tickets reserved after all?
2)光顾着only pay attention to one thing
(例)他光顾着看电视了,忘了出发的时间。
He was only paying attention to watching TV and forgot the departure time.
(例)他在机场光顾着买东西了,没赶上飞机.
He was only paying attention to buying things when he was at the airport and he missed his plane.
Lesson 15

1)受不了 can’t handle or can’t bear something
(例)坐24个小时的火车,小孩子可受不了。
Little children can't bear taking a train for 24 hours.
(例)我受不了这么冷的天气。
I can't bear such cold weather.
2)趁(着)take advantage of an opportunity
(例)他趁我不注意,把我的包拿走了。
He took advantage of when I wasn't looking to take my bag away.
(例)趁着在中国旅游的机会,他认识了很多中国朋友。
He took advantage of his travels in China to meet many Chinese friends.
3)省得 to avoid something
(例)到家后给我打个电话,省得我担心。
When you get home, give me a phone call; otherwise I'll be worried.
(例)你应该提前订票,省得到时候着急。
You should reserve a ticket in advance; otherwise you'll be anxious when the time comes.

 

Lesson 16

1)据 according to
(例)据我所知,她没来过中国。
As far as I know, she's never been to China before.
(例)据统计,学习中文的外国人越来越多。
According to statistics, the number of foreigners studying Chinese is increasing all the time.
2)反正 anyway, regardless
(例)不管他怎么说,反正我不相信他的话。
It doesn't matter what he ways; regardless, I don't believe a word he ways.
(例)不管天气好不好,反正我今天哪儿也不去。
It doesn't matter what the weather is like; regardless, I'm not going anywhere today.
3)搞to be engaged in some activity
(例)他们都是搞艺术的大学生。
They are all university students that are involved in the arts.
(例)你搞到音乐会的票了吗?
Did you get the tickets to the concert?
4)过瘾 satisfying
(例)四川火锅特别好吃,大家吃得很过瘾。Sichuan-style hotpot is really tasty; everyone is really satisfying with having Sichuan hotpot.
(例)时间太短了,大家都觉得玩得不过瘾。
The tim was too short; nobody would satisfy that they had enough fun.
5)拿手 special skill
(例)你的拿手菜是什么?
What dish are you best at?
(例)他唱歌很拿手。
He is really good at singing.

Lesson 17

1)怪不得 no wonder
(例)怪不得昨天他没去长城,原来他病了。
No wonder he didn't go to the Great Wall yesterday; he was sick after all.
(例)粥里放了糖,怪不得这么甜呢。
They put sugar in the porridge; no wonder it's so sweet.
2)倒 indicate something unexpected
(例)我倒是很想跟你一起去,就是没有时间。
I would really like to go with you. It's just that I don't have the time.
(例)这双鞋价钱倒是不贵,就是颜色不太好。
This pair of shoes really isn't expensive. It's just that the colour is not very nice.
3)显得 to appear
(例)下雨以后,树叶显得更绿了。
After it rains, the leaves look even greener.
(例)这件衣服让她显得很年轻。
This article of clothing makes her look very young.
Lesson 18

1)不见得 not necessarily
(例)贵的东西不见得都好。
Expensive things are not necessarily all good.
(例)他不见得有时间和我们一起去看电影。
He doesn't necessarily have time to go to the movies with us.
2)立马right away
(例)我一说他立马就明白了。
As soon as I spoke, he understood right away.
(例)接到妈妈的电话,他立马就回家了。
As soon as he received the phone call from his mother, he immediately went home.
Lesson 19
1)万一 just in case
(例)万一明天下雨,我们还去不去?
Would we still go tomorrow in the small chance that it rains?
(例)还是多带点衣服吧,万一天气突然变冷了呢?
You should still bring some more clothing, just in case the weather suddenly gets colder.
2)至于 to the extent of
(例)这个问题,你只要好好想想,不至于答不上来。
If you just thought carefully about this problem, you wouldn't be unable to answer.
(例)你不至于连北京都没听说过吧。
It couldn't be that you never head of Beijing.
3)既然since
(例)既然你不喜欢吃辣的,我们就别去吃四川菜了吧。
Since you don't like to eat spicy food, let's not go and have Sichuan food.
(例)既然你不舒服,我们就早点儿回去吧。
Since you're not feeling well, let's go back a little earlier.
Lesson 20

1)舍不得 to be unable to bring oneself to do something
(例)这件衣服我一直舍不得穿。
I've never been able to bring myself to wear this piece of clothing.
(例)他舍不得离开他的中国朋友。
He can't bear to leave his Chinese friends.
2)随着following
(例)随着互联网的发展,人们之间的联系更方便了。
Following the development of the Internet, it's much more convenient now for people to contact each other.
(例)随着收入的增长,买汽车的人也越来越多。
As people's income increases, more and more people are buying cars.
3)随着following
(例)随着互联网的发展,人们之间的联系更方便了。
Following the development of the Internet, it's much more convenient now for people to contact each other.
(例)随着收入的增长,买汽车的人也越来越多。
As people's income increases, more and more people are buying cars.
Lesson 21

1)本来originally or in the first place
(例)他本来就很喜欢中国,现在更喜欢了。
He's always liked China. He's liked China from the beginning. Now he liked it even more.
(例)这条路本来很窄,是后来才加宽的。
This road used to be very narrow. It was widened later on.
2)不愧the reputation is well deserved
(例)长城不愧为世界闻名的文化遗产。
The Great Wall deserves its reputation as a famous world culture heritage site.
(例)他不愧是20世纪最著名的科学家。
He deserves his reputation as the most famous scientist of the 20th century.
3)竟然 unexpectedly
(例)没想到竟然在这儿碰到他。
I didn't expect to meet him here.
(例)他竟然连这个问题的答案都不知道。
He doesn't even know the answer to this question.
4)干脆 simply
(例)那位导游非常干脆地回答了所有的问题。
That tour guide answered all of the questions very simply and straightforward.
(例)这个问题处理得很干脆。
This problem has been solved in a very straightforward manner.
Lesson 22

1)明明 something is clearly different
(例)你明明知道下午有事,为什么还出去?
You obviously knew that there was something happening this afternoon. Why did you go out?
(例)他明明去过那儿,却说他根本没去过。
He's obviously been there before, but he said he'd never been there before.
2)好 in order that
(例)带上雨衣吧,下雨好用。
Bring a raincoat in case it rains.
(例)你留个电话,有事好互相联系。
Leave me a phone number so that we can contact each other when we need to.
3)难免 hard to avoid
(例)朋友之间,看法难免有时会不一致。
Even between friends, it's hard to avoid sometimes having different points of view.
(例)你刚开始学习汉语,这样的错误是难免的。
You've just started learning Chinese. This kind of mistake is hard to avoid.
Lesson 23

1)免得 to avoid something
(例)带上一张地图吧,免得迷路。
You should bring a map so that you don't get lost.
(例)你最好给家里打个电话,免得妈妈担心。
It would be best for you to call home, so that mother doesn't become anxious.
2)多亏 fortunately
(例)多亏我们提前订好了酒店,要不然连住的地方都没有。
Fortunately, we reserved a hotel in advance. Otherwise, we wouldn't even have a place to stay.
(例)多亏我穿了件毛衣,否则这次一定会感冒的。
Fortunately, I wore a sweater. Otherwise I surely would have caught a cold this time.
Lesson 24

1)正好 a convenient coincidence
(例)我正好也要去那儿,明天咱们一起走吧。
It just happens that I'm going there as well. Let's go together tomorrow.
(例)这件衣服我穿着正好合适。
When I wear this article of clothing, it's just right.
2)恐怕 an estimate
(例)我恐怕星期天不能去你家了。
I'm afraid I can't go to your house on Sunday.
(例)他恐怕走了有二十天了。
I think he's been gone roughly twenty days.
3)恨不得 anxiously hoping for something
(例)他恨不得能去每一个国家旅游。
He really hopes to travel to every country.
(例)他恨不得一天就学完所有的课文。
He's so anxious. He wants to study all of the lessons in one day.
Lesson 25

1)只是 only, just
(例)我只是随便看看,不打算买什么。
I'm just looking around. I don't plan on buying anything.
(例)他一句话也不说,只是静静地坐在那儿。
He didn't say anything. He just sat there quietly.
2)热衷 to be devoted to something
(例)他十分热衷于滑冰。
He's really devoted to skating.
(例)他一直热衷于收集各国的邮票。
He's always loved collecting stamps from different countries.
3)难得 a rare occurrence
(例)这次来中国工作是一个难得的机会。
This is a rare opportunity to come to China and work.
(例)你难得到北京来,就多住几天吧。
It's a rare opportunity for you to come to Beijing. Why don't you stay an extra few days?
4)肯定 surely
(例)你肯定没来过这个地方。
You surely have never been here before.
(例)这肯定是中国最漂亮的城市。
This must be the most beautiful city in China.
Lesson 26

1)好在 fortunately
(例)我昨天丢了钱包,好在后来警察帮我找到了。
Yesterday, I lost my wallet. Fortunately, a police officer helped me find it later on.
(例)好在路不算远,明天我再来一趟。
Fortunately, it's not very far away. I'll come again tomorrow.
2)让 allow, let
(例)是她让我来找你的。
She was the one who asked me to come and look for you.
(例)门口的服务员不让我进去。
The salesperson at the door won't let me in.
3)实在 really
(例)下过雨以后,这里的路实在太难走了。
After it rains, the roads here are really too difficult to travel.
(例)这里的东西实在是太便宜了。
The things here are really far too cheap.
Lesson 27

1)浑身 whole body
(例)打了两个小时的乒乓球,她浑身是汗。
She played ping-pang for two hours and was sweaty all over.
(例)他没带雨伞,浑身都被淋湿了。
He didn't bring an umbrella and he was wet from head to toe.
2)偏 intentionally against something, often with 要,不
(例)让他别去那儿玩,他偏要去。
I don't allow him to play there, but he wants to go anyway.
(例)你想知道这件事,我偏不告诉你。
You want to know about this? Well, I'm not going to tell you anyway.
3)的确,确实 really, indeed
例)四川菜的确很辣。
Sichuan food really is quite hot.
例)逛庙会的确很有意思。
It ’s really interesting to go to a temple fair.
4)根本 simply, fundamentally
例)今年冬天根本就不冷。
It’s not cold at all this winter.
例)他做的菜根本就不好吃。
His cooking is really bad.
so good
Lesson 28

1)至少 at least
例)从这儿打车去机场,至少要80块钱。
To take a taxi from here to the airport, it needs at least 80 RMB.
例)他看上去至少有50多岁了。
It seems that he's at least 50 years old.
2)刚才 just now, just then
例)你刚才说什么来着,我没听清楚。
What did you say just now? I didn't hear clearly.
例)这件事儿你为什么刚才不说,现在才说?
Why didn't you mention this thing before? Why are you only saying it now?
3)了不起 extraordinary, amazing
例)他那么小就会说两门外语,了不起!
He's so small, yet he already speaks two foreign languages. It's really amazing.
例)2000年前就能修长城,这是一件很了不起的事情!
To build the Great Wall 2000 years ago is an amazing achievement.

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击这里 或 拨打24小时举报电话:4000070609 与我们联系。

    猜你喜欢

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章
    喜欢该文的人也喜欢 更多