纪伯伦《先知》
时间:2012-09-24 13:47来源: 作者:纪伯伦 点击:421次
Your children are not your children.
你们的孩子并不是你们的孩子。
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
他们是生命本身的那种渴望的儿女。
They come through you but not from you,
他们经由你们而来,但并非来自你们,
And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.
他们和你们同在,却并不属于你们。
You may give them your love but not your thoughts.
你们可以给他们爱,却给不了你们的思想,
For they have their own thoughts.
因为他们有他们自己的思想。
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
你们可以容纳他们的身体,却不能容纳他们的灵魂。
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
因为他们的灵魂栖居在明日的住宅,你们即使在梦中也无法造访。
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
你们可以努力和他们相似,但不要让他们和你们相仿。
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
因为生活并不倒退,也不与昨日一起逗留。
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
你们是弓,你们的孩子就仿佛是你们发出的生命之箭。
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
那射手看到了永恒道路上的目标,用神力将你们拉满,让他的箭飞得又快又远。
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
你们在射手手中弯曲时要充满喜悦;
For even as he loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.
因为他爱那飞出的箭,也同样爱那静止的弓。
|