分享

#短片#一个父亲的婚礼祝词

 wyk1014 2015-01-18

父亲嫁女儿的心情,应该是这样的:自己亲手抚养长大成人亭亭玉立的大姑娘,要看着把手亲手交到其他男人手里,她被另一个男人带走,会有自己的家庭,离你越来越远。


这是作为父亲的必经之路,哪怕你担心她的丈夫不够格给她一个未来。她选择了自己想要的生活,你只能把手交出,愿她过得更好,不受一点委屈,让他替你照顾好她的下半辈子。


来自YouTube的一个婚礼视频:



Philip,I want to tell you a story。

Philip,我想给你讲个故事。


And like all good stories it starts like this ……

像所有好故事一样,它也是这么开头的


Once upon a time,there was a father and in case you can’t figure that out,that’s me.

从前有个爹,以防你搞不清楚,那个爹就是我


This father has a wonderful litter boy. He was very happy.

这个爹有一个很棒的小男孩,他很幸福


Then one day, he found out his wife was going to have another baby.

有一天,他发现妻子又将有另一个宝宝


So I prayed, “Lord if it’s your will……make her a little girl.” And he did.

所以我祈祷:上帝,如果这是您的旨意,就让宝宝是个小女孩吧。上帝照办了


I was the first person to hold her in my arms.

我是第一个将她拥入怀中的人


And I looked at her and said,Lord make her like her mother. And He did.

我看着她,说道:上帝啊,就让她像她妈妈一样吧!上帝照办了


She was loving and giving and so good and so kind.

她有爱心,乐善好施


But that I realized I was getting left out.

但我发现我把自己给漏掉了


So I said, “Lord, make her like me.” And He did.

所以我又说:上帝啊,让她像我吧。上帝照办了


She could drive a truck and tractor. She could load hay and chew tobacco.

她能开卡车,能驾驶拖拉机,能搬干草能嚼大烟


Do you realize what you’re getting?

你知道你即将得到的是什么宝了吧?


But at the same time, she was opinionated. Emotional and hard-headed.

但同时,她又固执,情绪化而且强硬


So I said, Lord that’s enough of that! Make her like YOU. And He did.

于是我说:上帝,够了够了,让她像你吧!上帝照办了


He gave her the desire to serve people. She loves people.

他给了她服务人类的渴望,她爱所有人


She gave her life to being a nurse. She is brought people back from the death.

她把一生都奉献给了护士这个职业。把人从鬼门关上拉回来


And she’s held the hand of people who have breathed their last breath.

也握住那些咽下最后一口气的人们的手


He gave he a heart for missions and she’s trekked all over the world.

上帝给了她一颗传道的心,她跋山涉水足迹遍及世界


Pushed canoes up swollen rivers. Laid on the floors as bullets whizzed outside.

她推着独木舟迎着暴涨的河流而上,也曾在子弹呼啸下俯卧在地


So she could tell people about Jesus.

如此,才能传播上帝的福音


But still something was missing, So I said:“Lord, make her happy.”

但是,我还是觉得少了点什么。所以我说:上帝啊,让她幸福吧!


And she met you.

然后她遇见了你


You see that look on her face?I never saw that, until she met you.

你看到她脸上的表情了吗?我从没见过那样的表情,直到她遇见你


And I’m grateful for that.

我由衷地心怀感激


Today I’m giving you the best thing I have to give.

今天,我要将自己最好的东西交给你


And I just wanted you to know before I do that……

在交给你之前,我只想让你知道


How hard me and God has worked to get her ready,

上帝跟我是有多不容易才将她准备好


So Philip, as I give her to you, I don’t think you’ll mind if I give you more word of advice.

所以,Philip,当我把她交给你的时候,我觉得你应该不会介意我多说一句忠告


Me and God’s worked hard……

上帝跟我不容易


Don’t Screw it up.

你别给我整砸了


来源/ 英国时报

(估计大部分爹都会这么说:大家吃好喝好啊!——)

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多