分享

2015.12.4

 偶的box 2015-12-04

1. 你提早下班到家,发现室友在客厅。他平常都回的比你晚。于是你问他今天是不是一直呆在家:

Did you go in to work today?
你今天上班了吗?

2. 用短语go in表达某人“去上班”之意:

What time are you going in today?
你今天几点上班?

3. 但只有当你不在办公室的时候你才用go in。当你已经在办公室工作了,你需要用come in或get in:

She got in at 7 o'clock this morning.
她今天上午7点来上班的。

You can come in a little later if you want.
如果你想的话,你也可以晚点儿来上班。

4. 当然,你也可以用go to work:

She goes to work by subway every day.
她每天乘地铁上班。

需要指出的是,go to work与go in to work意思略有不同,前者指任何类型的工作、任务、活儿,可以在家完成,也可以去任何其他地方完成。而go in to work专指上班。试比较以下两例:

Ok, ladies, the fashion show starts in 10 minutes. Let's put on our dresses and go to work.
好了,姑娘们,时装秀10分钟后开始。大家穿上服装准备入场吧。

I had to go in to work on my day off.
休息日我还得去上班。


1. The smog is severe!
雾霾太严重了!

2. When the pollution gets really serious, I can't even see the buildings next to me.
雾霾太严重了,附近的建筑都看不清了。

3. I'm very concerned about my son's health. If the air pollution stays like this, he won't ever be able to leave the house.
我很担心我儿子的健康。如果空气质量一直这么差的话,他就不能去外面玩。

4. You've got to drink a lot of fluids.
你应该多喝水。

5. Strong cold air is in the forecast to blow away the smog.
天气预报说有强冷空气要来吹散雾霾了。

6. The weather forecast warned of winds of up to 60-miles-an-hour tomorrow. 
天气预报说明天有时速高达60英里的大风。

其他相关天气表达:

1. It hasn't rained a drop for months!
好几个月没下雨了!

2. The heat is unbearable!
太热了!

3. It's raining cats and dogs today.
今天下了好大的雨。

4. The drought conditions are severe!
天气太旱了!


1. I got fired.
我被炒鱿鱼了。

2. I got the boot.
我被开除了。

3. I got the ax.
我被开除了。

4. I got sacked./I got the sack.
我被开除了。

5. They kicked me out.
他们把我踢出来了。(他们把我开除了。)

6. My boss showed me the door yesterday.
老板昨天叫我滚蛋。

7. I was canceled.
我被开除了。

8. I was laid off.
我被解雇了。

9. The boss told me that I don't have to come in tomorrow, or any other day.
老板告诉我说,我明天或以后都不必来公司了。

10. My boss told me to find a "better" job.
我老板叫我“另谋高就”。


中国道路
Chinese path

【例】实现中国梦必须走中国道路。这就是中国特色社会主义道路。
To realize the Chinese Dream, we must follow a Chinese path – the path of socialism with Chinese characteristics.

中国精神
Chinese spirit

【例】实现中国梦必须弘扬中国精神。这就是以爱国主义为核心的民族精神,以改革创新为核心的时代精神。
To realize the Chinese Dream, we must foster the Chinese spirit – a fusion of the spirit of the Chinese people, central to which is patriotism, and the spirit of our era, central to which are reform and innovation.

中国力量
Chinese strength

【例】实现中国梦必须凝聚中国力量。这就是中国各族人民大团结的力量。
To realize the Chinese Dream, we must bring together Chinese strength – the strength produced by all Chinese people coming together in unity.

中国方案
Chinese approach

【例】我们将更多提出中国方案、贡献中国智慧,为国际社会提供更多公共产品。
We will propose more Chinese approaches, share more Chinese knowledge, and offer more public goods to the international community.

和平发展道路
path of peaceful development

【例】中国走和平发展道路,其他国家也都要走和平发展道路,只有各国都走和平发展道路,各国才能共同发展,国与国才能和平相处。
China is taking the path of peaceful development, as should other countries. Only if everyone takes this path can all countries develop together and live in peace.

互利共赢的开放战略
mutually beneficial opening up strategy

【例】中国将始终不渝奉行互利共赢的开放战略,通过深化合作促进世界经济强劲、可持续、平衡增长。
China will remain firmly committed to a mutually beneficial opening up strategy, and through deeper cooperation, promote the robust, sustainable, and balanced growth of the world economy.

世界人民的梦想
dreams of all peoples

【例】中国梦既是中国人民追求幸福的梦,也同世界人民的梦想息息相通。
The Chinese Dream is the Chinese people’s dream of happiness and is closely connected with the dreams of all peoples.

命运共同体
community with a common future

【例】我们的事业是同世界各国合作共赢的事业。国际社会日益成为一个你中有我、我中有你的命运共同体。
Our cause is the cause of win-win cooperation with all countries. The world is increasingly becoming a community with a common future in which all countries are interdependent.

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多