情景1:寻找失物 A: Good morning, ma'am. 早上好,女士。
B: Good morning. I got in this morning and still haven't seen my suitcase. I wonder if anyone has seen it. 早上好。今天早上我到达之后一直没看见我的手提箱,不知是否有人看见了。
A: Please take a seat. What does your suitcase look like? 请坐!你的手提箱是什么样子的?
B: Well, it's a brown leather suitcase. 是一个棕色皮革的。
A: There are several brown leather ones here. Anything distinguishing on yours? 这里有几个棕色皮革的手提箱。你的手提箱有什么特征吗?
B: Ah, yes, it has my initials 'Y.S.' in caps written on the handle. 啊,对了,手柄上有我的名字的大写首字母'Y.S.'。
A: One second. Let me check. There is one with the letters 'Y.S.' on the handle. Can you tell me what's in the suitcase? 我去看一下,有一个手柄上有 'Y.S.'。 你能说一下手提箱里面有什么吗?
B: An iPad and two dresses. 一个平板电脑和两条裙子。
A: OK, here you are. 请拿好。
B: Thanks a lot. 太感谢了。 重点掌握: suitcase ['sutkes] n. [轻] 手提箱;衣箱 leather ['l?e?] n.皮革;皮革制品 adj. 皮的 handle ['h?ndl] n.把手;柄 情景2:孩子走失 A: May I help you? 您有什么事儿?
B: My daughter. I don't know where she is. I can't find her. 我的女儿, 我不知道她去哪儿了。我找不到她。 A: What does she look like? 她长什么样子?
B: She's 5. She has dark hair and brown eyes. 她5岁。她有一头黑发和一双棕眼睛。
A: What was she wearing? 她穿着什么?
B: She is in a yellow dress with red sneakers. 她穿着黄色连衣裙和红色运动鞋。
A: When did you last see her? 你最后一次看到她是什么时候?
B: I just saw her down the street. I don’t know where she is. I don’t know… 我在街边看到她,我不知道她在哪儿,不知道……
A: How long has it been? 离现在有多久了?
B: Um, it's been uh… fifteen minutes. 呃,有……15分钟了。
小读原著:《教父》 1. Don't hate your enemy, or you will make wrong judgment. 不要憎恨你的敌人,否则你将做出错误的判断。
2. Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man. 你经常跟家人呆在一起吗?不错。因为不经常与家人呆在一起的男人,永远也成不了真正的男人! 3. Everything I do with my power, including something criminal, I just want to protect my family and my friends. 我以我的力量所做的一切事情,包括一些罪恶,只是为了保护我的家人和我的朋友。
4. I will never do anything guilty. 我永远不会做让自己内疚的事情。
5. I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse. 我准备向他提出一个他不可能拒绝的条件。 重点掌握: enemy ['?n?mi] n.敌人,仇敌 judgment ['d??d?m?nt] n.判断 criminal ['kr?m?nl] adj.犯罪的;罪恶的 guilty ['ɡ?lti] adj.有罪的;内疚的 refuse [ri'fj?z] v.拒绝 刷新你认知的简介 90后美女学霸,当过安娜苏的翻译,采访过前美国总统克林顿、前以色列驻华大使马腾。 有书双语主播、美国风投机构投资经理,曾就职于美国Madrona、UW桥梁基金、奥美广告、CBRE。 华盛顿大学数学统计理学学士、音乐文学学士,华盛顿大学优秀导师。 |
|