分享

有道晨读|《老人与海》终篇

 张进仁 2017-12-12


'What did you catch?'

'你们捉到了什么?”

'One the first day. One the second and two the third.'

“头一天一条。第二天一条,第三天两条。”

'Very good.'

“好极了。”

'Now we fish together again.'

“现在我们又可以一起钓鱼了。”

'No. I am not lucky. I am not lucky anymore.'

“不。我运气不好。我再不会交好运了。”

'The hell with luck,' the boy said. 'I'll bring the luck with me.'

“去它的好运,”孩子说。'我会带来好运的。”

'What will your family say?'

“你家里人会怎么说呢?”

'I do not care. I caught two yesterday. But we will fish together now for I still have much to learn.'

“我不在乎。我昨天逮住了两条。不过我们现在要一起钓鱼,因为我还有好多东西需要学。”

'We must get a good killing lance and always have it on board.

“我们得弄一支能扎死鱼的好长矛,经常放在船上。

You can make the blade from a spring leaf from an old Ford.

你可以用一辆旧福特牌汽车上的钢板做矛头。

We can grind it in Guanabacoa. It should be sharp and not tempered so it will break. My knife broke.'

我们可以拿到瓜纳巴科亚去磨。应该把它磨得很锋利,不要回火锻造,免得它会断裂。我的刀子断了。”

'I'll get another knife and have the spring ground.'

“我去弄把刀子来,把钢板也磨磨快。

'How many days of heavy brisa have we?'

这大风要刮多少天?”

'Maybe three. Maybe more.'

“也许三天。也许还不止。”

'I will have everything in order,' the boy said. 'You get your hands well, old man.'

“我要把什么都安排好,”孩子说。'你把你的手养好,老大爷。”

'I know how to care for them. In the night I spat something strange and felt something in my chest was broken.'

“我知道怎样保养它们的。夜里,我吐出了一些奇怪的东西,感到胸膛里有什么东西碎了。”

'Get that well too,' the boy said. 'Lie down, old man, and I will bring you your clean shirt. And something to eat.'

“把这个也养养好,”孩子说。'躺下吧,老大爷,我去给你拿干净衬衫来。还带点吃的来。”

'Bring any of the papers of the time that I was gone,' the old man said.

“我不在这儿的时候的报纸,你也随便带一份来,'老人说。

'You must get well fast for there is much that I can learn and you can teach me everything. How much did you suffer?'

“你得赶快好起来,因为我还有好多东西要学,你可以把什么都教给我。你吃了多少苦?”

'Plenty,' the old man said.

“可不少啊,”老人说。

'I'll bring the food and the papers,' the boy said. 'Rest well, old man. I will bring stuff from the drugstore for your hands.'

“我去把吃的东西和报纸拿来,”孩子说。'好好休息吧,老大爷。我到药房去给你的手弄点药来。”

'Don't forget to tell Pedrico the head is his.'

“别忘了跟佩德里科说那鱼头给他了。”

'No. I will remember.'

“不会。我记得。”

As the boy went out the door and down the worn coral rock road he was crying again.

孩子出了门,顺着那磨损的珊瑚石路走去,他又在哭了。

That afternoon there was a party of tourists at the Terrace and looking down in the water among the empty beer cans and dead barracudas, a woman saw a great long white spine with a huge tail at the end that lifted and swung with the tide while the east wind blew a heavy steady sea outside the entrance to the harbour.

那天下午,露台饭店来了一群旅游者,有个女人朝下面的海水望去,看见在一些空气酒听和死梭子鱼之间,有一条又粗又长的白色脊骨,一端有条巨大的尾巴,当东风在港外不断地掀起大浪的时候,这尾巴随着潮水瓶落、摇摆。

'What's that?' she asked a waiter and pointed to the long backbone of the great fish that was now just garbage waiting to go out with the tide.

“那是什么?'她问一名侍者,指着那条大鱼的长长的脊骨,它如今仅仅是垃圾,只等潮水来把它带走了。

'Tiburon,' the waiter said. 'Eshark.' He was meaning to explain what had happened.

“Tiburon,'侍者说,'Eshark。'他打算解释这事情的经过。

'I didn't know sharks had such handsome, beautifully formed tails.'

“我不知道鲨鱼有这样漂亮的尾巴,形状这样美观。”

'I didn't either,' her male companion said.

“我也不知道,'她的男伴说。

Up the road, in his shack, the old man was sleeping again. He was still sleeping on his face and the boy was sitting by him watching him. The old man was dreaming about the lions.

在大路另一头老人的窝棚里,他又睡着了。他依旧脸朝下躺着,孩子坐在他身边,守着他。老人正梦见狮子。

背景音乐:写给海洋

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多