分享

VOA慢速英语15我将什么时候开始?

 zskyteacher 2019-04-16

VOA19 来自英语口语8000句 02:50

Anna: Hi there! Summer in Washington, D.C. is hot and sunny. I always ride the Metro to work. Riding the Metro is cool and fast. But today it's closed. So, I am walking to work.

安娜:哈喽你好!华盛顿的夏天晴空万里,有些热。我一般坐地铁去工作。地铁里不热,速度也快。但是今天的地铁停止营业了,所以我走路去工作。

(On the phone) Ms. Weaver, I am late this morning. The Metro is closed. So, I am walking to work.

(电话中)薇儿小姐,今天早上我将会迟到了,地铁关闭了,所以我走路去上班的。

Caty: That's too bad. It's really hot today.

凯特:那真是太糟糕了,今天真的很热。

Anna: Yes it is.

安娜:确实热。

Caty: When you arrive, please come to my office. I have important news to tell you.

凯特:当你到公司后来我办公室,我有重要的事告诉你。

Anna: Of course. Good-bye. My boss has news for me. The question is: Is it good news or bad news?

安娜:好的,再见。我的老板有事要告诉我,可问题是:那是好消息还是坏消息?

(At work)

(工作中)

Anna: Hello, Ms. Weaver.

安娜:你好,薇儿小姐。

Caty: Anna, I have good news and I have bad news. Which do you want to hear first?

凯特:安娜,我有好消息和坏消息,你想先听哪一个?

Anna: The good news. No ... okay, the bad news.

好消息。不... 好吧,坏消息。

Caty: The bad news is you are not good at reading the news.

坏消息是你不擅长阅读新闻。

Anna: Oh. I am very sorry to hear that.

噢,很抱歉。

Caty: So, starting next month you will not read the news.

所以,从下个月开始,你就不用读报纸了。

Anna: Next month is July. You are firing me in July.

下个月是七月份,七月份你将会解雇我。

Caty: No. I am not firing you in July ... or in August or in September. That is the good news.

不是的。我不是将在七月份解雇你.. 或是在八月或是九月。那是好消息。

Anna: Okay. You are not firing me. I am not reading the news. What will I be doing?

好吧,你不会解雇我,我将不会再阅读报纸了,那我将会做什么呢?

Caty: Well, you are good at asking questions. You are good at talking to people. You are good at showing your feelings. And you are great at being silly.

是这样的,你擅长问问题。你擅长与人们交流,你擅于表达自己的情感。你也非常擅长装傻。

Anna: Thank you, Ms. Weaver. But what does all that mean?

安娜:谢谢你,薇儿小姐。但是你的话是什么意思呢?

Caty: I have a new assignment for you! Your skills are perfect for a new show ... a children's show.

凯特:我有一个新任务给你,你的技能恰好在一个新的节目上能完美呈现...一个儿童节目。

Anna: A children's show ... That is awesome! When do I start?

安娜:儿童节目...太棒了!那我什么时候开始呢?

Caty: You start next month. Start thinking of ideas for the show.

凯特:下个月开始。你现在开始为这个节目想一些点子吧。

Anna: I have tons of ideas! I can show children what it's like in outer space ...

安娜:我有无数个点子!我能让孩子们知道外太空是什么样子的...

Caty: Great ...

凯特:太棒了...

Anna: ... or in the deep, dark ocean ...

安娜:...或是深海...

Caty: Those are great ideas, Anna. Please go think of more ... at your desk.

凯特:这些点子都很棒,安娜。请想想更多...在你的位置上。

Anna: Yes. What other things can I show them? Mt. Everest! Everyone has different skills. You have skills. I have skills. The important thing is to know what you are good at. Until next time!

安娜:好的。我还能向他们展示什么呢?珠穆朗玛峰!每个人都有自己的技能,你有特长,我有特长。重要的是要知道自己擅长什么。下次见!


    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约