分享

17句爱尔兰作家笔下最动人的句子

 兰亭文艺 2019-06-07

1. “The Critic as Artist” 作者:奥斯卡·王尔德

“Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”

是的,我是一个梦想家。所谓梦想家就是要在月光下探寻前路,忍受黎明来临之前的暗夜孤独。

2. “A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man” 作者:詹姆斯·乔伊斯

“He wanted to cry quietly but not for himself: for the words, so beautiful and sad, like music.”

他想要静静地哭泣,不是为了自己,而是为了那些美丽而忧伤、如音乐一般的文字。

3. “The Testament of Mary” 作者:科尔姆·托宾

“Dreams belong to each of us alone, just as pain does.”

梦想属于我们每个人自己,就像痛苦一样。

4. “Lantern Slides: Short Stories” 作者:埃德纳·奥布赖恩

“Love … is like nature, but in reverse; first it fruits, then it flowers, then it seems to wither, then it goes deep, deep down into its burrow, where no one sees it, where it is lost from sight, and ultimately people die with that secret buried inside their souls.”

爱情就像是大自然,但是反过来。她先结果,然后开花,最后好像枯萎了,掉落,落到她的洞穴里,没有人看到她,就在那儿没有了视线,然后最终人们死去,把秘密深深地埋在自己的灵魂里。

5. “He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven” 作者:威廉·巴特勒·叶芝

“But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams beneath your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.”

但我啊,身无分文只有梦想,我已经把它铺在了你的脚下,请你轻轻地走,因为你踩着的,是我的梦想。

6. “Stepping Stones: Interviews with Seamus Heaney” 作者:谢默斯·希尼

“If you have the words, there's always a chance that you'll find the way.”

只要你信守自己说过的话,就一定会有解决的方法。

7. “Let the Great World Spin” 作者:科拉姆·麦卡恩

“The thing about love is that we come alive in bodies not our own.”

爱情就是,我们活在不属于我们自己的身体里。

8. “Back to Methuselah” 作者:萧伯纳

“You use a glass mirror to see your face: you use works of art to see your soul.”

你在镜中看到自己的容貌,在艺术作品中见到自己的灵魂。

9. “Lady Windermere's Fan” 作者:奥斯卡·王尔德

“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”

我们都生活在阴沟里,但仍有人在仰望天空。

10. “Angela’s Ashes” 作者:弗兰克·麦考特

“It's lovely to know that the world can’t interfere with the inside of your head.”

知道外界不能干涉你的大脑,真是太棒了!

11. “Araby” 作者:詹姆斯·乔伊斯

“But my body was like a harp and her words and gestures were like fingers running upon the wires.”

我的身体就像竖琴,而她的一言一行宛如指尖,撩拨我的心弦。 

12. “Country Girl” 作者:埃德纳·奥布赖恩

“The words ran away with me.”

那些话语都离我远去。

13. “The Canterville Ghost” 作者:奥斯卡·王尔德

“Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.”

死亡想必很美妙吧。躺在柔软的褐色泥土之下,看头顶那片搖曳的翠綠,聆听寂静的声音。没有昨天,也没有明天。遗忘时间,原谅生活,这就是安宁。

14. “Worstward Ho” 作者:萨缪尔·贝克特

“Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.”

你努力了,失败了,没关系。你屡败屡战,每次失败都比上次更好。

15. “Let the Great World Spin” 作者:科拉姆·麦卡恩

“The world spins. We stumble on. It is enough.”

世界快速旋转, 我们踉跄前行, 这已足够了.

16. “When You are Old” 作者:威廉·巴特勒·叶芝

How many loved your moments of glad grace/And loved your beauty with love false or true/But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you/And loved the sorrows of your changing face.

多少人爱你青春欢畅的时辰,爱慕你的美丽,假意或真心。 只有一个人爱你那朝圣者的灵魂,爱你衰老了的脸上痛苦的皱纹。 

17. “The Light of Evening” 作者:埃德纳·奥布赖恩

“Later as the day cools and they have gone in, the cry of the corncrake will carry across those same fields and over the lake to the blue-hazed mountain, such a lonely evening sound to it, like the lonely evening sound of the mothers, saying it is not our fault that we weep so, it is nature’s fault that makes us first full, then empty.”

等到天亮了,他们都离去了,秧鸡的叫声横跨那些一模一样的田野,越过了湖水到达笼罩着蓝雾的山。这听起来像一个寂寞的夜晚,就像母亲所说的寂寞的夜晚,她说过我们哭泣不是我们的错,是上天的错,它让我们满载而来,然后又失去所有。

有的人写句子,是在用句子书写自己。有的人读句子,在句子里阅读自己。就像句子里所说的“这个世界飞速旋转,而我们踉跄前行”。这些句子打动了我,希望也能打动你。

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多