分享

超地道:出国实用口语27.0 | 一起去图书馆吧!

 情愫秋生 2019-10-11

超地道:出国实用口语27.0 | 一起去图书馆吧!

原创: 小译 讯飞随声译

在上期口语学习的留言中,有朋友向小译提出,想学习一些在图书馆会用到的英语口语。

不得不说,常去图书馆看书、借书真的是一个很好的生活和学习习惯呢!虽然现在总是有各种新奇的电子产品吸引着我们的注意,但小译始终觉得,沉浸在书本的世界里,才最能让人感到精神的充实与满足。

 

所以今天的口语学习,爱泡图书馆的你赶紧学起来吧!

图书馆常用口语表达来自讯飞随声译06:43

在图书馆常用单词及其表达

· library card    借书证

I'd like to apply for a library card.

我想申请一张借书证。

Where can I get a library card?

我在哪里能办借书证?

How can I get a library card?

怎样办借书证?

· deposit [dɪˈpɒzɪt]    押金;保证金

Is there a deposit for a library card?

借书证要押金吗?
 

· photocopier [ˈfəʊtəʊkɒpiə(r)]    复印机

Do you have a photocopier here?

你们这儿有复印机吗?
 
· periodical [ˌpɪəriˈɒdɪkl]    期刊;杂志

Where is the periodical room?

期刊室在哪儿?

· latest [ˈleɪtɪst]    最新的;最近的 

Have you got the latest Time magazine?

有最新一期的《时代周刊》杂志吗?

 

· biography [baɪˈɒgrəfi]    传记

Could you please tell me where to find the biographies?

能告诉我传记作品在哪吗?
 

· fiction [ˈfɪkʃn]    小说

Where is the fiction?

小说在哪儿?

好读书、读好书

· check out    办妥手续之后取出 

I'd like to check out these books.

我想借这些书。


Are these the books you're checking out?

这些是你要借的书吗?

 

· borrow [ˈbɒrəʊ]    借用

Can I borrow these magazines?

我能借这些杂志吗?


I'd like to borrow an English book.

我想借一本英语书。 


· due [dju:]    到期的

When are they due back?

这些书什么时候到期?


· reference [ˈrefrəns]    参考资料;参考书 

Can reference books be checked out?

参考书可以外借吗?
 

· renew [rɪˈnju:]    续借;更新

Can I renew the books without bringing them here?

我能办理续借吗?
 

I'd like to renew this book.

我要续借这本书。

 

I'd like to renew it for another week.

我想再续借一个星期。

 

· extension [ɪkˈstenʃn]    延长

Can I have a one-week extension?

我可以续借一周吗?
 

· return[rɪˈtɜ:n]    归还

I'd like to return these books.

我想还书。

 

· fine [faɪn]    罚款

How much is the fine?

我得付多少罚款?
 

· overdue [ˌəʊvəˈdju:]    过期的

It's ten days overdue. How much will I be fined?

过期十天,需要罚款多少钱?

好读书、读好书

在图书馆常用口语表达

1、借某一方面或某一领域的书,可以请工作人员帮你推荐:

Can you find me a book about the history of English language?

我可以借一本有关英语发展史的书吗?
 

Could you find me a book on computer science?

请你给我借一本有关计算机科学方面的书。
 

Could you recommend me a book to read?

您能给我推荐一本书吗?

2、不知道或者找不到需要借的书在什么位置,可以问工作人员:

Where are the math books located?

数学书在哪?

 

3、借书的时候最好问清楚需要归还的时间,以免错过还书时间被罚款:

How long can I keep it?

我能借多久?

 

4、到了还书时间但书没看完,可以申请续借一段时间:

I want to keep it for another week.

我想把这本书再续借一周。
 

5、如果想在图书馆看书,也要注意图书馆的闭馆时间:

What time does the library close today?

图书馆今天什么时候闭馆?

好读书、读好书

情景小剧场

Dialogue A 

(A 借书人    B 图书管理员)

A:Good morning, madam.

早上好,女士。
 

B:Morning. Can I help you?

早上好。我可以帮你吗?
 

A:Yes, I'd like to know how to borrow books.

是的,我想了解如何借书。
 

B:All you need is your identification card to check out books.

你要借书的话,需要用身份证来登记。
 

A:Yes. Here's my identification.

好的。这是我的身份证。
 

B:That's all you need.

这样就行了。
 

A:Thank you very much. By the way, how many books am I allowed to check out?

非常感谢你。顺便问一下,我可以借几本书?
 

B:You can check out two books at a time. But you can't check out newspapers, magazines and periodicals,they have to be read within library. 

你一次可以借两本书。但是报纸、杂志和期刊不外借,你只能在图书馆阅读。

 

A:How long can I keep the books?

这些书我可以借多久?
 

B:For two weeks. After that you must renew the books if you wish to keep them longer.

两个星期。如果你想借久一点,两个星期后你必须来续借。
 

A:I want to borrow a literary book. Could you show me where I can find it?

我想借一本文学书。可以告诉我哪里可以找到吗?
 

B:Yes, it’s over there on your left.

就在你的左边。

好读书、读好书

Dialogue B

(和朋友一起去图书馆)

 

A: Would you like to go to the library with me?

想一起去图书馆吗?

 

B: OK. Are we going to walk or drive?

我们是步行去还是开车?
 

A: The weather is really nice today. Let's walk.

今天天气真好,我们步行吧。
 

B: The weather is good now, but I think it's suppose to rain this afternoon.

现在天气是很好,但我觉得下午有雨。
 

A: Well, then let's take an umbrella. Is your brother coming with us?

那好,我们带把雨伞吧。你弟弟会和我们一起去吗?
 

B: No, he's still sleeping.

不,他还在睡觉呢。
 

A: Allright. How do we get to the library from here?

好吧。我们从这里怎么去图书馆呢?
 

B: It's straight down this road, next to the museum. It takes about 10 minutes.

一直沿着这条路走,在靠近博物馆的位置。大概十分钟就能到。

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多