风吟楼 / 课外英语 / ​视频 | Nature Is Speaking系列选(5-6)...

分享

   

​视频 | Nature Is Speaking系列选(5-6),学习英语好资源

2020-03-11  风吟楼

5 Water 水

I am water. To humans I am simply just there.

我是水。对于人类来说我司空见惯。

I'm something they just take for granted.

我对他们只是理所当然的东西。

But there is only so much of me. And more and more of them every single day.

但是我是非常有限的,而人类的数量却每天都在增长。

I start as rain in the mountains flow to the rivers and streams. And end up in the ocean.

我化身为雨水落入山中,流进小溪与河流并最终汇入海洋。

Then the cycle begins again.然后循环再次开始。

And it will take me 10,000 years to get back to the state I am in now.

要回到我现在的状态需要一万年。

But to humans? I'm just water. Just there.

然而对于人类来说,我只是水,理所当然就在那里。

Where will humans find me when there are billions more of them around?

如果人口再增加几十亿,人类还能找到我吗?

Where will they find themselves?

他们自己又将如何生存?

Will they wage wars over me?

他们会为了我而发动战争吗?

Like they do over everything else?

就像他们为了其他事而做的那样?

That's always an option. But it's not the only option.

那倒是一种选择,但并非唯一的选择。 

6 Redwood 红木

How come you're so smart?

你怎么这么聪明?

Kid, I've been around a really long time. As a matter of fact, our kind has been around longer than just about anything. I've seen just about everything.

小子,我已经活了很久很久。事实上,我们是这个世界上最古老的生物了。我已经什么都见识过了。

Really? Like what?

真的吗?比如什么?

Well, I've seen weather. All kinds of weather.

比如气候吧,各式各样的气候。

And lots of critters? 

还有许多动物吗?

Yeah. At first there were just some bugs and spiders, then some mice and rats, and some rabbits and bears, and skunks .Then, all of a sudden, there were humans. And all hell broke loose.

是啊。最早的时候就是些昆虫和蜘蛛,后来就有了老鼠,兔子,熊和臭鼬。再后来人类突然出现了。一切就乱了套。

Why? What did the humans do?

为什么?人类做了什么呢?

Well, they changed wolves into dogs, rivers into lakes, and us into wood. They started using the planet like it was put there just for them. Act like they've got an extra one laying around.

他们把狼驯化成了狗,让江河变成湖泊,把我们变成木材。他们把地球据为己有,就好像专门为他们准备的一样。就好像他们还有一个地球一样。

Why do they do that? Why don't they understand?

他们为什么这样做呢?他们不懂得后果吗?

I don't know. If they don't figure out that they're part of nature rather than just using nature, they probably won't be around to see you grow up.

我不知道。如果他们不懂得自己是大自然的一部分而是肆意利用自然,那么他们也许等不到你长大。


    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多
    喜欢该文的人也喜欢 更多

    ×
    ×

    ¥.00

    微信或支付宝扫码支付:

    开通即同意《个图VIP服务协议》

    全部>>