分享

就差一点点,“深圳美女学霸全英文抗疫演讲”就完美了。英语读头条(第634期)

 新用户02986T3F 2020-09-17

我很有幸能够看到刘洁的这篇演讲内容,她的演讲视频流露出的胸怀和气场深深震撼着我,每一句话都打动了作为中国人的我,也令我相当钦佩她的英文写作水平。

我相信一定有很多人也像我一样被她打动,这其中一定不乏众多英语学习者、或者英语爱好者。

作为一个资深英语爱好者、专业英语工作者,和一名英语老师,我希望用一句话来形容她的这篇演讲:Almost perfect,也就是几近完美,抑或可以理解为,就差那么一点点,就会更加完美,那就是刘洁的某些单词的英语发音。

为了能够帮助到更多的英语学习爱好者,更为了帮助自己的学生们,请允许我把听到的不足之处指出来,并在此做朗读示范。作为老师,我衷心希望中国有更多的优秀人才、可以以更国际化、更加完美的形象出现在世界的面前。

发音问题(听录音,可以听到我在以下内容上的英语发音):
1、英美音混在一起, chances,war,together,ever,dark,fighters
2、fear,fair
3、children
4、loved ones
5、sick
6、the only one

以下,是我为大家做的朗读。作为英语爱好者,我以能够读到刘洁的这篇超级鼓舞人心的演讲感到庆幸,也非常享受可以读到这么通透、言简意赅、却又深入人心的、绝好的演讲文字。


This is a war without smoke

这是一场没有硝烟的战争

And we are all fighters

而我们都是战士

To the fighters

敬所有的战士

By Jessica Liu

刘洁


We are facing a dark time right now.
我们正面临着黑暗时刻

Some of us are stuck at home.
我们中有人不得不禁足在家

Some are stuck far away from home.
有人不得不被迫滞留他乡

Some of us have lost their jobs and some have to shut down their businesses.
我们中有人失去了工作,有人不得不关停了赖以为生的生意,

Some of us are cutting down their expenses, and some can’t even pay their rent and bills.
我们中有人不得不节衣缩食有人甚至已经无力支付房租和账单

Some can’t go back to school, and some can’t go back to their jobs.
有人无法回到学校有人无法回到工作岗位

And some of us are still working day and night, no matter how exhausted they are, or how dangerous it is.
我们中有人必须日夜坚守,无论他们有多么疲惫,亦或面临多大的危险

Some of us have become infected, and they were isolated from their families, their loved ones, and have to be alone in the wards.
我们中有人不幸被感染,他们不得不离开家人和所爱之人,独自在病房面对恐惧

Or even worse, it is their children or parents or loved ones that are infected, and they don’t even have a chance to say goodbye.
更糟的是,被感染的是他们的孩子,父母,或者爱人,他们甚至都来不及当面道别

The virus is rampaging
病毒在大行肆虐

The numbers are increasing
感染人数在不断增加

The rumors are spreading
谣言四起

The fear is growing
恐惧弥漫

It seems all of a sudden, the whole country lost its vitality and prosperity
似乎整个国家都在一瞬间失去了往日的活力和繁华

You are not the only one who is worrying.
你不是一个人在担忧

You are not the only one who is fearing.
你不是一个人在恐惧

You are not the only one who is struggling.
你不是一个人在苦苦支撑

We are all facing a dark time right now.
我们都在面临一个黑暗时刻

Our country is facing a dark time right now.
整个国家都在面临一个黑暗时刻

This is a war, it’s a war without guns, bombs, or smoke.
这是一场战争,这是一场没有枪、没有炮、没有硝烟的战争

But it’s a war with virus, doubts, fears, rumors, and discriminations
但这是一场与病毒、怀疑、恐惧、谣言、和歧视的战争

But we shall all be the fighters, my dear fellows.
但我们都应该成为战士,我亲爱的同胞们

Not just the doctors, the nurses, the policemen, and scientists who should fight, all of us should be fighters in the war
不仅仅只有医生、护士、警察、和科学家应该战斗,我们都应该成为这场战争中的战士

We should fight against fear
我们应该和恐惧斗争

We should fight against uncertainty
我们应该和未知斗争

We should fight against doubts
我们应该和怀疑斗争

We should fight against selfishness
我们应该和自私斗争

We should fight against rumors
我们应该和谣言斗争

And we should fight against discriminations
我们应该和歧视斗争

This is going to be a fierce and cruel war 
这将会是一场激烈的、严酷的战争

But don’t be afraid
但是不要害怕

We are gonna win this war together in the end
我们终将取得这场战争的胜利

Our people may get sick
我们的人民可能会生病

Our city may get sick
我们的城市可能会生病

But we as a great nation, will never ever get sick
但是我们作为一个勇敢的民族,绝对不会被病毒打倒

Because we have the spirit, history, and determination to win
因为我们拥有必胜的精神、历史和决心!

We have been on the planet for over 5000 years
我们已经在地球上屹立了五千多年

We’ve witnessed much darker moments
我们见证过更加黑暗的时刻

We have been through much crueler trails no matter it’s war, invasion, starvation, poverty or natural disasters
我们经历过更加残酷的考验,无论是战争、侵略、饥饿、贫穷还是自然灾害

We’ve always survived
我们总是能幸存下来

We’ve always stood back up on our feet
我们总是能够重新站立起来

We’ve always won in the end
我们总是能够取得最后的胜利

And we will definitely win this time!
所以这一次,我们也将取得最后的胜利!

We don’t know how long this will take or what cost we have to pay, but there is one thing we are 100% sure. And that is:
我们不知道这场战争将持续多久,又或者我们将付出什么代价,但有一件事我们百分之百的确定,那就是:

We are going to win this war, in the end
我们终将赢得这场战争的胜利

Because that’s what we’ve been doing for the past 5000 years
因为在过去五千年的历史中我们就是如此

And that what makes us the great nation ever
正因如此,才成就了我们这个世上最伟大的民族

It is only by going through dark times that we can separate the greatest from the great
只有经历黑暗时刻,我们才能区分伟大和平庸

 In each dark time, we’ve always fought together
在每一个黑暗时刻,我们总是共同抗争

No matter how strong our enemy was, or how impossible it seemed to win
不论我们的人有多么强大,又或者赢得微乎其微

We just kept fighting, because we are all fighters
我们只会坚持战斗,因为我们都是战士

When all of this is over, we have another great and heroic story to tell our children, our grandchildren, and they will tell the next generations
当所有这一切结束的时候,我们又有了一个伟大的、英雄的故事可以将给我们的子孙听,而他们也就把这个故事告诉给他们的下一代

And that’s how, we will past the great spirit on and keep it alive forever!
我们会将这份伟大的精神代代相传,永存不朽!

Jessica Liu
刘洁

附上刘洁演讲录音
感谢刘洁,能够用这种方式与你交流,如有冒犯,还望得到海涵。希望英语能够成为更多国人与这个世界交流的工具,也希望这个世界能够听到更多中国人的声音,我愿为此作出更多努力。

科比过世三天后,其遗孀首次发声。英语读头条(第631期)
永别了,科比。英语读头条(第630期)
武汉封城。英语读头条(第627期)

👇

    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多