分享

要巧用连接副词,让写作游刃有余;可以用来添加额外信息的连接副词有哪些?

 外语行天下 2021-06-08
连词副词像连词一样把两个完整的思想连在一起。它们用第二个从句来修饰第一个从句,就像副词一样。连接副词可以跟在分号或句号之后,后面通常有逗号。

当需要连接一个动作的因果关系时,可以使用连接副词在因果关系之间过渡。在这个关系中,第一个句子是原因,连词副词过渡第二个句子表结果。以下是一些常见的可以用来表示因果关系的连词副词,意为“因此,所以,结果,那么”等。


一、accordingly

The weather forecast predicts rain; accordingly, I will bring my umbrella.
天气预报说要下雨;因此我会带上我的伞。

The cost of materials rose sharply last year. Accordingly, we were forced to increase our prices.
去年材料成本大幅度提高,因此我们被迫加价。


二、consequently

The thunder and lightning were intense; consequently, the crowd dispersed.
雷电交加;所以人群散去了。

All the stores were closed, and consequently we couldn't buy any food.
所有的商店都关门了,因此我们买不到任何食物。


三、hence

Brian didn’t study for the test; hence, he failed.
布莱恩没有为考试而学习;因此他不及格。

The trade imbalance is likely to rise again in 1990; hence, a new set of policy actions will be required soon.
贸易失衡可能会在1990年再次加剧。因此需要很快采取一系列新的政策行动。


四、then

We need to research forms of renewable energy; then, we can move on from fossil fuels.
我们需要研究可再生能源的形式;因此我们可以从化石燃料开始。

Take a nap now, and then you won't be so tired tonight.
现在小睡一会儿,那么你今晚就不会那么累了。


五、therefore/ergo

We had very different opinions; therefore, we went our separate ways.

我们有非常不同的意见;因此我们分道扬镳。

The children will be walking to the cathedral and therefore will need to wear suitable footwear and a sun hat or raincoat, depending on the weather.

孩子们将步行到大教堂,因此需要视天气而定穿合适的鞋和太阳帽或雨衣。

Neither side would have an incentive to start a war. Ergo, peace would reign.
双方都不会有开战的动机,所以将会是和平时期。


六、thus

Neither of them thought of turning on the lunch-time news. Thus Caroline didn't hear of John's death until Peter telephoned.
两个人谁也没有想到打开电视看午间新闻,所以直到彼得打来电话,卡罗琳才得知约翰的死讯。

We do not own the building. Thus, it would be impossible for us to make any major changes to it.
我们不是这栋楼房的房主,因此不能对它进行大改动。

    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多