分享

第68期:Small Talk III 闲聊III

 懒人英语晨读 2022-08-08 发布于上海

「晨读音频」


Hello English learners! Welcome back to our channel. Im Lily.

大家早上好,欢迎回到我们的频道,我是Lily。

As you know, we've had a series going about Small Talk in English, so today's lesson is a part of that series.

如你所知,我们正在进行一个small talk的系列节目,所以今天的课程是这个系列的一部分。

That's right. Today, we’re going to see how two friends who haven't seen each other for a long time quickly have a small conversation。

今天我们要听的是两个很久没有见面的朋友开展的一小段对话。

So let’s listen to the dialogue and then we’ll come back later and talk about some of the key language.

让我们来听一下对话,然后再来讨论里面的语言要点吧。

「对话文本」

A: Hey, michelle, is that you?
嘿,米歇尔,是你吗?
B: Wow. Grace, long time no see, where have you been?
哇~ Grace, 很长时间没见你了,你这段时间怎么样呀?
A: Oh, yeah. Well, you see, I got a promotion, so I moved to the new Pudong office last September.
哦,是的。嗯,你知道,我升职了,所以去年9月我搬到了浦东的新办公室。
B: You did? Congratulations.
真的吗?祝贺你!
A: Thanks a lot. So how are things with you? Michelle.
非常感谢。你最近怎么样,米歇尔。
B: Well, same old, same old. You know, nothing much has changed here.
嗯,老样子老样子。你知道的,这里没什么变化。
A: Are you still seeing Chris?
你还在和克里斯约会吗?
B: No, actually, we split up last month.
没有了,其实我们上个月分手了。
A: Oh, dear. I'm sorry to hear that.
哦,亲爱的,听到这个消息我很难过。
B: But I met a really cute guy last night of a networking party. So well, let's just wait and see.
但我昨晚在一个社交派对遇见了一个很可爱的家伙,那么,让我们拭目以待吧。
A: Good for you, Michelle.
真不错,米歇尔。

「重要发音技巧」

All right, we're back. Now lets look at some pronunciation tips in this dialogue.

好的,接下来让我们来看看对话中的发音要点。

1. I got a promotion, so I moved to the new Pudong office last September.

略读分析:

  • moved to 之间,moved的爆破音/d/遇见了to的爆破音/t/,/d/只有口型不发音。读为/muːv(d)/+/tuː/

  • last September 之间,last的爆破音/t/遇见了September的辅音/s/, /t/只有口型和非常轻微的发音。读为/læs(t)/+/sepˈtembər/

复述:

I got a promotion, so I moved to the new Pudong office last September.

2. But I'm in a really cute guy last night of a networking party.

连读分析

  • But I'm in a 之间有三次连读,读为/bʌt/+ /aɪm/ +/ɪn/+/ə/

  • night of a 之间有两次连读,读为/naɪt/+/ʌv/ + /ə/

略读分析

  • cute guy之间,cute的/t/遇见guy的/g/,/t/只有口型不发音,读为/kjuː(t)/+/ɡaɪ/

复述:

But I'm in a really cute guy last night of a networking party.

「核心单词掌握」

Aright, lets take a look at the vocabulary in language takeaway.

好的,让我们来看看语言要点中的词汇。

So the 1st word we have here today is “promotion”.

我们今天的第一个单词是“promotion”。

1. promotion /prəˈmoʊʃn/ 提拔,晋升

Grace says, “Well, you see, I got a promotion, so I moved to the new Pudong office.”

Grace说“I got a promotion,所以我搬到了浦东的新办公室。”

So got a promotion means that you got a better position.

所以 got a promotion 的意思是你得到了一个更好的职位。

例如:

I heard you got a promotion. Congratulations.

听说你升职了,祝贺你。

I've got a promotion based on my excellent work.

我因为工作出色而升了职。

Now lets move on to the next word.

现在我们来看下一个单词。

2. networking /ˈnetwɜːrkɪŋ/ n. 人际关系网  v. 社交;建立工作关系

Micheal said she had some good news, because she met a really cute guy at a networking party.

Micheal说她有个好消息,因为她在一个networking party上遇到了一个很可爱的男士。

All right, so networking is something that you probably need to do, especially in the business world.

所以networking就是尤其是在商业世界里,你也许会要做的事情。

You go to events, parties, and you meet strangers. You talk about work, and try to meet as many people as you can.

你去参加活动、派对,遇到一些陌生人。谈论一些工作, 尝试认识尽可能多的人。

So it's not really a social party to actually just go and meet random people.

所以这并不是一个随意认识一些人的社交派对。

You're trying to meet people that will be interested in your business, or maybe to get some other ideas.

而是你正在努力结识对你的生意感兴趣的人,或者是去获得一些其他的想法。

It's for a business purpose. That's right.

这是为了商业目的。

Alright, lets move on to the next one.

好的,让我们来看下一个。

3. be seeing sb. 和某人正在交往

Then they started talking about their personal life.

然后他们开始谈论个人的生活。

And Grace asked if Michelle is still seeing Chris.

格蕾丝问米歇尔是否还在和克里斯交往。

OK. So the verb here is see.

这里的动词是“see”.

But we're not actually talking about looking, we're talking about dating.

但是我们不是在说“looking-看”,我们是在说交往。

So if you're seeing Chris, it means you're dating Chris.

所以如果你说You're seeing Chris, 意思是说你在和克里斯交往。

例如:

I'm sorry, I'm seeing someone.

抱歉,我在和别人交往。

Are you seeing anyone right now?

你现在有交往对象吗?


「实用口语表达」

Now lets look at some phrases in this dialogue.

接下来我们来看看对话中的实用表达。

1. split up 分手

And Micheal says, Actually, we split up last month.

Micheal说,她上个月分手了。

To split up means to break up or to stop seeing each other.

短语 split up 是“分手,不再交往的意思。

例如:

She split up with her boyfriend.

她和男朋友分手了。

Alright, lets move on to the next one.

我们来看下一个。

2. Same old, same old.  老样子。

Yes, we do say this twice, same old, same old.

没错,但我们会这么说两遍,same old, same old.

And this means nothing has changed.

它的意思一切都没有改变。

Theres nothing really new or exciting in my life, right? 

没有什么新鲜或令人兴奋的东西。

例如:

How’s the job going?

你工作怎么样?

You know, same old, same old.

还是老样子。

Alright, lets move on to the next one.

我们来看下一个。

3. Let’s wait and see. 让我们拭目以待。

So now Michelle was describing the guy that she met at the networking party, and she said, Well, let's just wait and see.

Michelle在描述她在社交聚会上遇到的那个人,她说“Well, let's just wait and see.”

She's basically saying, we don't know how things will go, but you know, we'll have to wait for the future to come before we can make a decision.

她是在说,不知道事情会如何发展,必须等一等才能做出决定。

例如:

- Hows that project coming along?

  那个项目进展得怎么样了

- It seems all right. Well just wait and see.

  看起来不错,让我们拭目以待吧。

「今日所学回顾」



Alright, now lets review whatve learned today.
好的,我们现在一起来回顾一下今天所学的内容。
1. 发音要点:

I got a promotion, so I moved to the new Pudong office last September.

But I'm in a really cute guy last night of a networking party.

2. 核心词汇:

promotion /prəˈmoʊʃn/ 提拔,晋升

networking /ˈnetwɜːrkɪŋ/ n. 人际关系网  v. 社交;建立工作关系

be seeing sb. 和某人正在交往

3. 口语表达:

split up 分手

Same old, same old. 老样子。

Lets wait and see. 让我们拭目以待。

Alright, thats all for today. I hope you enjoy this lesson. Thanks for coming and see you next time!
好了,这就是今天的全部内容了。感谢收听,我们下期见!

    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多