分享

插入语系列之(一)插入语概念

 静康安好 2023-10-05 发布于湖北

所谓插入语,就是指插在句子中间起补充或附加说明的成分。一般说来,在使用插入语时,要用逗号、破折号与句子的其他部分隔开。插入语与句中其他部分没有语法上的直接联系,若将其去掉,句子结构仍然完整。在写作中灵活使用插入语,可以大大提高句子层次感。其作用有如下几种:

1)附加解释

Sure enough, she was there. 

果然她在那里。

Strange to say, he is still ignorant of it. 

说也奇怪,他还不知道这件事。

He was (strange as it seems) an excellent sportsman.

(尽管还显得令人不解) 是个出色的运动员。

Im seeing him in Mayor rather early June.

 5月份见他——更确切地说是在6月初。

2)补充说明

A lot of us want to leave nowBill, for example. 

我们很多人现在都想走——比如,比尔就是一例。

He was ---- to me as least, if not to you ---- a figure that was worth having pity on.

至少我觉得如此,即使你不这样认为,他是一个值得同情的人。

He learns easily, and whats more, he remembers what he has learnt. 

他学习起来很容易,而且他所学习过的都记得住。

We must be back before midnightotherwise well be locked out. 

我们必须在午夜之前赶回去,否则我们就会被锁在门外。

3) 总结归纳

To be brief, he was happy with the result. 

简言之,他对这个结果感到高兴。

To sum up, most of the committee members supported the idea but a few were against it. 

总之,大多数委员支持这一想法,但是也有几个委员反对。

In other wordshe refused to accept your invitation.

换句话说,他拒绝接受你的邀请。

To be shortsuccess results from hard work.

概括地说,成功源自艰苦的结果。

4)阐述看法

The boy is not foolish. On the contrary, I think he is very clever. 

这孩子不愚蠢,相反我认为他很聪明。

Generally speaking children like to watch television. 

一般说来,小孩子喜欢看电视。

To tell you the truth,Im not so interested in the matter. 

跟你说实话,我对这件事情的兴趣不大。 

Honestly, I don't need it at the moment.

老实说,我现在不需要它。

5)表示强调

Most important of all, these activities have strengthened their ties with the working people. 

最重要的是,这些活动加强了他们和劳动人民的联系。

To begin with, I do not like its colour. 

首先,我不喜欢它的颜色。

It's so nice to hear from her.Believe it or not, we last met more than thirty years ago.

收到她的来信真是太好了,信不信由你,我们最后一次见面那可是 30 年前的事了

Thats a wonderful idea, to be sure.

确实,那是一个非常好的注意。

6)引起注意

Supposing he is ill, who will do the work?

假如他病了,谁来做这项工作呢?

He doesnt mind. In fact, he is very pleased. 

他不介意,实际上他很高兴。

You can, if you please, come to join us in the game.

如果你愿意,你可以加入我们的游戏。

Luckily for you, I happen to have the key.

你很幸运,我刚好带了钥匙。

7)转移话题

By the way, do you know where Mary lives? 

顺便问一下,你知道玛丽住在哪里吗?

Believe it or not, they got married soon. 

信不信由你,他们不久就结婚了。

Talking of singing, will you go the concert with me tonight?

说到唱歌,你今晚愿意和我一块去音乐会吗?

When he got there,he found,however,that the weather was too bad. 

可是到了那儿之后他发现,那儿的天气太坏了.

8)承上启下

Worse still, the line could even carry off the baby in its mouth.

更糟糕的是,狮子一口就可以夺去孩子的生命。

Otherwise, he would still be at home.

不然的话,他还会在家的。

You'll be able to pass the coming exam, surely.

你一定会通过将来的考试的。

In a way, I think we both won in the game.

某种意义上来说,我认为在这场比赛中我们都赢了。

    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多