分享

记录那些让人会心一笑的片段——

 走路once 2024-05-25
===1=== 排在第一的当然是这个。。。

【老板】fuck you!
【艾琳】fuck you back!

===2=== 如何征服机车男。。。

【艾琳】你要我的号码?
You want my number?
【乔治】是的
I do. I do want your number.
【艾琳】你要哪一个号码,乔治?
Which number do you want? George?
【乔治】乔治,我喜欢听你这么叫我。你有多少个号码?
George. I like the way you say that. How many numbers you got?
【艾琳】我现在想的数字多得很,比如说,10
I got numbers coming out of my ears. For instance, ten.
【乔治】10?
【艾琳】我的小女儿现在十个月大
Yeah. That's how many months old my baby girl is.
【乔治】你有个小女儿?
You got a little girl?
【艾琳】很性感吧?6这个数字如何?
Sexy, huh? How about this for a number ...
我另一个女儿六岁,我儿子八岁
Six - That's how old my other daughter is.
Eight - is the age of my son.
2,是我结婚和离婚的次数
Two - is how many times I've been married and divorced.
16,是我目前存款的数目
Sixteen - is the number of dollars I have in my bank account.
850-3943,是我的电话号码
850-3943 - that's my phone number.
告诉你这么多数字,我想你会打来的次数是零
With all the numbers I gave you, I guess ...
zero - is how many times you'll call.

===3=== 大咪咪的加持。。。

【艾德】你凭什么以为自己能大摇大摆地走进去为所欲为呢?
What makes you think you can just walk in there and fnd what we need?
【艾琳】因为我有大咪咪
They're called boobs, Ed.
【艾德】......

===4=== 这水是特别为你们运来的。。。

【P&G公司派了3个看起来很专业很有'Secret Service'气势的小组前来和艾德事务所交涉】
【艾德为了气势上不输于对方,还专门拉了两个干杂活的换上套装以壮声势】
【对方一上来就用两千万这个看似吓人的数字压人,结果,正准备张口反击的艾德发现】
【身边的艾琳比他的嘴快的多。。。】

【山契斯小姐】咱们有话直说吧
Let's be honest here.
两千万是这些人一辈子也不敢梦想的财富
Twenty million dollars is more money than these people have ever dreamed of.

【艾琳】听到这话,我就火大
See, now that pisses me off.
第一,在抗辩后 我们已找到四百多名原告
First of all, since the demurrer we have more than 400 plaintiffs.
直说吧,大家都知道原告人数不止于此
Let's be honest. We all know there are more out there.
他们也许没受过高深教育,但也懂得除法
They may not be the most sophisticated people, but they do know how to divide.
两千万元分一分,连屁都买不起
Twenty million dollars isn't shit when you split it between them.
第二,这些人并不想要一夜致富
Second of all, these people don't dream about being rich.
他们只希望他们的孩子能自由戏水
They dream about being able to watch their kids swim in a pool...
而不用在20岁时,就切除子宫
without worrying that they'll have to have a hysterectomy at the age of 20...
比如萝莎·迪亚兹,我们的当事人
like Rosa Diaz, a client of ours...
或像另一位客户史坦布鲁一样脊椎退化
or have their spine deteriorate like Stan Bloom, another client of ours.
在你们提出那些笑死人的赔偿金额之前
So before you come back here with another lame-ass offer...
华克先生,想想你的脊椎值多少钱
I want you to think real hard about what your spine is worth, Mr. Walker...
山契斯小姐,也想想你的子宫值多少钱
or what you might expect someone to pay you for your uterus, Ms. Sanchez.
然后,拿出你们的计算器
Then you take out your calculator...
乘以一百
and you multiply that number by 100.
只要少于那个数目,就是在浪费我们的时间
Anything less than that is a waste of our time.

【对方的脸色越来越难看。。。】
【山契斯小姐下意识的拿起桌上的水杯,正想要喝口水缓解一下压力。。。】

【艾琳】
By the way, we had the water
对了,这水是特别为你们运来的
Came from a well in Hinkley.
从辛克利

【山契斯小姐面露难色,犹疑中还是尴尬的放下嘴边的水杯,草草结束了会谈,落荒而逃。。。】

===5=== 那是我的档案!

【艾琳】那是我的档案
Those are my files.
【泰瑞莎(自认为受过法学高等教育的女律师助手)】
没错,快递送给我们
Yeah. We had them couriered over.
你做得很好,这是个很好的起步
And listen, good work.They're a great start.
只要花点时间,填补你数据上的漏洞
We'll just have to spend some time filling in the holes in your research.
【艾琳】对不起… 你叫泰瑞莎吧?
Excuse me -- Theresa, is it?
我的数据没漏洞
There are no holes in my research.
【泰瑞莎】我无意冒犯,但有些事你也许不知道
No offense. Some things we need you probably didn't know to ask.
【艾琳】别把我当白痴
Don't talk to me like I'm an idiot.
我也许没念过法学院,但我研究了18个月案情
I may not have a law degree, but I've spent 1 8 months on this case...
我对这些原告的了解,你一辈子望尘莫及
and I know more about these plaintiffs than you ever will.
【泰瑞莎(想当然地试图随意指出一个常见的缺漏来蒙住艾琳)】有些人甚至连电话号码都没记录
You don't even have phone numbers for some of them.
【艾琳】你要谁的号码? 
Whose number do you need?
【泰瑞莎(显然还没意识到问句的含义,想当然的以为对方想为资料的缺失狡辩)】每个人的都要
Everyone's.
我们必须要跟每个原告联络
We need to be able to contact the plaintiffs.
【艾琳】我问你要谁的电话号码?
I said, whose number do you need?
【泰瑞莎(终于反应过来了,难以置信地)】
你不可能把600名原告的号码都背下来吧
You don't know 600 plaintiffs' numbers by heart.

【艾琳做了个”随便来问我吧“的姿势和表情。。。】

【泰瑞莎(暗道:不知天高地厚,这可是你自找的,等下看你怎么出丑)】
【泰瑞莎打开档案箱从中随意找了一个人名】
安娜·贝尔·丹尼斯 Annabelle Daniels.

【艾琳】安娜·贝尔·丹尼斯,714-454-9346
Annabelle Daniels. 7 1 4-454-9346.
她到5月就满11,一出生就住在污染区
Ten years old, eleven in May. Lived on the plume since birth.
她以后想跳水上芭蕾,整天泡在游泳池
Wanted to be a synchronized swimmer, so she spent every minute in the PG&E pool.
她脑干出现肿瘤,感恩节动了手术
A tumor on her brain stem was operated on on Thanksgiving...
之后,用放射线疗治
shrunk with radiation after that.
她父母是泰德和莉塔,泰德患克隆氏症
Her parents are Ted and Rita. Ted's got Crohn's disease.
莉塔有慢性头痛,去年夏天子宫切除
Rita has chronic headaches and nausea
and underwent a hysterectomy last fall.
泰德在辛克利长大
Ted grew up in Hinkley.
他哥罗比和嫂嫂媚依,以及他们的五个孩子
His brother Robbie, his wife May and their five children...
罗比二世,马莎,艾德,萝莎和彼德
RobbieJr., Martha, Ed, Rose and Peter
他们也都住在污染区
also lived on the plume.
他们的号码是454-9554
Their number is 454-95 54.
想知道他们生什么病吗?
You want their diseases?

【泰瑞莎(一时间无言以对,无奈之下只好作出退让)】
我们也许一开始就踏出错误的第一步...
Look, we got off on the wrong foot here...
【艾琳(老娘才不给你留什么面子)】
没错,小姐,你天生有两只左脚和难看的鞋子
That's all you got, lady--two wrong feet and fucking ugly shoes.
【泰瑞莎(哑巴吃黄莲)】。。。

===6=== 我只好出卖肉体。。。

【当艾琳和艾德搞定所有634个原告的签字协议,合作的律师及助手,特别是上面那个泰瑞莎,都显得难以置信】
【在怀疑的目光下。。。】

【合作律师】你是怎么办到的?
How did you do this?
【艾琳】我无知,又没有念过法学院
Well, seeing as how I have no brains or legal expertise...
艾德又对这个体制失去信心
and Ed here was losing faith in the system...
【艾德(附和道)】是,我完全没信心 No faith.

【接着,艾琳语出惊人。。。】

【艾琳】我只好出卖肉体
I just performed sexual favors.
【连艾德都无语了。。。】
【艾琳】我在五天内,帮634个人吹喇叭
Six hundred and thirty-four blow jobs in five days.
【艾德(偷笑)】
。。。
【泰瑞莎脸上的表情。。。实在让人忍不住大笑。。。】

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多