分享

勃朗宁夫人《我是怎样的爱你?》

 浮生半日苑 2013-10-05

爱情.jpg

经典的爱情诗篇《How do I love thee》,这是勃朗宁夫人(Elizabeth Barrett Browning)的名著《葡萄牙人的十四行诗集》中的第43首,也是最著名的一首,几乎所有的爱情诗选集都收录了它。勃朗宁夫人于1843年获得了“国家诗人”的提名,结果惜败给了同一时代的另一位大诗人威廉?华兹华斯(William Wordsworth)。

How do I love thee? 我是怎样的爱你 by 勃朗宁夫人 英语带中文翻译:
 
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
我是怎样地爱你?让我逐一细算。
       
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
我爱你尽我的心灵所能及到的
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
深邃、宽广、和高度——正象我探求
       
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
玄冥中上帝的存在和深厚的神恩。
       
I love thee to the level of every day's
我爱你的程度,就象日光和烛焰下
       
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
那每天不用说得的需要。我不加思虑地
       
I love thee freely, as men strive for right.
爱你,就象男子们为正义而斗争;
       
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
我纯洁地爱你,象他们在赞美前低头。
       
I love thee with the passion put to use
以满怀热情,就象往日满腔的辛酸;
   
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
我爱你以我童年的信仰;我爱你
       
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
    我爱你,抵得上那似乎随着消失的圣者
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,
 而消逝的爱慕。我爱你以我终生的
       
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
呼吸,微笑和泪珠——假使是上帝的
       
I shall but love thee better after death.
意旨,那么,我死了我还要更加爱你!
    
-- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
 

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多