分享

【英语诵读精华】态度就是高度

 huyanluanyuya 2017-02-03

此前与大家分享过两篇关于英语学习的文章:

学到欲罢不能:我的史诗般的英语逆袭路

学习的秘密:5问英语


我认为无论对于中国人还是外国人,学习英语的最佳方法就是诵读。这个方法不但可以治疗哑巴英语、瞎子英语、文盲英语,也可以用来应试。不但可以小成,而且可以大成(许多大家都是诵读高手)。再加上移动互联网时代,资源丰富,工具方便,这个方法不但可以学习速度更快,而且可以效果更佳。


许多网友对文章中所述的学习方法感兴趣,还有网友感兴趣我所背诵的文章。此后的日子里,我争取把此前曾经诵读过的英语文章陆续分享出来,供大家参考。




今天这篇英文的名字是《态度决定高度》,作者尼克·胡哲(Nick Vujicic)。对于很多朋友来说,胡哲并不陌生。他于1982年12月4日出生于澳大利亚墨尔本,澳大利亚演讲家。2003年,胡哲大学毕业。2005年出版DVD《生命更大的目标》。同年被提名为“澳大利亚年度青年”。2008-2009年间胡哲两次来到中国各所高校举行演讲。2010年出版自传《人生不设限》。近年来他的许多演讲受到大家的欢迎,尤其多次到访中国,为许多朋友所熟知。


在我看来,胡哲的《态度决定高度》这篇只有不到3分钟的演讲是最精彩的。不但概括他的人生与思想的精华,同时,语言优美、气势恢宏,一气呵成。读起来铿锵有力,图文配合,作为学习英语的材料,不枯燥。视频的后面,我把文章编辑为两个版本,对于感兴趣的朋友,可以方便的打印出来,作为诵读法学习英语的材料。文章翻译的很幼稚,便于小孩子都可以学习,事实上,这样的文章确实三四年级的孩子都可以背的很熟,而且理解的深刻犀利,我见过。




Attitude is altitude

(态度就是高度)

                                      

Nick Vujicic
尼克
 胡哲

 

Life is life.

生命是生命。


Life is an interesting journey of ups and downs.

生命是一次奇妙的旅程,有高低起伏。


But how the journey ends, is up to you today.

但这旅程如何结束,取决于今天的你。


You see, when you fall down, you feel like giving up.

你看,当你跌倒,你感觉想要放弃。


When times get tough, it is not the end.

当处于困境,那并不是终点。


The question is, “Are you going to finish strong?”

问题是,你是否会变得坚强?

 

The definition of a disability is something that will hinder you from being able to do something.

残障的定义是,阻碍你能够去做某件事的事情。


I think, though, the greatest disability is not having no arms and no legs.

我想,最大的残障并不是没有手臂、没有腿。


The greatest disability is your mind, the choices that you make.

最大的残障是你的思想,是你做出的选择。

 

The question is, “Are you going to make the right choice?”

问题是,你将做出正确的选择吗?


“Are you going to make the choice, to have your life in it’s right perspective?”

你是否会做出这样的选择,以正确的眼光对待你的生命?


“Are you going to make the choice, to get up instead of give up?”

你是否会做出这样的选择,崛起而非放弃?


“Are you going to make the choice, to dream big?”

你是否会做出这样的选择,梦想远大?


There is no greater disability that we have in our life than to make the decision to give up.

人生最大的残障莫过于做出放弃的决定。


Because once you give up, then there is no hope.

因为,一旦你放弃,便再没有希望。


But until you give up, there is that hope.

但只,直到你放弃之前,那仍然有希望。

 

 

My passion is to encourage.

我的热情是激励他人。

 

My passion is to encourage people and to inspire people to be all that they can be.

我的热情是激励和启发人们去实现他们所能够达到的。


I have found my purpose.

我已经找到了我的目标。


I have found my strength.

我已经找到了我的力量。


And I want you to find yours.

那么,我希望你也能找到你的(目标和力量)。


Don’t be afraid of failing.

不要害怕失败。


Every time you fall down, every time you fail, you learn something new.

每次你倒下,每次你失败,你学到了新的东西。


You are ready for the next one.

你已经准备好了下一次(学习)。


You’ve learned how not to do something.

你已经学会了如何不去做某些事情。

(你已学会如何不再重蹈覆辙。)


Well then, learn from it and move on.

那么,从中学习,然后继续前行。


Leave what’s behind and press forward.

忘记背后,努力前行。


You can only win, if you don’t give up.

你只会成功,只要你不放弃。


Go for it.

为了成功前行。

(勇往直前。)


Don’t let anything hold you back.

不要让任何事情止住你的脚步。


If nothing is holding me back, what’s holding you back?

如果没有什么令我止步,还有什么会令你止步呢?

 

Vision to Dream big.

作远大的梦想

 

No goal is too big.

没有太大的目标。


No dream is too far fetched.

没有遥不可及的梦想。


It’s as big as you can dream it.

你的梦想有多大,它就有多大。

 

 

Perspective and purpose

角度与目标

 

There are times in life, when you don’t see the purpose or the good in your situation.

生活中有时候,你看不到目标或者你处境中的优势。


But just because you can’t see it, it doesn’t mean it’s not coming.

但仅仅是因为你看不见,它并不意味着它不会出现。

 

Who goes to the train station, looking down the railway, and say “The train is not here, I’m leaving.”

有谁去火车站,看着铁路,然后说,这里没有火车,我要走了


You will wait for the train! Why?

(相反)你讲等待火车!为什么?


Because the schedule says the train is coming.

因为日程表上说火车将要到来。


So just you can’t see the hope in your situation, it doesn’t mean that it’s not there.

所以你看不到你处境中的希望,并不意味着它(希望)不再那里。


You see, many people think that I have only foot, just because you can’t see the other one.

正如许多人认为我只有只脚,仅仅是因为你没有看到另外一只而已。

 

I’ve gone from a life without limbs into a life without limits.

我从生命中走来,没有四肢,却进入无限的生命。


What about you?

你呢?

 

*********************************

 

 

Attitude is altitude
  Nick Vujicic


Life is life. Life is an interesting journey of ups and downs. But how the journey ends, is up to you today. You see, when you fall down, you feel like giving up. When times get tough, it is not the end. The question is, “Are you going to finish strong?”


The definition of a disability is something that will hinder you from being able to do something. I think, though, the greatest disability is not having no arms and no legs. The greatest disability is your mind, the choice that you make.


The question is, “Are you going to make the right choice?” “Are you going to make the choice, to have your life in it’s right perspective?” “Are you going to make the choice, to get up instead of give up?” “Are you going to make the choice, to dream big?”


There is no greater disability that we have in our life than to make the decision to give up. Because once you give up, then there is no hope. But until you give up, there is that hope.


My passion is to encourage people and inspire people to be all that they can be. I have found my purpose. I have found my strength. And I want you to find yours.


Don’t be afraid of failing. Every time you fall down, every time you fail, you learn something new. You are ready for the next one. You’ve learned how not to do something. Well then, learn from it and move on. Leave what’s behind and press forward. You can only win, if you don’t give up. Go for it. Don’t let anything hold you back. If nothing is holding me back, what’s holding you back?


No goal is too big. No dream is too far fetched. It’s as big as you can dream it.


There are times in life, when you don’t see the purpose or the good in your situation. But just because you can’t see it, it doesn’t mean it’s not coming.


Who goes to the train station, looking down the railway, and say” The train is not here, I’m leaving.” You will wait for the train! Why? Because the schedule says the train is coming. So just you can’t see the hope in your situation, it doesn’t mean that it’s not there. You see, many people think that I have only foot, just because you can’t see the other one.


I’ve gone from a life without limbs into a life without limits.


What about you?



    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多