分享

“哪壶不开提哪壶”用英语怎么说?| 地道英语

 静雅轩345 2018-04-17

Rub it in 来自BBC英语 02:18

Rub it in

Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. I’m Neil and joining me in this programme is Feifei. 

大家好,欢迎收听地道英语。我是尼尔,今天和我一起主持这期节目的是菲菲。
Hi.
大家好。
Beautiful day today, isn’t it? Blazing sunshine… it’s so warm.
真是美好的一天啊,是吧?闪耀的阳光……温暖极了。
Yes it is, and luckily for you. Your shift is finished after this programme, isn’t it?
对,你可真幸运,这期节目之后,你的轮班就结束了,对吧?
Yep! But you have to stay here till evening on the late shift. Ahhh... I’m off to the park to enjoy the sun. I’d better buy some sun cream, eh?
对!但你就得在这儿待到晚上的晚班了。啊……我要去公园里享受阳光。我最好买些防晒霜,是吧?
Don’t rub it in!
别哪壶不开提哪壶!
OK. See you later.
好吧。再见。
Two hours later.
两小时后。
My word, Neil! What’s happened to you? You look like a lobster!
哎呀,尼尔!发生什么了?你看上去像一只龙虾!
It’s very hot and sunny out there.
外面又热又晒。
But what about the sun cream?
那防晒霜呢?
You told me ’not to rub it in’, Feifei! 
你告诉我“不要涂它”的,菲菲!
OK, I think I need to explain something. We use the expression ’to rub something in’ when a person keeps mentioning something another person wants to forget. When I said ’don’t rub it in’ I was fed up of hearing about your wonderful afternoon in the sun while I’m stuck here in the office!
好吧,我觉得我需要解释一下。当有人一直提别人想要忘记的事情时,我们就会说“rub it in”这个短语。当我说“哪壶不开提哪壶”的时候,我是厌倦了听你谈论你阳光明媚的美好下午,而我只能困在办公室里!
Ah, so I actually should have rubbed in this sun cream. Let’s hear some examples...  
啊,所以事实上我本应该涂上防晒霜的。让我们来听一些例子吧……
Don’t rub it in. I know you beat me at tennis but you don’t have to keep mentioning the score.
不要故意触人痛处。我知道你打网球赢了我,但你也不必一直提比分吧。
Carlos got into Oxford but I didn’t. That’s bad enough, but he keeps rubbing it in by talking about it all the time.
卡洛斯进了牛津大学,可我没有。这已经够糟糕了,可他还故意哪壶不开提哪壶,一直在说这件事情。
This is The English We Speak and in this programme we’re learning the phrase to ’rub it in’. If a person ’rubs it in’, it means they keep mentioning something another person wants to forget.
这里是地道英语,本期节目里,我们学习了“哪壶不开提哪壶、故意戳人痛处”这个表达。如果有人“故意戳人痛处”,就是说他们反复提别人想要忘记的事情。
I want to forget that I’ve got such a terrible sunburn.
我想忘记我晒伤得很厉害这件事情。
Well I won’t rub it in and talk about that sun cream you should have…
好,我不会故意戳人痛处提防晒霜,你本应该……
…should have rubbed in. Thanks Feifei. Ouch!
……本应该涂上它的。谢谢菲菲。哎呦!
Bye!
再见!
Bye!
再见!


    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多