分享

生活版口语 | 对爱抱怨的人就该这么怼!

 香光庄 2019-04-23

a damp squib.mp3 来自英语主播Emily 04:23

kvetch

/kvetʃ/

抱怨;爱抱怨的人

I'm sorry. I don't mean to be a kvetch.

对不起,我并不想一直抱怨。

Stop whining.

别发牢骚了。

a damp squib

空欢喜一场

A: This hotel room sucks.

这家宾馆的房间真烂。

B: Oh, stop complaining. We only have to stay here for one night.

别再抱怨了,我们只不过在这儿住一个晚上而已。

A: But the carpet smells like a wet dog and the bed is as hard as a rock.

可是这地毯闻起来有发霉的味道,而且床硬的像石头。

B: Why do you always have to kvetch? Let's just enjoy our vacation.

为什么你老是在挑刺?我们就好好享受假期吧。

A: Maybe I should complain to the manager.

或许我应该像宾馆经理反映

B: Please, just stop whining. Let's go down to the pool for a swim.

拜托,别再发牢骚了,我们下楼去泳池游个泳。

A: I'm sure the poor will turn out to be a damp squib as well.

我可以肯定那个游泳池肯定也是空欢喜一场。

B: Look, Phil. This hotel is not what I expected either, but there's nothing we can do about it. 

听着,菲尔,这家宾馆也不如我所期待,但是我们不能改变什么。

A: Oh, okay, then. Finish your coffee and we'll go for a swim.

好吧,等你把咖啡喝完我们就去游泳。

B: I don't want to finish my coffee.

我不想把这杯咖啡喝光。

A: Why not?

为什么?

B: It sucks. 

很难喝。

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多