分享

双语美文:只是学了几句手语,现在我哭成了泪人儿!

 昵称50368963 2019-06-22

I work as the reception manager at my hotel.

我在一家酒店担任前厅经理

A booking came in a few weeks ago

几个星期前,酒店收到一封预约函

with a note attached that the guest will be travelling with their deaf father.

随函还有一张便条,说明来人将与他们失聪的老父亲同行

Just so that we would be aware

希望我们能提前知晓这一点

when dealing with them when they arrived

当他们到达酒店的时候,接待他们时不要太过惊讶

as they were here for a number of days

因为他们要在酒店里住上几天

and his daughter wanted to make his trip to Ireland as smooth as possible.

这位老父亲的女儿希望父亲的爱尔兰之行一切顺利

Upon seeing this note

看完这张便条

and noting I would be the one to check them in

我意识到自己会参与这几个旅客的接待工作

as I was rostered for their arrival time,

他们到达的当天正好是我值班

I decided to learn some very basic sign language.

我决定去学习一些非常基础的手语

I greeted the guest in my usual fashion,

几天后的一天,几个旅客走进酒店,我以一贯的方式欢迎他们到来

asking for the surname on the booking.

询问他们登记在预定簿上的姓氏

Once I heard the name I realized immediately who was standing in front of me.

一听到他们的姓,我立刻意识到站在我面前的人是谁

I had been learning for two weeks how to say

我已经学习了两个星期的手语,只学会了这样一段话

"welcome to Ireland.

“欢迎你们来到爱尔兰”

My sign language is terrible,

我的手语很糟糕

but please if you need anything during your stay just let me know

不过,如果你们在酒店期间有任何需要,请告诉我们

and we will help you".

我们一定会为您效劳

I smiled at the father and daughter in front of me,

我对面前的这对父女报以微笑

turning to the father I greeted in ASL

然后我看向那位老父亲,用美式手语向他打招呼

and began the bit I had learned for him.

然后开始演示我为了招待他学习的那句手语

His daughter broke down crying

他的女儿立刻感动得热泪盈眶

and called me sweet.

连连说我实在太好了

But the father just smiled and was so happy.

而那位父亲只是对我微笑,看上去非常开心

Honestly seeing his reaction was enough for me.

我真心觉得,看到他的反应,已经让我心满意足了。

It was so worth the last few weeks of learning basic ASL.

过去连续几周学习美式手语的辛苦,都是值得的。

On check-out I sadly wasn't working,

很遗憾,他们办理退房手续的时候我没有值班

but they had left a gift for me.

但是他们给我留下了一份礼物

A small box with some chocolates and a book on ASL.

是一小盒巧克力,和一本关于美式手语的书

Inside the inscription

盒子里面写着,

"thank you very much for what you did on check-in. “

你在为我们办理入职手续时的举动太贴心了,向你表示由衷的感激!

”My father has been in amazing form since you checked us in

从你为我们办理入住手续开始,我的父亲就一直心情特别好

and insisted we get you a gift before we left.

坚持让我们在离开酒店前为你准备一份礼物

You have no idea how much this meant to my father and I

你不知道你的举动对于我的父亲来说具有多大的意义

and we can't thank you enough.

我们对你感激不尽!

You've made his trip home to his family after 50 years very special with one simple gesture".

你一个小小的举动,让他这次旅行具有了特殊的意义,要知道,这是他阔别家乡50年后的回归之旅

I cried for a solid 5 minutes when I came into work today to find this gift in my locker.

今天早上我来上班的时候,才在我的储物柜里找到了这份礼物,我哭了整整五分钟。

文章来源:沪江英语

图片来源:高品图像

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多