分享

双语美文:接受吧,这世界充满潜规则

 昵称50368963 2019-08-31

This world is made of one after another ordinary person.

这个世界是由一个又一个普通人组成的。

We live in such a world. So we have to constantly communicate with different kinds of people.

我们活在这样一个世界上,就要不断地和各种人打交道。

And where there are people there are all sorts of different rules that come with them.

而有人的地方,就会不可避免地出现各种各样的规则。

Some of these rules are written.

有些规则会被写下来。

The others, however, are hidden in the dark waiting for smart people to find them out.

而还有些规则,则只能藏在暗处,由敏锐的人自行领会。

This is not the dark side of this society. It's just the natural result of human interaction.

这并不是社会的黑暗,而是人际互动的必然。

We can't live in a world ruled completely by solid rules. A world like that is hell. And it will make our civilizaiton stagnant.

我们不可能生活在一个完全有铁律统治的社会中,那是地狱;而且那样会让人类文明陷入停滞。

If we are to make our civilization develop, we have to activate that flexibility that makes us human.

人类文明要想发展,必须充分激发我们作为人的灵活天性。

And this nature, this soft nature, will inevitably bring a lot of rules that stay unseen.

而这种天性,是柔性的,所以它必然会带来很多看不见的规则。

So, right, from this perspective, the world is cruel .

所以,没错,从这个角度讲,世界的确是残酷的。

But this is the world that you live in.

但这就是你生活的世界。

Embrace it.

接受它吧。

Only by doing this can you live on.

只有这样,你才能走下去。

文章来源:沪江英语

图片来源:高品图像

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多