分享

利用空余时间整理学习方法!

 陈春土 2020-02-16

Consistency has been a hallmark of good study habits since the 1900s.

自20世纪以来,持之以恒一直是良好学习习惯的标志。

It's drilled into our heads from an early age have a dedicated desk, have a dedicated time, eliminate distractions.

固定的办公桌、固定的时间、排除干扰从小就在我们的脑海里根深蒂固。

But what if almost everything we're told about how we learn is wrong?

但如果我们被告知的关于如何学习的一切几乎都是错误的呢?

What if being inconsistent can work in our favor?

如果前后不一致反而是对我们有利的呢?

For instance, can something as simple as a change in venue make a difference?

例如,像地点的改变这样简单的事请能产生影响吗

Could interrupting work on a large project facilitate more inventive thinking?

打断一个大项目的工作可以促进更有创造性的思维吗?

In the mid-1970s a trio of psychologists performed an experiment to answer just that.

20世纪70年代中期,有三位心理学家做了一个实验来回答这个问题。

They wondered what would happen if people study the same material twice only in two different places.

他们想知道,如果人们在两个不同的地方学习相同的内容,会发生什么事情。

To test this they presented a group of students with a list of 40 four-letter words like ball and fork.

为了测试这一点,他们向一组学生展示了一个由40个4个字母组成的单词组成的列表,比如“球”和“叉”。

All of the students were given two 10-minute study sessions,

所有的学生都有两个10分钟的学习小节。

but half of them study in the same dimly lighted study room for both sessions while the other half started in two different rooms,

但其中一半人两次学习都在同一间昏暗杂乱的房间进行,而另一半人则在不同环境的两间房间学习,

The cluttered one and a neater brighter one across campus.

一间是杂乱的教室,另一间是整洁明亮的教室。

In the last phase of the experiment, researchers had the students write down as many of the study words as they could in ten minutes.

在实验的最后阶段,研究人员让学生在十分钟内写下尽可能多的单词。

The difference in scores was striking.

最后得分的差异令人震惊。

The one room group recalled an average of 16 of the 40 studied words, the two rooms group recalled 24.

第一个房间的学生平均回忆起了40个单词中的16个,第二个房间的学生则回忆起了24个。

A simple change in venue had improved the students memory by 40%.

环境的一个简单改变就提高了学生40%的记忆力。

But it isn't just where you study or practice, how you do so is also part of the environment.

不仅是你在哪里学习或练习,你怎样做也是环境的一部分。

Think about it!

想想一下!

Writing notes by hand is one kind of activity, typing them is another.

手写做笔记是一种方式,打字则是另一种。

The same goes for studying while standing up versus, sitting down versus, running on a treadmill.

站着学习、坐着学习、在跑步机上一边跑步一边学习也是如此。

In the end, it doesn't matter which aspects of the environment you vary. So long as you vary what you can.

最后,环境的哪些方面不同并不重要。只要你能改变它就行。

In the end, it doesn't matter which aspects of the environment you vary. So long as you vary what you can.

最后,环境的哪些方面不同并不重要。只要你能改变它就行。

So next time you need to study, to practice or prepare for that big project, mix it up.

所以下次你需要学习、练习或者为大项目做准备的时候,改变一下吧。

Try another room, another time of day, take your guitar to the park,

试着换个房间,换个时间,带着你的吉他去公园,

change coffee shops, switch practice courts, read in silence and with music on.

换个咖啡馆,换个练习地点,可以默读,可以听听音乐。

Why? Because each alteration of your routine further enriches the skills being rehearsed,

为什么?因为日常生活的每一次改变都会进一步丰富你的演练技巧,

making them more accessible to you for a longer period of time.

让你把这些内容记得更牢。

That's the soul of real learning after all.

毕竟这才是真正的学习的精髓。

To carry the skills and the knowledge with you, available when needed, no matter of then environment.

不管环境如何,都要学好技能和知识,以备不时之需。

I'd like to talk to you about the importance of connecting words together.

我想和你一起讨论将单词连读的重要性。

When you speak English, to sound more natural, and more fluent, and to have better pronunciation.

当你说英语时,它们会使之听起来更自然、更流利、发音更准确。

We're gonna talk about connecting different consonants together.

我们现在讨论把不同的辅音连读在一起。

Listen to some examples that I give you,

听一听我给你们的一些例子,

and think about the difference of the way these examples sound. 

'It was, it was.' 'Good job, good job.' 'That man, that man.'

然后想想这些例子听起来有什么不同。

 If you notice, in every case, in the first word, the word ended with either a 't' or a 'd'.

如果你留心,每个例子的第一个单词都是以t或d结尾。

And we do something unique when we have a 't' and a 'd' at the end of the word, and the following word starts with a consonant.

当单词末尾有一个t和一个d,并且下面的单词以辅音开头,我们会做一些特殊的变动。

Let me give you some examples.

让我给你举几个例子。

Let's look at these words, look at this,

让我们来看看这些单词,看这里,

'good job', the 'd' is at the end of the word and then a 'j' follows it in the next word.

good job,d在单词的末尾,紧接着是首字母为j的单词。

So there are two consonants together, you have to be careful what you do with this 'd'.

所以这里有两个辅音连在一起,你处理此处的d的发音的时候要小心。

Don't release your tongue, don't say 'good', 'good job', also don't skip the 'd' completely, don't say, 'good job'.

不要放松你的舌头,不要说成good,good job,也不要完全不发这个d的音,不要说成good job。

What we're doing is we're holding the 'd' and we say 'good job', 'good job', all right.

我们所做的是屏住这个d的发音,我们说,good job,good job,好的。

If there were a vowel after the 'd',

如果在d后面接的是一个元音,

for example, 'good effort', then you can link them together and you can pronounce the 'd' quickly,

比如,good effort,那么你可以将它们连读在一起,并且将d的音快速的发出来,

And you can say 'good effort', 'good effort', 'good attitude', that's different.

你可以说,good effort,good effort,good attitude,这种情况下是不同的。

So with the vowel, you can keep going and release the tongue quickly,

所以对于元音,你可以正常发音并且快速地放松舌头,

/ʊd/, 'good attitude'. Same thing with the 't'.

对于t来说也是一样的。

We're gonna hold our tongue and we're gonna say 'that',

我们要将舌头限制在口腔里,然后我们再说that,

'that way', 'that way', 'that man', 'that guy', 'that thing'.

If there were a vowel here, that would be a different situation.

如果这里有一个元音,情况会有所不同。

If we would say 'that is', then it changes to a fast 'd', 'that is'.

如果我们说,that is,那么t就发成了一个快速的d的音,that is。

But with the consonant, we hold it.

但是后面接的是辅音,我们做一个停顿。

Now, don't skip the 't' completely, don't say 'that way', 'that way'.

现在,不要完全跳过t的发音,不要说that way,that way。

That's kind of a sloppy speech, and it's not clear, 'that way'.

那是一种含糊的发音方式,听起来不是很清楚,that way。

One of the reasons that people confuse these or expressions very often is because the fact that 't' is held.

人们经常对这种表达产生困惑的原因之一是此时的t变为了停顿。

A lot of my students say to me, you know, I don't know if people are saying 'can' or 'can't'.

我的很多同学都告诉我,你知道吗,我不知道人们是在说can还是can't。

I understand that.

我可以理解。

Because the 't' is not really pronounced like /t/.

因为这里的t实际上并不是发/t/的音。

We don't say 'I can't go'.

我们不说I can't go。

We hold the 't', and we say 'I can't go'.

我们在t这里做一个停顿,我们说I can't go。

I can't go with you.

我不能和你一起去。

So the only difference between this and this is a slight interruption of the airflow.

所以这个和这个的唯一差别是,它在送气的过程中有一个轻微中断。

'Can't go', you can interrupt right here with your tongue going up, 'can't go',

can't go,你可以在这里把舌头抬起来打断一下,can't go,

or you can interrupt it back here by just stopping the airflow in the back, and can say, 'can't go', I can't help you.

或者你可以通过阻止后面的气流来打断它,然后可以说,can't go,我不能帮助你。

I can't do it.

我不能这么做。

Alright, let's practice some more expressions.

好了,让我们多练习一些表达。

'Don't need', I don't need it.

Don't need,我不需要它。

'What day', what day is it today?

What day,今天是星期几?

Okay, let's practice some more examples.

好,让我们多练习一些例子。

Listen and repeat.

听并跟读。

Repeat after me.

跟我读。

'About that'.  Tell me about that.

跟我说说这件事。

'right now'. I'll do it right now.

我马上就做。

'second floor'. I live on the second floor.

我住在二层。

'at home'. He's at home now.

他现在在家。

'red car'. He has a red car.

他有一辆红色汽车。

We live in an age where food which used to take us hours to obtain, can be delivered to your doorstep in under 30 minutes.

我们生活在这样一个时代,过去我们要花几个小时才能弄到食物,而现在只需不到30分钟就能送到家门口。

Never in the history of mankind have we had this much free time on our hands until now.

人类历史上从没有像我们现在这样有这么多的空闲时间。

Yet, it's sad to say. But the majority of us waste it.

然而,说出来可能很扎心。但我们大多数人都把这些空闲时间浪费了。

We turn on our TV or our Gaming Console.

我们打开电视或游戏机。

We medicate ourselves with weed, alcohol, drugs and pornography, just to burn time.

我们用大麻,酒精,毒品和色情制品来麻醉自己,只是为了消磨时间。

What a complete waste.

真是浪费。

What you should really be doing with all of this free time?

那你在这些空闲时间里都应该做些什么呢?

Well, if you are even the slightest bit serious about becoming a winner in the game of life.

好吧,如果你对成为人生游戏的赢家有一点点认真对待的话。

Here are the 4 most important things you need start spending your time on.

以下是利用好时间要做的四件最重要的事。

No. 1 is exercise.

第一是锻炼。

Now this first task is crucial.

现在,这第一项任务至关重要。

With so much free time on our hands, we need to have the energy.

有这么多空闲时间在我们手上,我们需要精力充沛。

To be active, during this time.

在这段时间保持活跃。

A few centuries ago, we used to move around and lift things.

几个世纪前,我们经常四处走动,搬东西。

A few centuries ago, we used to move around and lift things.

几个世纪前,我们经常四处走动,搬东西。

Whether it'd be tending to the farms or creating tools in the workshop.

无论是照料农场还是在车间制作工具。

But now most of us work behind computer screens and registers.

但现在我们大多数人都在电脑屏幕和注册表后工作。

We aren't getting the right amount of exercise that our body needs to function properly.

我们没有得到使我们身体正常运转的适当的运动量。

It's actually been proven by studies that people who workout have more energy throughout the day.

事实上,研究已经证明,经常锻炼的人一天当中精力更充沛。

If you don't have energy, you are gonna spend majority of your free time on effortless things like Netflix and gaming.

如果你没有精力,你会把大部分空闲时间花在看剧和玩游戏这样轻松的事情上。

A simple workout program like Starting Strength is enough for you to get started on improving your fitness and gaining more energy throughout the day.

一个简单的锻炼计划,如“力量训练基础”足以让你开始提高你的健康水平,一整天都获得更多的能量。

No. 2 is reading.

第二是阅读。

I know, I know. You've probably heard this advice a hundred times over.

我知道,我知道。你可能已经听过这个建议一百次了吧。

But hear me out.

但是听我说完。

The stuff that you are learning in school is outdated.

你在学校学到的东西已经过时了。

The large majority of information you are learning over their will not be used once you graduate.

你所学到的大部分信息毕业之后都不会被用到。

This means that the vast majority of people don't know what in the world they are doing.

这意味着绝大多数人不知道他们在做什么。

Real life knowledge like managing finances, social skills, dating, diet and fitness.

现实生活中的知识像理财,社交技巧,约会,饮食和健身。

Are basically not existed among the population.

基本上人们都不拥有。

And in my opinion, this is actually a very good thing for you.

在我看来,实际上这对你来说是一件非常好的事情。

This means that you can easily climb to the top.

这意味着你可以轻松爬到顶端。

Because, well, your competition kinda sucks.

因为,你的竞争对手糟透了。

A famous entrepreneur once said that you can become an expert in any field, by reading just 3 books on the subject.

一位著名的企业家曾经说过,只要读3本书,你就可以成为任何领域的专家。

By simply reading 3 books, you'll know more about any subject than 99% of people out there.

仅仅通过阅读3本书,你就会比99%的人更了解任何学科。

Look, if you wanna succeed at the game of life.

看吧,如果你想在人生的游戏中成功。

You have to read the instructions manual.

你必须阅读说明书。

Focus your reading on self-development books, as they provide practical knowledge that can be apply to real life.

把你的阅读集中在自我发展的书籍上,因为它们提供了可以应用到现实生活中的实用知识。

No. 3 is meditation.

第三是冥想。

Meditation is one of those things that have been proven a hundred times over, to be extremely beneficial.

冥想是一种已经被无数次证明是非常有益的事情。

Yet, nobody does it.

然而,没有人这样做。

Why? Well, it's probably because on the surface, it's one of the most boring tasks out there.

为什么?好吧,这可能是因为从表面上看它是最无聊的事情。

You sit down, and you do nothing.

你坐下来,然后什么都不做。

Right? Well, there's a lot more to it. When you meditate you are actually training your brain.

对吧?其实还有很多。当你冥想时,你实际上是在训练你的大脑。

You learn how to control what thoughts to focus on, and which thoughts to ignore.

你学会了如何控制你要集中的思想,以及要忽略的念头。

This one skill is crucial to becoming a happier person.

这一技能对成为一个更快乐的人至关重要。

You'll also have a lot more mental energy throughout the day.

一整天你也会有更多的精力。

It's so important actually that if you would to ask me which one habit could change your life.

事实上这是非常重要的,如果你问我哪一个习惯可以改变你的生活的话。

I'd instantly respond with meditation.

我会立刻回答用冥想。

Meditating for just 10 minutes a day is more than enough to start reaping the benefits.

每天冥想10分钟就足以让你受益。

No. 4 is a hobby/passion.

第四是爱好/激情。

It's my strong belief that everyone has a passion that triggers the inner child in them.

我坚信每个人都有一种能激发他们内在童心的激情。

It's something that brings out a sort of excitement in you.

这会给你带来一种兴奋。

Instead of dreading the time spent on it, you kinda get lost in the exploration.

你有点迷失在探索中,而不是害怕花在这上面的时间。

The reason I listed this as the last task, is because the other three supplement your ability to work on your hobby or your passion.

我之所以把这列为最后一项任务,是因为另外三项任务补充了你培养兴趣或激情的能力。

Reading gives you the knowledge to grow in your hobby.

阅读让你在爱好中增长知识。

Meditation gives you the headspace for creativity.

冥想给你创造的空间。

And exercise ultimately gives your body the energy to focus on this hobby, even after a long days of work.

锻炼最终会让你的身体有精力专注于这项爱好,即使是在长时间的工作之后。

This hobby whether It'd be dance art, writing, creating your own 'make a wish' foundation.

这个爱好可以是舞蹈艺术,写作,创造你自己的“许个愿”基金会。

Whatever it is, is your source of fulfillment.

无论是什么,都是你实现自我的源泉。

Without it, you will not feel whole.

没有它,你就不会感到完整。

You will feel as if there something missing in your life.

你会感觉好像生活中缺少一些东西。

And it's my strong belief that if you work on your hobby long enough,

我坚信,如果你在自己的爱好上花的时间足够长,

and hone your craft, can eventually be a source of income.

并磨练自己的手艺,最终可以成为一种收入来源。

Once you reach this stage, your life will transform from the one you dread into one that excites you.

一旦到了这个阶段,你的生活就会把你害怕的变成会让你感到兴奋的。

And that's it guys these four tasks, in my opinion, are the four most important things you should focus on in your free time.

就是这样伙计们,这四个任务,在我看来,是你们在空闲时间应该关注的最重要的四件事。

最受欢迎的泡泡老师少儿英语Paul

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多