分享

第16期:English Pod - Turn the left 左转

 懒人英语晨读 2022-08-08 发布于上海

「晨读音频」



Hello everyone! And welcome to my channel! I'm Reevs. Good morning!
大家好,欢迎来到懒人英语晨读栏目,我是Reevs,早上好呀。


I have a great lesson for you today. 

今天我有一堂非常棒的课。


We have an elementary lesson, which is about being in a rush and about giving directions when you’re in a car.

是关于匆忙以及在车上时给人指路的基础课程。


We’re going to listen to two friends who are getting in a car and they’re getting ready to go somewhere and they’re in a big hurry. So, let’s hurry up and listen to the dialogue. 

我们要听两个朋友在车上,他们正准备去某地,而且他们很匆忙。那么,让我们赶快来听对话吧。

「对话文本」

A: Hurry up, get in. 

快点,上车。 

B: Im in, let’s go!   

我上来了,出发吧!

A: OK, make a left here. . . no wait, I meant make a right. Come on, speed up! 

好的,这里左转......不,等下,我的意思是右转。快点,加速!

B: Geez! What’s the rush? 

天哪!你急什么? 

A: Don’t worry about it, just drive. Oh, no, the light is about to change... step on it! 

别担心,开就行。哦,不,这个信号灯马上就要变了......加大油门!!

B: Are you nuts! I’m not going to run a red light! 

你疯了吗!!我不会去闯红灯的!!

A: Whatever. Just turn right here... The freeway will be packed at this hour... Let’s take a side street. Go on! Get out of our way! Move, move! 

算了。在这右转......这个时间高速公路会水泄不通......我们走一条小路。走呀!别挡着路呀!!走开,走开!

B: What’s your problem! Geez. Having a fit is not going to help! 

你是怎么回事!天哪,这样抓狂根本无济于事啊!

A: Here, I know a shortcut...just go down here, and we’ll cut through Ashburn Heights. Let’s go, let’s go! Watch out for that lady! 

这,我知道一条近路……沿着这路往下走,我们就可以绕Ashbum Heights 走,走吧,小心那个姑娘。 

B: I’m going as fast as I can! 

我已经尽可能快了!

A: Yes! We made it. 5:58, just before the library closes. 

耶,我们到了,5点58分,在图书馆闭馆前。

B: You’re such a geek! 

你简直是个怪胎!

「重要发音技巧」

Now, I think it’s time to look at some useful pronunciation tips.

现在一起来看一下对话中实用的发音技巧。

辅元连读:
1. Come on, speed up!

对话中:Come on, speed up!     

连读分析:前一个单词词尾为辅音,后一个单词开头为元音的时候,可以做辅元连读,读为/kʌmɑːn/, /spiːdʌp/

复述:Come on, speed up!

2. made it 

对话中:We made it.    

连读分析:前一个单词词尾为辅音,后一个单词开头为元音的时候,可以做辅元连读,读为 /meɪdɪt/

复述:We made it.

「核心单词掌握」

So, moving on, we have three words for you today, three really important and useful words that we found in our dialogue. 

今天我们要来讲解对话中3个非常重要和实用的单词。

So the first word is rush.

第一个单词是 rush。

1. rush /rʌʃ/ n. 匆忙

Dialogue里面这位女士说到的这一句非常实用的表达。

例如:

  • What’s the rush?
    你急什么?
  • There’s no rush.
    不用着急。

Okay, our second word “packed”, also means crowded.

我们第二个单词packed, 也表示拥挤的

2. packed /pækt/ adj.拥挤的 

例如:

  • The restaurant is packed.
    餐厅里坐满了人。
  • It is packed at lunchtime.
    这里午餐时间非常拥挤。

So, our third word for today is shortcut.

我们今天第三个单词是shortcut。

3. shortcut /ˈʃɔːrtkʌt/ n.近路,捷径

Dialogue里面男士说到一句很实用的表达,

例如:

  • I know a shortcut.
    我知道一条近路。
  • a shortcut to success 成功的捷径
    There are no shortcuts to success.
    成功没有捷径。


「实用口语表达」

Now, let’s look at some interesting phrases. 

现在让我们来看一些有趣的短语。

Let’s start by looking at the first one – make a… 

现在让我们来看今天的第一个短语 — make a…

1. make a… 做出

In the dialogue, they say ”make a left here”.

在对话中,他们说在这里左转

And we can extend this phrase to say “make a right”. 

我们可以扩展这个短语,说向右转

That would be the equivalent of saying “turn left” or “turn right”.

那就相当于说向左转或者向右转


If you ever are in a taxi and you’re telling the taxi driver where to go, this is the perfect way: make a left here, make a right there. 

如果你在出租车上,你告诉出租车司机去哪里,这是最佳方式:在这里左转,在那里右转。

Now let's look at our second phrase and it's “speed up”. 

现在让我们看看我们第二个短语,它是speed up

2. speed up 加快 

It also means “go faster”.

也有快点的意思。

And what about the opposite? 

那反义词呢?

You might say “slow down”.

你可以说慢点

Okay, so, speed up and slow down.

所以加快和慢点。

So our third phrase is “step on it”.

所以我们第三个短语是“step on it”。

3. step on it 开快点

So, what does it mean when I tell you to step on it?

所以,当我跟你说step on it时,它指的是什么意思呢?

It means drive faster.
它表示开快点。

例如:
Step on it or we are going to be late.
开快点,否则我们就要迟到了。

Okay, let's look at our next phrase, and it's “Are you nuts?”.

我们来看下一个短语,它是“Are you nuts?”。


4. Are you nuts? 你疯了吗?

So, this is a great way of saying “Are you crazy”? 

所以,这是一种很好的表达方式,表示你疯了吗? 

So, when would we use a phrase like this? 

那么,我们什么时候会用到这样一个短语呢? 

If somebody has a bad idea that you don’t agree with, you would say “Are you crazy?” or “Are you nuts”?

如果别人有个不好的想法,你不同意,你会说:你疯了吗?你是疯了吗”?


So, I’ll give you an example, you wanna get married now? Are you nuts? You only met up three weeks ago.

举个例子,你现在想结婚?你疯了吗?你们才认识3周。 

Let's move on to our fifth phrase - Let’s take a side street.

下面我们来看今天第5个短语- Let’s take a side street。

5. Let’s take a side street. 我们走一条小巷。

Again, so, if you’re in a taxi, this is a great way to suggest a route or suggest a direction.

再说一遍,如果你在出租车上,这是建议路线的好方法, 或者建议一个方向。 


So, we can take this phrase and extend it out with a few more words. We might say “Let’s take Wilson Avenue”.

所以,我们可以把这个短语再扩展几个词。我们可以说,让我们走威尔逊大道”。

Or “Let’s take the highway”.

或者走高速 


So, let’s take a side street, let’s take Wilson Avenue, let’s take the highway.

那么,我们走一条小街,走威尔逊大道,走高速公路。

So our last phrase for today is "having a fit".

所以我们今天最后一个短语是having a fit。

6. having a fit 大发脾气

Well, this is a funny phrase and I think listening to a few examples of this phrase might help us understand its meaning a little bit better.

好的,这是个有趣的短语,我认为听几个关于这个短语的例子,也许能帮助我们更好理解它的意思。


例如:

  • My boss is going to have a fit if I don’t finish this on time.
    如果我不按时完成,我老板会大发雷霆的。
  • Oh, I almost had a fit when my boss told me I had to work this weekend.
    哦,当我老板告诉我这个周末我必须工作时,我差点大发脾气。  


Sohaving a fit means you get really angry and you can’t control your emotions.

意思是你很生气,而且你控制不了自己的情绪。

「今日所学回顾」



Now, it's time for us to review what we've learned today.

现在我们来回顾一下今天所学习的,要跟上我一起来认真回顾,思考起来。

  1. 发音重点:辅元连读

come on, speed up

made it

2. 单词重点:

rush /rʌʃ/ n. 匆忙

packed/pækt/ adj. 拥挤的

shortcut /ˈʃɔːrtkʌt/ n. 近路,捷径

3. 表达重点:

make a…做出……

speed up 加快

step on it 开快点

Are you nuts? 你疯了吗?

Let’s take a side street. 我们走一条小巷。

having a fit 大发脾气

Alright, that's all for today. Thanks for coming. Hope you enjoy today's lesson. 

    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多