分享

第40期:I'm Sorry, I Love You V 对不起,我爱你 V

 懒人英语晨读 2022-08-08 发布于上海

「晨读音频」



Hello everyone! Welcome to my channel. I'm Reevs. Good morning!
大家好,欢迎来到懒人英语晨读栏目,我是Reevs,早上好呀!

And we're going to be looking at our 5th episode of our famous love story "I'm sorry I love you".
我们要看的是著名爱情故事“对不起,我爱你”的第五集。

I don't think I can even say what's gonna happen next.
我都不知道接下来会发生什么。

And I can't preview you anything because I want to surprise you.
我不能提前预告任何东西,因为我想给你个惊喜.  

But I can tell you this what's going on.
但我可以告诉你发生了什么。

The last time we saw Ronica and Steven, they broke up, right?
上次见到罗妮卡和史蒂文时,他们分手了,对吧?

And Ronica was with her friend and feeling really terrible, and then Steven suddenly came to sing a beautiful song.
罗妮卡和她的朋友在一起,感觉很糟糕,然后史蒂文突然唱了一首动听的歌。

So this is continuing on that.
所以这还在继续。

Okay, let's go straight to the dialogue then.
好的,我们直接来听对话。

「对话文本」

A: Honey, of course I forgive you! I love you so much! I've really missed you. I was wrong to get upset over nothing.
亲爱的,我当然原谅你了!我是多么的爱你!我真的很想你。我错了,我不该无缘无故生气。

B: I'm sorry I haven't called or anything, but right after you decided you wanted a break, I was called up north to put out some major forest fires! I was in the middle of nowhere, working day and night, trying to prevent the blaze from spreading! It was pretty intense.
对不起,我没有给你打电话,也没有做什么,但在决定和你分手后,我被召集去了北边,执行扑灭一些主要森林火灾的任务!我也不知道我在哪里。没日没夜的工作,试图防止火灾蔓延!现场十分紧张,

A: Oh, honey, I'm glad you're okay! But I have some exciting news... I think I'm pregnant!
噢,亲爱的。真庆幸你好好的!但是我有一个好消息......我想我怀孕了!

B: Really? Wow, that's amazing! This is great news! I've always wanted to be a father! We'll go to the doctor first thing in the morning!
真的吗?哇,太棒了!真是个好消息!我一直想要做一个爸爸!明早的第一件事就是去看医生。

C: We have your test results back and, indeed, you are pregnant. Let's see here... everything seems to be in order. Your approximate due date is October twenty-seventh two thousand and nine, so that means that the baby was conceived on February third, two thousand and nine.
我们拿到你的检测结果,是的,你怀孕了。我看看......一切正常。你的预产期大约在2009年10月27号。这就意味着孩子是在2009年2月3号受孕的。

B: Are you sure? Are these things accurate?
你确定吗?这些数据准确吗?

C: Well, yes sir, they are.
是的先生,我们确定。

A: What's wrong? Why are you asking these questions?
怎么了?为什么问这些问题?

B: This baby isn't mine! I was away the first week of February at a training seminar!
这孩子不是我的!二月份的第一个星期,我出差去参加一个培训研讨会!

A: I... I... No, it can't be...
我......我......不......不可能......

「重要发音技巧」

Welcome back. Let's talk about some of the important pronunciation tips.
欢迎回来。我们来学习一些重要的发音技巧。

1. 失爆:haven’t called
   
弱读:or
对话中:I'm sorry I haven'
t called or anything.

失爆分析:
当两个单词相邻时,前一个单词词尾是爆破音,后一个单词开头也是爆破音的时候,这时前面的爆破音可以不用发音,直接省去。比如这里的haven't called /ˈhævntkɔːld/ (/t/为爆破音,/k/为爆破音)。所以可以读为/ˈhævnkɔːld/

弱读分析:在句子中,意思相对不重要的单词,可以进行弱读,这样发音的时候会比较省力,比如连词可以进行弱读。像这里的or /ɔːr/, 可以弱读为/ər/,/ə/发音时舌头自然放松放平在口腔。

复述:I'm sorry I haven't called or anything.

2.
弱读:and
对话中:working day
and night
弱读分析:在句子中,意思相对不重要的单词,可以进行弱读,这样发音的时候会比较省力,比如连词可以进行弱读。像这里的连词and/ænd/, 可以弱读为
/ən/,第一个/ə/发的时候,我们有说过舌头自然放松放平在口腔,第二个/n/,发的时候,舌头前侧贴到口腔上壁。

复述:working day
and night

「核心单词掌握」

All right, so more drama in our love story.

好的,我们的爱情故事又多了些戏剧性。
Things were going well, and now more bad news. Or good news. We're not sure yet.
事情进展得很顺利,但现在有了更多的坏消息。或者好消息。我们还不确定。
OK, let's take a look at the vocabulary first.
好的,让我们先来看看词汇。

Well, we're gonna looking four words now. The first one "prevent".
我们现在要看四个单词。第一个"prevent"。

1. prevent /prɪˈvent/ v. 阻止,防止

prevent sb./sth. from doing sth.
阻止某人/ 某事物做某事
像我们dialogue里面是"prevent the blaze from spreading",防止火灾蔓延,用到"prevent sth. from doing sth."。

那我们再来看一个关于"prevent sb. from doing sth."的例子:
They prevented us from winning.
他们阻碍我们获胜。


Let's look at our next word "blaze".
我们来看下一个单词"blaze"。

2. blaze /bleɪz/ n. 大火
So this noun is another word for fire. For a big fire. A really big fire.
所以这个名词是火的另一个词。意思是一场大火。一场很大的火。
So basically it's like the flame of the fire. So I think we can use some examples to show us how to use this word.
基本上就像火焰一样。所以我想我们可以用一些例子来演示如何使用这个单词。

例1:
The blaze is spreading quickly. We need to evacuate these people.
火势正在迅速蔓延,我们得疏散这些人。
例2:
We have to go in there and save those people from the blaze.
我们得进去把那些人从大火中救出来。


Okay, let's move to our third word "conceive".
好的,我们来看第三个单词"conceive"。

3. conceive /kənˈsiːv/ v. 怀孕
dialogue里面用到了
过去分词形式conceived,它的过去式也是conceived(conceive-conceived-conceived)

"Conceive" is a nice, fancy word. And what does it mean?
“conceive”是一个很好,很华丽的词。那是什么意思呢?
It means to create.
它的意思是创造。
You can
conceive a baby.
你可以怀一个宝宝。
You can
conceive an idea.
你可以设想一个想法。
So it basically means to create, most commonly with the baby.
它的意思是创造,这个单词最常见的是后面跟“孩子”。

OK, and our last word "accurate".
好的,我们的最后一个单词"accurate"。

3. accurate /ˈækjərət/ adj. 准确的
So when something is accurate, it's absolutely certain, absolutely precise.
所以当一件事是精确的,它是绝对确定的,绝对精确。
OK, let's listen to some more examples of how we can use "accurate".
好,我们再来听几个例子,看看如何使用"accurate"。

例1:

These reports are not accurate, John. We checked and discovered a lot of mistakes.
这些报告不准确,约翰。我们检查过了,发现了很多错误。
例2:
This new software helps us calculate costs in a very accurate way.
这个新软件帮助我们以非常精确的方式计算成本。



「实用口语表达」



Alright, so continuing on without drama, let's take a look at some interesting phrases.
好了,我们不带戏剧性地继续,让我们来看看一些有趣的短语。
Well, I've got three phrases for you.
我有三个短语要来给你讲解。

The first one is "the middle of nowhere".
第一个是"the middle of nowhere"。

1. the middle of nowhere 荒无人烟的地方
I think if we listen to some examples, it will help us to understand the meaning of this phrase.
我认为如果我们听一些例子,它会帮助我们理解这个短语的意思。

例1

We are in the middle of nowhere. How can we find our way back home?
我们在一个荒无人烟的地方。我们怎样才能找到回家的路呢?
例2

I was in the middle of nowhere, so I couldn't even use my mobile phone.
我在一个荒无人烟的地方,连手机都不能用。

Alright, so "middle of nowhere", it means that you are lost.
好的,那么偏僻的地方,意思是你迷路了。
You're in a place with no cities or people or anything nearby.
你在一个没有城市没有人也没有任何东西的地方。 

All right, let's take a look at our next phrase "first thing in the morning".
好的,让我们来看看我们的下一个短语"first thing in the morning"。

2. first thing in the morning 明天早上第一件事
So when we talk about the first thing, it means really, really early in the morning.
所以当我们谈论第一件事时,它指的是非常、非常早的早晨。
So I can change it a little bit and say,
first thing in the afternoon, early in the afternoon, or first thing tomorrow morning.
所以我可以稍微改变一下,然后说,下午第一件事,下午早些时候,或者明天早上第一件事。
Okay, so it's a very common way of referring to very early, really early tomorrow.

这是一种很常见的表示“非常早”的方式。

例如:
OK, I'll take care of that first thing in the morning.
好的,我明天早上第一件事就去做。

OK, let's look at our last phrase "seems to be in order".
好的,让我们看看最后一个短语"seems to be in order"。

3. seems to be in order 似乎井然有序
So everything is OK. Everything's normal. Everything seems to be normal. 
Everything looks OK.

所以一切都好,一切正常。一切似乎都很正常。一切看起来很好。

So this is a very common phrase when people check your documents or reports. They'll say, "Okay, all the papers seem to be in order."
所以当人们检查你的文件或报告时,这是一个非常常见的短语。他们会说,“好吧,所有的文件都没问题。”

Now, it's time for us to review what we've learned today.
现在我们来回顾一下今天所学习的,要跟上我一起来认真回顾,思考起来。


「今日所学回顾」



1. 发音重点:

失爆:haven't called

弱读:

   or可以弱读为/ər/

   and可以弱读为/ən/


2. 单词重点: 

prevent /prɪˈvent/ v. 阻止,防止

blaze /bleɪz/ n. 大火

conceive /kənˈsiːv/ v. 怀孕

accurate /ˈækjərət/ adj. 准确的

3. 表达重点:

the middle of nowhere 荒无人烟的地方

first thing in the morning 明天早上第一件事

    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多