分享

走遍美国12.1

 双弦灵音 2010-07-09
第十二课:You're Tops
ACT I

Is that you, Susan? 是 吗 Susan
It's me, Grandpa. 是我 爷爷。
Am I glad to see you! 我看到 真的很高兴
And am I glad to see you! 我看见你才高兴呢
I am also glad to be here. 我很高兴来这 。
How are things? 近 如何
I have been talking to a group of salesmen 我一直在与一群推销人栽 谈话
since ten this morning, 从今天上午十点起
and I'm real exhausted. 我实在是精疲力竭了。
Well, you look good. 嗯 看起来蛮好的。
What's Harry doing tonight? Harry今晚做什麽
He and Michelle 他和 Michelle
are visiting relatives in New Jersey today. 今天去 New Jersey拜访访亲戚去了
The rest of our family went to the movies. 我们家 其馀的人都去靠 电影了。
So it's just you and me, Susan. 所以 这 只有 和我 Susan。
It's nice to be alone with you, Grandpa. 很高兴单独与你在一起 爷爷。
We don't get to see enough of each other. 我们在一起的时间太少亮恕
Oh, I feel the same way, Susan. 噢 我也有同样的感受 Susan。
I miss seeing you. 我很想见到 。
But to tell the truth, 但是 老实说
next time 下一次
I'd like to go into the city and meet you there, 我想到城 看
instead of you coming here. 而不是 到这 来
You don't need to do that, Grandpa. 你不用这样 爷爷。
Yeah, I do. 不 我要这样。
I need to get out more. 我需要多出门去。
Well, I mean 我的意思是
there's a lot to do around the house, 这屋 有很多事可做
and I love being here with the family, 而我也喜欢和家人在一破稹
you know, 知道的
but I'm restless. 但我闲不住。
Since I retired, 自从我退休以後
I've got extra time on my hands. 我有过多空闲时间。
I understand, Grandpa. 我能体会 爷爷。
I think you do. 我想 能体会。
Frankly, 坦白地说
I'd like to use my brain a little more. 我想多用用我的脑子。
Grandpa, 爷爷
you have so much energy and so many years of experience. 你精力这麽好 又有这鼢 多年的经验。
There are probably a lot of places for you to work 也许有很多地方可以让哪 去工作。
Particularly in the construction field. 特别是在营造界。
But at my age, 但是 像我这般年纪
I'm not looking for a full-time job. 我不会去找一个上全天鞍 的工作。
I'm retired. 我退休了。
But I'm bored. 但我感到无聊。
Well, there must be something. 嗯 一定可以找到事做
Maybe I can help. 也许我能帮忙。
Let's go into the kitchen, 我们到厨房去
and maybe you can help me set the table. 也许 能帮我摆桌子。
Sounds good to me. 我来。
What are we having? 我们吃些什麽
I prepared lamb chops, 我准备了羊肉
mashed potatoes, and a tossed green salad to begin with. 马铃薯泥 还有蔬菜沙 拉当头道菜。
Grandpa, you are a terrific guy! 爷爷 你真了不起
You're still thinking about something to do, aren't you? 你还在想要找点事做 适锹
A job of some kind. 找点工作。
That's right. 是的。
I've been thinking about it for weeks now. 为这事我想了几个星期
There must be some way to put my mind to good use. 总会有办法让我发挥才种恰
We'll find a solution. 我们会找到解决的办法
A positive solution 一个好法子
to your finding a way to use that wonderful mind of yours. 能够让你施展你的学识

 


 

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多