MouseHappy / 英语对话 / 英语脱口秀 六 (英中双语)

分享

   

英语脱口秀 六 (英中双语)

2011-10-19  MouseHappy
镜中少女
流利英语脱口出

  How to Say It
  
  1.Constructive criticism 建设性的批评(意见)
  A: I like constructive criticism.我喜欢建设性的批评。
  B: Me too.我也是。
  A: But what is often labeled constructive criticism may actually be destructive jealousy.
  但往往,标着所谓建设性意见的标牌,实际却是出于非常具有破坏性的嫉妒。
  B: I agree, since the easiest way to raise our own status is to bring someone else down.
  我同意,因为抬高我们自己最容易的办法,似乎就是去贬低别人。
  
  2.Up and about (病人)已能起床走动
  A: Sorry I wasn’t able to attend your party last week,my wife was in hospital.
  抱歉我上周没去参加你的聚会,我太太住院了。
  B: Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. How is she now?
  哦,真为你难过。她现在怎样了?
  A: She’s had a little surgery and is not up and about again.
  她动了个小手术,现在已经能起床走动了。
  B: Thank God!
  感谢上帝!
  
  3.Hands-on 通过亲身经历得来的经验
  A: What are you going to do during the summer holiday?
  你暑假打算做什么?
  B: I will have a work placement with Bank of Scotland.
  我将去苏格兰银行实习。
  A: Fantastic!
  真是太棒了!
  B: Yes, that will give me some hands-on experience.
  是啊,我能获得一些实际的经验。
  
  4.I’ve been there. 我也有过这样的经历
  A: Hi, Susan, how are you doing recently?
  嗨,苏珊,你最近过得怎么样?
  B: Not too good, I am afraid. It is so hard to forget Tom.
  不太好。我真的很难忘记汤姆。
  A: Believe me, I understand how you feel. I’ve been there. It takes me a long time to get over my failed relationship.
  相信我,我理解你的感受。我也曾有过类似的经历。我也是花了很久才从那段失败的感情中走出来的。
  B: It still hurt so much even though it’s been two months since we separated.
  我们都分手两个月了,可是我仍然感到这么 难受。
  
  5. Choicest gifts 最精选的礼物
  A: You birthday is coming!
  你生日快到了!
  B: Yes, I am so looking forward to it.
  是啊,我好期待哦。
  A: I have prepared some choicest gifts for you.
  我已经准备了最精选的礼物给你。
  B: Wow, cannot wait!
  哇,简直迫不及待了!
  
  6. Try one’s patience 考验某人的耐心
  A: Mum, I want that doll!
  妈妈,我想要那个娃娃!
  B: No, dear, you’ve already had one, so we cannot buy it.
  不行亲爱的,你已经有一个了,所以我们不能再买了。
  A: But this one is different! I like it!
  但这个不同,我喜欢它!
  B: I’ve said “no”! Please don’t try my patience.
  我已经说了“不”,请不要考验我的耐心。
  
  7.Gather dust 积了灰尘
  A: What are you reading?
  你在读什么?
  B: An old book that I found sitting on my father’s bookshelf and gathering dust.
  一本老书,我在我老爸书架上发现的,它已经待那里积了很多灰尘了。
  A: Is it interesting?
  它有趣吗?
  B: Yes, very.
  是啊,非常有趣。
  
  8. Set aside time to do sth. 拨时间来做某事
  A: Do you enjoy reading?
  你喜欢阅读吗?
  B: Yes, it is a vital part of my life.
  是啊,它是我生活的一部分。
  A: Me too.
  我也是。
  B: I set aside time to read everyday no matter how busy or tired I am.
  每天不论多忙多累,我一定拨些时间来进行阅读。

      作者:佚名  海外英语 07年9期 

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多
    喜欢该文的人也喜欢 更多

    ×
    ×

    ¥.00

    微信或支付宝扫码支付:

    开通即同意《个图VIP服务协议》

    全部>>