分享

跟《泰坦尼克号》学地道口语表达:自以为是

 MOGU_YAN 2014-01-13

地道表达:You are rude and uncouth and presumptuous. 你非常无礼而且自以为是。

露丝来感谢杰克,无意间说起了自己即将嫁给卡尔的迷茫和无助。杰克问露丝爱不爱卡尔,露丝觉得一个不认识她的人问这种问题非常无礼。
16

对白原文:

Jack:Do you love him?
你爱不爱他? 
  
Rose:Pardon me?
什么?

Jack:Do you love him?
你爱不爱他?

Rose:You're being very rude. You shouldn't be asking me this.
你真没礼貌,怎么可以这样问我? 
 
Jack:Well, it's a simple question. Do you love the guy or not?
这问题很简单,你爱不爱他?

Why can't you just answer the question?
就回答我的问题啊。  

Rose:This is not a suitable conversation.
我们不应该谈论此事。 
 
This is absurd. You don't know me, and I don't know you.
这太荒唐了!你我根本不认识。
  
and we are not having this conversation at all.
我们没什么好谈的了。 
 
You are rude and uncouth and presumptuous and I am leaving now.
你非常无礼而且自以为是,我要走了。 
 
Jack. Mr. Dawson, it's been a pleasure.
杰克,道森先生,真是幸会。

Jack:And you've insulted me.
而你却把我辱骂了一顿。

地道表达:You are rude and uncouth and presumptuous. 你非常无礼而且自以为是。presumptuous 自以为是的,专横的,冒失的。例如:It is too presumptuous of him to do so. 他这样做太放肆了。/It was presumptuous of him to take charge. 他自拿主张,太放肆了。

美剧《欲望都市》中也有一段对白是关于“自以为是”的,场景如下:

Admit it! You were being very judgmental.
承认吧,你很自以为是。

I'm dripping all over my bathroom and you're calling me judgmental.
我的头发正在滴水,而你却说我自以为是。

“自以为是”的其他表达方法:

1)Get over yourself. 别自以为是。

Get over yourself! This is a very professional and serious competition. You could never win!
少臭美啊!这是个很严肃的专业比赛,你不可能赢的啊!

2)Flatter yourself. 奉承自己,自以为是

I am SOOOOO good at singing! 我唱歌很很很很很好听!!!

Whenever I sing in public, I always attract an audience. 每当我在公众场合唱歌的时候,我都会吸引来很多观众!

Here we go again… 又来了。。

This is true! I'm that good! 这是真的!我就是唱得这么好!

Don't flatter yourself!你别自以为是了!

502
43

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多