分享

每日一分钟 | This woman is a brick wall.

 hercules028 2019-08-26
今天的俚语是This woman is a brick wall.,片段来自电影《 Night School(夜校)》。

剧情简介:

一群惹事生非的学生被迫去夜校学习,希望能通过GED考试测验以获得高中文凭,却遇上了一位非常严肃的女教师......

Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.

欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教你在电影中听到的美式英语。
This saying today is from the comedy 'Night School'.
今天的用语出自喜剧《夜校》。
It is about a group of adults who never completed high school.
这部电影是关于一群没有完成高中学业的成年人的故事。
Their lives have not turned out well, so they take a special class to earn their high school diplomas.
他们的生活过得并不如意,所以他们参加了一项特殊课程,来获得他们的高中文凭。
But they are surprised by how serious their teacher is.
但是他们对自己的老师如此严肃感到很吃惊。
Listen for the phrase 'this woman is a brick wall'.
留意听一下this woman is a brick wall这个短语。
(satrt)
She's not like the teachers that we had back in the day.
她和我们以前的老师不一样。
This woman is a brick wall.
这个女人简直顽固不化。
School policy: If you don't pass that test, you're out.
学校规定:如果你考试不及格,就会被开除。
We're gonna have to steal the test. Really? What?
我们要去偷考试试卷。真的吗?什么?
Why didn't you wear black?
为什么你不穿黑色的衣服?
Laundry day.
洗衣日。
So you wore yellow?
所以你就穿黄色的?
It's fresh! It's clean!
这衣服很新的!很干净!
Get your arm out of my face.
把你的胳膊从我脸上挪开。
(end)
So what do you think of 'this woman is a brick wall' means?
那么你认为this woman is a brick wall是什么意思呢?
Is it: this woman is cruel, even if you want to succeed or this woman stays strong, even under pressure?
是:即使你想成功,这个女人也很冷酷;还是说这个女人即使在压力下也很坚强?
Listen again, did you have the right answer?
再听一遍,你答对了吗?
(重复对话)
'This woman is a brick wall' means this woman stays strong, even under pressure.
This woman is a brick wall的意思是这个女人即使在压力下也很坚强。
In this movie, the teacher is tough, but commit to helping her students graduate, no matter what it takes.
在这部电影中,这位老师很严厉,但不管付出什么代价,她都要帮助学生毕业。
And that is English @ the Movies.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》。

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多