分享

你们要的全英文版《后浪》来啦!

 昵称33542116 2020-05-07
专注提升国际表达力


这是Jessica的第25篇文章


写在前面的话


前天收到了很多小伙伴的私信
说很希望我出一个
《后浪》的英文版

所以我立刻安排
终于在今天趁热做好了
特别感谢
王鲁迪和Claude(加拿大)
提供的帮助!

如果视频中有
翻译不到位的地方
还请大家多多包涵
多提宝贵意见!


New Wave

后 浪

(时长3分36秒,建议全屏观看)

中英文演讲稿

New Wave

《后 浪》

| 演讲者:刘洁 Jessica Liu      | 翻译:王鲁迪      
| 校对:Claude Lorrain-Bouchard(加拿大)
| 背景音乐:The Ludlows |  视频素材来自B站

* 以下加粗部分欢迎酌情背诵

那些口口声声“一代不如一代”的人 

Those who said 'Each generation is worse than the last'

应该看看你们

should look at you

就像我一样

just like me

我看着你们满怀羡慕

I stare at you, full of envy

人类积攒了几千年的财富

All the wealth accumulated by mankind for thousands of years

所有的知识、见识、智慧和艺术

All the knowledge, insights, wisdom and arts

像是专门为你们准备的礼物

are like well-prepared gifts just for you

科技繁荣,文化繁茂,城市繁华

Technologies are booming, culture is flourishing, cities are prospering

现代文明的成果被层层打开

The achievements of modern civilization are being unfolded layer after layer

可以尽情享用

so you can enjoy them to the fullest

自由学习一门语言一门手艺

Feel free to learn a new language or a new skill

欣赏一部电影去遥远的地方旅行

Enjoy a movie or travel to a distant destination

从小你们就在自由探索自己的兴趣

You’ve been exploring your interests since you were children

很多人在童年就进入了不惑之年

Many of you clearly knew what you wanted in your childhood

不惑于自己喜欢什么不喜欢什么

You knew exactly what you liked or disliked

人与人之间的壁垒被打破

Barriers between people are broken down

你们只凭相同的爱好

Just by sharing the same interests

就能结交千万个值得干杯的朋友

you can make thousands of friends worthy of a toast.

你们拥有了我们曾经梦寐以求的权利

Now you have the rights we’ve always dreamed of

选择的权利

That is the right to choose

你所热爱的就是你的生活

Your life is all about what you love.

你们有幸遇见这样的时代

You are fortunate to be born in this era

但时代更有幸遇见这样的你们

But this era is more fortunate as it has young people like you

我看着你们满怀敬意

I stare at you, full of respect

向你们的专业态度致敬

I Respect your professional attitude

你们正在把传统的变成现代的

You are turning the traditional into the modern

把经典的变成流行的

the classic into the popular

把学术的变成大众的

the academic into the public

把民族的变成世界的

the national into the international

你们把自己的热爱

You’ve made your passion 

变成了一个和成千上万的人分享快乐的事业

into careers that shares happiness with tens of thousands of people

向你们的自信致敬

I respect your confidence

弱小的人才习惯嘲讽和否定

Only the weak tend to ridicule and deny the others.

而内心强大的人从不吝啬赞美和鼓励

Those who have a strong mind generously offer their praise and encouragements.

向你们的大气致敬

I respect your generosity 

小人同而不和

Only the small-minded man aims at uniformity but not at harmony.

君子美美与共和而不同

While the gentlemen can appreciate differences and aim at harmony

年轻的身体容得下更多元的文化审美和价值观

Young people can appreciate diversity in culture, aesthetics and values

有一天我终于发现

One day I finally realized

不只是我们在教你们如何生活

As we are trying to teach you how to live your lives.

你们也在启发我们怎样去更好的生活

You are also inspiring us to live better lives.

那些抱怨“一代不如一代的人”

Those who complain that 'Each generation is worse than the last'

应该看看你们

should look at you

就像我一样

just like me

我看着你们满怀感激

I stare at you, full of gratitude

因为你们这个世界会更喜欢中国

Because of you, the world will like China even more.

因为一个国家最好看的风景

Because the best scenery in a country

就是这个国家的年轻人

is its young people

因为你们这世上的小说电影音乐中表现的青春

Because of you, the youth reflected in the novels, movies and music

不再是忧伤迷茫

are no longer sad or confused

而是善良勇敢无私无所畏惧

but kind, brave, selfless and fearless

是心里有火眼里有光

Fire is burning in your hearts, and light is shining in your eyes

不用活成我们想象中的样子

You don't need to be what we want you to be

我们这一代的想象力

Because your future

不足以想象你们的未来

will be far beyond our imagination

如果你们依然需要我们的祝福

If you still need our wishes

那么

Well then

奔涌吧后浪

Surge on, young generations!

我们在同一条奔涌的河流

As we are in the same surging river. 

*需要下载文字稿的童鞋

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多