分享

勇于接受自己的不完美|文化外刊

 英语时代 2021-04-06
Self- acceptance is recognizing that "who I am is okay."
自我接纳就是要认识到“我并不差劲”。
Many people, especially those who are conscientious and internally motivated,
许多人,特别是那些有责任心和内在动机的人,
have an ideal in mind of who they are supposed to be or what an ideal person is like.
都有自己对理想人格的看法,他们知道自己想要成为什么样的人。
Your list may include being intelligent,
你理想中的自己可能具备以下特质:聪明、


slim, kind, charming, trustworthy, friendly, young, courageous, frugal, exciting, well- groomed, cheerful, wise, a good conversationalist, witty, loving;
苗条、善良、迷人、值得信赖、友好、年轻、勇敢、节俭、令人兴奋、仪容整洁、开朗、睿智、健谈、机智、有爱心。
the list can go on and on.
这个清单可以一直列下去。
The problem occurs when we accept the belief that we must measure up to this idealized self in order to be a worthy human being.
然而问题往往会伴随着这样的一种信念出现:为了成为-个有价值的人,我们必须达到这个理想化的自我。
We then strive to become this person by attempting to be more or better or different.
通过挖掘更多的特质,变得更好、更与众不同,我们努力地向理想人格靠近。


Inevitably, we fall short of our ideal.
然而不可避免地,我们无法成为理想的自我。
As a result, we feel inadequate and guilty which only further increases our desire to attain this idealized self.
这让我们感到不满足和内疚,并且进一步增强我们实现这个理想化自我的欲望。
And around and around we go, always striving yet never fully arriving.
我们周而复始地尝试,一直在努力,但从未完全到达。
The culprit is not striving or improving.
罪魁祸首不是我们的努力,


It is the harsh judgments that we inflict upon ourselves whenever we fail to measure up to our ideal.
而是当我们无法达到理想标准时强加给自己的苛刻评价。
The cycle becomes a never-ending whirl that repeatedly sweeps us through doubts and guilt and unreasonable expectations and wasted effort,
这种循环变成了一个永无止尽的漩涡,怀疑、内疚、不合理的期望和无用的努力席卷了我们,
but fails to help us find inner peace and joy.
却无法让我们找到内心的平静和快乐。
The way out of the cycle is the willingness, even courage to be imperfect.
摆脱这种循环的方法是我们接受自己的不完美的意愿乃至勇气。


We are far from perfect with plenty of faults and weaknesses.
我们远非完美无缺,有很多缺点和弱点。
So don't withhold love from ourselves until some magical, mystical moment when we finally arrive at perfection.
因此,在那个神秘、奇妙的时候一也就是我们达到完美的时候来临之前,请不要吝啬对自己的爱。
It won't happen in this lifetime.
因为我们的一生中等不到这一刻。
Far more important is to come from a deep and abiding knowledge that it is good to be you and that you are okay in spite of your imperfections.
更重要的是要深刻、持久地认识到,做自己就好。尽管你有缺陷,但你就是最好的自己。


All in all, Self-acceptance is your willingness to meet life the way it is right now
总而言之,自我接纳就是愿意接受现在的自己,
and the way you are right now, and to do it by your own choice.
按照现在的方式来生活,并能做出自己的选择。

    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多