分享

葡萄牙人十四行诗(中、英文)(三)

 浮生半日苑 2013-10-15

TO Y.H.

葡萄牙人十四行诗(中、英文)(三)

勃朗宁夫人

 

 

 

*31.EEB

勃朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第三十一首

 

你来了!还没开口,心意都表明了。

Thou comest! all is said without a word.

我坐在你的容光下,象沐浴在阳光中的

I sit beneath thy looks, as children do

婴孩,那闪烁的眸子无声地泄露了

In the noon-sun, with souls that tremble through

颤动在那颗小心里的无比的喜悦。

Their happy eyelids from an unaverred

看哪,我这最后的疑虑是错了!

Yet prodigal inward joy. Behold, I erred

可是我不能只埋怨自己,你想,

In that last doubt! and yet I cannot rue

这是怎样的情景,怎样的时辰?

The sin most, but the occasion ... that we two

这一刻,我俩竞轻易地并站在一起。

Should for a moment stand unministered

啊,靠近我,让我挨着你吧;当我

By a mutal presence. Ah, keep near and close,

涌起了疑虑,你宽坦的心胸给我

Thou dove-like help! and, when my fears would rise,

清澈而温柔的慰抚;用你崇高的

With thy broad heart serenely interpose.

光辉来孵育我那些思念吧;失了

Brood down with thy divine sufficiencies

你的庇护,它们就要战栗--就象

These thoughtswhich tremble when berest of those,

那羽翼未丰的小鸟给撇下在天空里。

Like callow birds left desert to the skies.

 

 

 

*32.EEB

勃朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第三十二首

 

当金黄的太阳升起来,第一次照上

The first time that the sun rose on thine oath  

你爱的盟约,我就预期着明月

To love me, I looked forward to the moon

来解除那情结、系的太早太急。

To slacken all those bonds which seemed too soon

我只怕爱的容易、就容易失望,

And quickly tied to make a lasting troath.

引起悔心。再回顾我自己,我哪象

Quick-loving hearts, I thought, may quickly loathe;

让你爱慕的人!--却象一具哑涩

And, looking on myself, I seemed not one

破损的弦琴、配不上你那么清澈

For such man's love! -- more like an out-of-tune

美妙的歌声!而这琴,匆忙里给用上,

Worn voil, a good singer would be wroth

一发出沙沙的音,就给恼恨地

To spoil his song with, and which, snatched in haste,

扔下。我这么说,并不曾亏待

Is laid down at the first ill-sounding note.

自己,可是我冤了你。在乐圣的

I did not wrong myself so, but I placed

手里,一张破琴也可以流出完美

A wrong on _thee_. For perfect strains may float

和谐的韵律;而凭一张弓,真诚的

'Neath master-hands, from instruments defaced, --

灵魂,可以在勒索、也同时在溺爱。

And great souls, at one stroke, may do and dote. 

 

 

 

*33.EEB

勃朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第三十三首

 

对啦,叫我的小名儿呀!让我再听见

Yes, call me by my pet-name! let me hear

我一向飞奔著去答应的名字--那时,

The name I used to run at, when a child

还是个小女孩,无忧无虑,沉浸于

From innocent play, and leave the cowslips piled,

嬉戏,偶尔从一大堆野草野花间

To glance up in some face that proved me dear

抬起头来,仰望那用和蔼的眼

With the look of its eyes. I miss the clear

抚爱我的慈颜。我失去了那仁慈

Fond voices which, being drawn and reconciled

亲切的呼唤,那灵衬给我的是

Into the music of Heaven's undefiled,

一片寂静,任凭我高呼著上天,

Call me no longer. Silence on the bier,

那慈声归入了音乐华严的天国。

While I call God ... call God! -- So let thy mouth

让你的嘴来承继那寂灭的清音。

Be heir to those who are now exanimate.

采得北方的花,好完成南方的花束,

Gather the north flowers to complete the south,

在迟暮的岁月里赶上早年的爱情。

And catch the early love up in the late.

对啦,叫我的小名儿吧,我,就随即

Yes, call me by that name, -- and I, in truth,

答应你,怀著当初一模样的心情。

With the same heart, will answer and not wait.

 

 

 

*34.EEB

勃朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第三十四首

 

怀著当初一模样的心情,我说,

With the same heart, I said, I'll answer thee

我要答应你,当你叫我的小名。

As those, when thou shalt call me by my name --

唉,这分明是空的愿心!我的心

Lo, the vain promise! Is the same, the same,

还能是一模样--饱受了人生的磨折?

Perplexed and ruffled by life's strategy?

从前,我听得一声喊,就扔下花束,

When called before, I told how hastily

要不,从游戏里跳起,奔过去答应,

I dropped my flower or brake off from a game,

一路上都是我的笑容笑声在致敬,

To run and answer with the smile that came

眼星里还闪烁著方才那一片欢乐。

At play last moment, and went on with me

现在我应你,我舍下一片沉重的

Through my obedience. When I answer now,

忧思,从孤寂里惊起。可是,我的心

I drop a grave thought, break from solitude;

还是要向你飞奔,你不是我一种的

Yet still my heart goes to thee ... ponder how ...

善,而是百善所钟!我最可爱的人,

Not as to a single good, but all my good!

你把手按著我的心口,同意吗:孩童的

Lay thy hand on it, best one, and allow

小脚从没跑得这么快--象这血轮。

That no child's foot could run fast as this blood.

 

 

 

*35.EEB

勃朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第三十五首

 

要是我把一切都交给你,你可愿意

If I leave all for thee, wilt thou exchange

作为交换,把什么都归给我?

And be all to me? Shall I never miss

我可是永不会缺少家常的谈笑、

Home-talk and blessing and the common kiss

互酬接吻、彼此的祝福?也不会

That comes to each in turn, nor count it strange,

感到生疏、当我抬起头来打量

When I look up, to drop on a new range

新的墙壁和地板--家以外另一个家?

Of walls and floors, ... another home than this?

不,我还要问,你可愿顶替那一双

Nay, wilt thou fill that place by me which is

瞑合了的柔眼在我身旁留下的位置

Filled by dead eyes too tender to know change?

而一样地不懂得变心?这可是难!

That's hardest. If to conquer love, has tried,

征服爱如果费事,征服怨,那就更难。

To conquer grief, tries more ... as all things prove,

怨是,爱不算,再得加上个怨。我的怨,

For grief indeed s love and grief beside.

唉,那么深,就那么不轻易爱。可是,

Alas, I have grieved so I am hard to love.

你依然爱我--你愿?敞开些你的心,

Yet love me -- wilt thou? Open thine heart wide,

好让你那羽翼湿透的鸽子扑进来!

And fold within, the wet wings of thy dove.

 

 

 

*36.EEB

勃朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第三十六首

 

当初我俩相见、一见而倾心的时光,

When we met first and loved, I did not build

我怎敢在这上面,建起大理石宫殿,

Upon the event with marble. Could it mean

难道这也会久长--那来回摇摆在

To last, a love set pendulous between

忧伤与忧伤间的爱?不,我害怕,

Sorrow and sorrow? Nay, I rather thrilled,

我信不过那似乎浮泛在眼前的

Distrusting every light that seemed to gild

一片金光,不敢伸出手指去碰一下。

The onward path, and feared to overlean

到后来才坦然、坚定了;可我又觉得,

A finger even. And, though I have grown serene

上帝总该另有恐惧安排在后面。。。。。。

And strong since then, I think God has willed

爱啊,要不然,这双紧握著的手

A still renewable fear ... O love, O troth ...

就不会接触;这热热的亲吻,一旦

Lest these enclasped hands should never hold,

从嘴唇上冷却了,何以不变成虚文?

This mutual kiss drop down between us both

爱情啊,你快变了心吧!要是命运

As an unowned thing, once the lips being cold.

这样注定:他,为了信守一个盟誓

And Love, be false! if _he_, too keep one oath,

就非得拿牺牲一个喜悦作代价。

Must lose one joy, by his life's star foretold.

 

 

 

*37.EEB

勃朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第三十七首

 

原谅我,啊,请原谅吧,并非我无知,

Pardon, oh, pardon, that my soul should make

不明白一切德性全归于你、属于你;

Of all that strong divineness which I know

可是,你在我心里构成的形象,

For thine and thee, an image only so

却就象一堆虚浮不实的泥沙!

Formed of the sand, and fit to shift and break.

是那年深月久的孤僻,象遭了

It is that distant years which did not take

当头一棒,从你面前尽往后缩,

Thy sovranty [1], recoiling with a blow,

迫使我眩晕的知觉涌起了疑虑和

Have forced my swimming brain to undergo

恐惧,盲目地舍弃了你纯洁的面目,

Their doubt and dread, and blindly to forsake

最崇高的爱给我歪曲成最荒谬的

Thy purity of likeness and distort

形状。就象一个沉了船的异教徒,

Thy worthiest love to a worthless counterfeit.

安然脱险,上了岸,酬谢保佑他的

As if a shipwrecked Pagan, safe in port,

海神,献上了一尾木雕的海豚--

His guardian sea-god to commemorate,

那两腮呼呼作响、尾巴掀起了

Should set a sculptured porpoise, gills a snort

怒浪的庞大的海族--在庙宇的门墙内。

And vibrant tail, within the temple-gate.

 

[1] sovranty = sovereignty

 

 

 

*38.EEB

勃朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第三十八首

 

第一次他亲我,他只是亲了一下

First time he kissed me, he but only kissed

在写这诗篇的手,从此我的手就越来

The fingers of this hand wherewith I write;

越白净晶莹,不善作世俗的招呼,

And ever since, it grew more clean and white, ...

而敏于呼召:“啊,快听哪,快听

Slow to the world-greetings, quick with its `Oh, list,'

天使在说话哪!”即使在那儿戴上一个

When the angels speak. A ring of amethyst

紫玉瑛戒指,也不会比那第一个吻

I could not wear here, plainer to my sight,

在我的眼里显现得更清楚。

Than that first kiss. The second passed in height

第二个吻,就往高处升,它找到了

The first, and sought the forehead, and half missed,

前额,可是偏斜了一些,一半儿

Half falling on the hair. O beyond meed!

印在发丝上。这无比的酬偿啊,

That was the chrism of love, which love's own crown

是爱神擦的圣油!--先于爱神的

With sanctifying sweetness, did precede.

华美的皇冠。那第三个,那么美妙,

The third upon my lips was folded down

正好按在我嘴唇上,从此我就

In perfect, purple state; since when, indeed,

自傲,敢于呼唤:“爱,我的爱!”

 

 

 

*39.EEB

勃朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第三十九首

 

 为着你的魄力和盛德--你那样

 Because thou hast the power and own'st the grace

 犀利地望着我,通过我那给泪雨

 To look through and behind this mask of me,

 冲洗得成了灰白的面具、照彻了

 ( Against which, years have beat thus blanchingly

 我灵魂的真实面目(灰暗疲乏的

 With their rains, ) and behold my soul's true face,

 人生的证明!)也为着你只知道忠诚,

 The dim and weary witness of life's race! --

 只知道爱,只是朝我看,通过我那

 Because thou hast the faith and love to see,

 麻木的灵魂,看到了那忍耐的天使

 Through that same soul's distracting lethargy,

 一心期待着天堂里的位置;又为着

 The patient angel waiting for a place

 无论是罪恶、是哀怨、甚至上帝的谴责,

 In the new heavens! -- Because nor sin nor woe,

 死神的逼近的威胁--不管这一切,

 Nor God's infliction, nor death's neighbourhood,

 叫人们一看就掉首而去,叫自己

 Nor all which others viewing, turn to go, ...

 想着都厌恶。。。却没什么能吓退你;

 Nor all which makes me tired of all, self-viewed, ...

 亲爱的,那你教我吧,教我怎么样

 Nothing repels thee, ... Dearest, teach me so

 把感激尽量倾吐,正象你把恩惠布施。

 To pour out gratitude, as thou dost, good.

 

 

 

*40.EEB

勃朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第四十首

 

是啊,咱们这世道,谈情说爱,多的是!

Oh, yes! They love through all this world of ours!

我不想问:真有爱这回事吗?有就有吧--

I will not gainsay love, called love forsooth.

从小,我就听惯了人们嘴里的“爱”,

I have heard love talked in my early youth,

直到才不久--那会儿采来的鲜花

And since, not so long back but that the flowers

香味还没散呢。不管是回教徒、“外教徒”,

Then gathered, smell still. Mussulmans and Giaours

笑一笑,手绢儿就摔过来;可是一哭,

Throw kerchiefs at a smile, and have no ruth

谁也不理了。“独眼龙”的白牙齿咬不紧

For any weeping. Polypheme's white tooth

硬果子,假使淋过了几阵骤雨,

Slips ib the nut if, after frequent showers,

果壳变得滑溜溜--从没想把这称做

The shell is over-smooth, -- and not so much

“爱”的东西,也跟他们的“恨”、以至

Will turn the thing called love, aside to hate

跟“淡漠”并列。可是你,亲爱的,你不是

Or else to oblivion. But thou art not such

那样的情人!你从那哀怨和疾病里

A lover, my Beloved! Thou canst wait

伺候了过来,教心灵终于接通了心灵,

Through sorrow and sickness, to bring souls to touch

人家会嫌“太晚”了,而你想还没想到。

And think it soon when others cry `Too late.'

 

 

 

*41.EEB

勃朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第四十一首

 

我满怀着感激和爱,向凡是在心里

I thank all who have loved me in their hearts,

爱过我的人们道谢。深深的感谢啊,

With thanks and love from mine. Deep thanks to all

好心的人们,打牢墙外经过,驻足

Who paused a little near the prison-wall

听取我三两声稍微响亮些的音乐,

To hear my music in its louder parts

这才继续赶路,奔赴市场或是圣殿、

Ere they went onward, each one to the mart's

各自的前程,再无从召唤。可是你,

Or temple's occupation, beyond call.

当我的歌声低落了、接不上了,代之以

But thou, who, in my voice's sink and fall

哭泣,你却叫神的最尊贵的乐器

When the sob took it, thy divinest Art's

掉在脚下,倾听我那夹杂在泪珠里的

Own instrument didst drop down at thy foot

怨声。。。啊,指点我,该怎么报答

To harken what I said between my tears, ...

你的恩情吧!怎么能把这一片

Instruct me how to thank thee! -- Oh, to shoot

回旋荡漾的情意奉献给未来的

My soul's full meaning into future years,

岁月,由它来给我表白,向耐久的

That _they_ should lend it utterance, and salute

爱情致敬,凭着那短暂的人生!

Love that endures, from Life that disappears!

 

 

 

*42.EEB

勃朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第四十二首

 

“未来啊,任你怎样临摹,也描不成

`_My future will not copy fair my past_' --

我过去的样本了,”我曾这么写过,

I wrote that once; and think at my side

以为守护在我身畔的天使会同意

My ministerig life-angel justified

这话,把仰天呼吁的眼光瞥向那

The word by his appealing look upcast

高踞玉座的上帝。待我回过头来,

To the white throne of God, I turned at last,

看见的却是你,还有你我的天使

And there, instead , saw thee, not unallied

结伴在一起!一向为哀怨、病痛

To angels in thy soul! Then I, long tried

所折磨的我,就把幸福抱得那么紧。

By natural ills, received the comfort fast,

一见了你,我那朝拜的手杖

While budding, at thy sight, my pilgrim's staff

抽了芽、发出了绿叶,承受着

Gave out green leaves with morning dews impearled.

清晨的露珠。如今,我再不追寻

I seek no copy now of life's first half:

我生命中前半的样本,让那些反复

Leave here the pages with long musing curled,

吟叹、卷了角的书页放过在一边,

And write me new my future's epigraph,

我给我重写出新的一章生命!

New angel mine, unhoped for in the world!

 

 

 

*43.EEB

勃朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第四十三首

 

我是怎样地爱你?让我逐一细算。

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

我爱你尽我的心灵所能及到的

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height

深邃、宽广、和高度--正象我探求

My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight

玄冥中上帝的存在和深厚的神恩。

For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.

我爱你的程度,就象日光和烛焰下

I love thee to the level of everyday's

那每天不用说得的需要。我不加思虑地

Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.

爱你,就象男子们为正义而斗争;

I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;

我纯洁地爱你,象他们在赞美前低头。

I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.

我爱你以我童年的信仰;我爱你

I love thee with the passion put to use

以满怀热情,就象往日满腔的辛酸;

In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith

我爱你,抵得上那似乎随着消失的圣者

I love thee with a love I seemed to lose

而消逝的爱慕。我爱你以我终生的

With my lost saints, -- I love thee with the breath,

呼吸,微笑和泪珠--假使是上帝的

Smiles, tears, and all my life -- and, if God choose,

意旨,那么,我死了我还要更加爱你!

I shall but love thee better after death.

 

 

 

*44.EEB

勃朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第四十四首

 

亲爱的,你从一整个夏天到冬天,

Beloved, thou hast brought me many flowers

从园子里采集了那么多的花

Plucked in the garden, all the summer through

送给我;而这幽闭的小室里,它们

And winter, and it seemed as if they grew

继续生长,仿佛并不缺少阳光和

In this close room, nor missed the sun and showers.

雨水的滋养。那么同样地凭着

So, in the like name of that love of ours,

这爱的名义--那爱是属于我俩的,

Take back these thoughts which here unfold too,

也请收下了我的回敬;那在热天,

And which on warm and cold days I withdrew

在冷天,发自我心田的情思的花朵。

From my heart's ground. Indeed, those beds and bowers

不错,在我那园圃里确是长满着

Be overgrown with bitter weeds and rue,

野草和苦艾,有待于你来耘除;

Instruct thine eyes to keep their colours true,

向你自己说,它们的根都埋在我的深心。

And tell thy soul, their roots are left in mine.

And wait thy weeding; yet here's eglantine,

可这儿也有白玫瑰,也有常春藤!

Here's ivy! -- take them, as I used to do

请收下吧,就象我惯常接受你的花。

Thy flowers, and keep them where they shall not pine.

好生地护养着,别让它褪落了颜色。

 

 

 

 

 

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多