分享

每日地道英语口语表达~

 昵称2530266 2015-12-09



1. a close call 真悬。


I almost got hit by a car on my way to work. It was a close call.

我上班路上差点被车撞了,真悬。

He tripped and fell on the ice. Fortunately he only strained his angle. It was a close call.

他在冰上滑倒,好在只是脚脖子崴了,真悬。


2. when all is said and done 归根结底。


When all is said and done, the movie is not that bad.

总的说,这电影没那么烂。

When all is said and done, we have a deadline to meet.

说到底,我们要赶最后期限。

When all is said anddone, this has been a good year.

总的说,今年还不错。


3. cut-off date 截止日期。


The cut-off date for sending in your application is this Friday.

递交申请的截止日期是这周五。

cut-off time 截止时间。

For domestic flights, the cut-off time for checking in is 30 minutes before departure.

国内航班最迟要在起飞半小时前办理登记手续。


4. 关于“光说不做”的表达~


① pay lip service,

如:Don't just pay lip service. Do something.

别光说,做点什么。

② talk is cheap!

如:He promised to give me a raise, but talk is cheap.

他答应给我涨工资,可光说没用。

you can talk the talk,but can you walk the walk?

你嘴上会说,能做得到吗?


5. I could eat a horse.

饿死我了,饿得象狼~


比如,I haven't had anything since this morning. I could eat a horse.

我从早上到现在什么都没吃,饿死我了。

I only had an apple in the last 24 hours, I could eat a horse now.

过去24小时我只吃了一个苹果,现在是饥肠辘辘。


6. go in one ear and out the other

一耳朵进一耳朵出。


Talking to my teenage daughter is like talking to a brick wall. Everything I tell her seems to go in one ear and out the other.

我跟十几岁的女儿说话好象在对牛弹琴,我告诉她的话,她总是这耳朵进那耳朵出。


7. 表达“这还差不多。”


① That's more like it.

② Now you are talking.

③ That's what I'm talking about.

比如:孩子成绩提高了,你就可以说 That's more like it.

年终公司请员工去度假,你可以说That's what I'm talking about.

卖家终于把价格降低到合理水平,你可以说 Now you are talking.


8. Has the cat got your tongue?

你怎么哑巴了!


Why did you skip school today? Has the cat got your tongue?

你今天为什么逃学?怎么不说话?哑巴了?

You'd better come clean and now is the time. Has the cat got your tongue?

你最好实话实说,而且现在就要,怎么不说话,哑巴了?


    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多